IGNORED

Southampton & Forest Away

NickJ

So thats 2 good away days ruined.

Southampton - Saturday 31 December 3pm changed to Friday 30 December 7.45pm

Forest - Saturday 7 April 3pm changed to Friday 6 April 7.45pm

I can't think of a single good reason for these changes.

Forest's site says it will give the players "an extra days rest before the Easter Monday game". What crap. Other games scheduled for the Saturday have been brought forward to the Friday, but at least they have a 3pm kick off.

As for the Southampton game, other games scheduled for 31 December have had kick off times brought forward to 1pm - far more sensible.

Just looking at a random selection of other clubs websites I find other fan unfreindly changes, not due to being on TV or clashes with other sporting events, but on "police advice":

Portsmouth v Millwall Easter Monday 7 April 3pm - changed to Tuesday 7.45pm

Watford v Blackpool Saturday 7 April 3pm changed to Friday 7.45pm

Birmingham v Millwall Saturday 10 September 3pm - changed to Sunday 12.30pm

Cardiff v Leeds, West Ham and Millwall - all changed from 3pm to 12.30 kick offs. Ours will be 3pm but on a Sunday, due to the rugby. The chances of it not being a bubble appear to be in the range of zero to extremely remote.

Here's a good one. Brighton's visit to Burnley scheduled for Saturday 7 April has been moved forward to Friday 6 April at 7.45pm, "at Brighton's request as the Seagulls look to reduce their travelling over the Easter weekend". So does Good Friday no longer count as being part of Easter?

Between them, the clubs and the police seem intent on making it less and less attractive to enjoy football matches, and thats before we even start talking about the numerous TV linked changes.

In the good old days you could plan your season in advance, thats all gone. I lost count of the number of times I have seen on here City fans booking train tickets for away games which were not valid as days and/or times had been changed.

Does anybody know if fans organisations have any say in the switching of games, or is it all just a carve up between the clubs, TV and police?

At a guess, someone somewhere decided there might be trouble (Forest - there has been in the past. Saints - localish derby) so moved the games from a Saturday afternoon to discourage travelling fans. Those looking for a fight will prob still go, but families etc will be the ones who don't go.

If it was the Police who insisted on the move then come on clubs; sue the Police for loss of potential income! Not your fault they can't cope.

The Forest game I have no idea but I'd imagine the Southampton trip was moved because police cannot be bothered to police a game on the same day as NYE.

I was quite looking forward to the night out down there as well with some mates. Football and NYE drinking would have been quality. :(

I believe once fixtures are released they have 1 week to make changes like this, so anyone wanting to book travel should wait til that week is over

Surely they can make changes whenever they want. I'm pretty sure it says on the fixture list that they are subject to change.

LATER START FOR ROYALS TRIP

Posted on: Mon 20 Jun 2011 City fans should be aware the club's away match with Reading in January 2012 will kick-off at 8pm.

The Royals play all of their midweek home fixtures at the later-than-usual 8pm kick-off time, and the fixture computer has handed City a Tuesday night trip to the Madejski Stadium in the forthcoming campaign.

The game takes place on Tuesday, January 31st 2012.

It's the only amendment so far to the 2011/12 fixture list, released last Friday. Clubs have seven days to make changes.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10327~2378849,00.html

Can't go to either of these now :(

God dam it. :disapointed2se:

Same here.

Southampton one could be more of a police 'too busy on new year's eve already' thing.

But Millen did say on his Player interview before the fixtures came out that he would be looking at the Christmas and Easter games. He wanted to see if something could be done about not playing two games in three days, as last season other clubs had managed to switch without the excuse of TV coverage.

That said, I'm surprised the Forest game is not 3pm on the Friday. Or even earlier.

So what decent away days are on a saturday then?

All Saturday away games

Aug 27 v Doncaster

Sep 17 v Leeds

Oct 1 v Blackpool

Oct 29 v Barnsley

Nov 19 v Millwall

Dec 10 v Derby

Jan 14 v Brighton

Feb 11 v Hull

Feb 18 v Peterborough

Mar 3 v Ipswich

Mar 17 v Portsmouth

Mar 24 v Middlesbrough

Apr 14 v Birmingham

Apr 28 v Burnley

May 5 - FA Cup Final.........we can dream !!

Archived