IGNORED

What Would You Offer Nicky Maynard To Stay?

Redhyde

I would offer something like this ...

3 year contract (2 year ext)

£12k a week (£1,872,000 over contract term)

£2.5k league app bonus (115k per year 345k max over contract term)

20+ goals a season £200k bonus (up to 600k)

Min release clause £9m

Total cost £2,817,000 max

Could also offer a promotion clause to increase any of the above. If you bring in someone of similar quality, it could cost us around this figure anyway, plus the replacement players wages and bonuses. Also giving him generous appearance and goal bonuses somewhat covers the risk of injury (which may be higher than usual for Nicky).

I would offer something like this ...

3 year contract (2 year ext)

£12k a week (£1,872,000 over contract term)

£2.5k league app bonus (115k per year 345k max over contract term)

20+ goals a season £200k bonus (up to 600k)

Min release clause £9m

Total cost £2,817,000 max

Could also offer a promotion clause to increase any of the above. If you bring in someone of similar quality, it could cost us around this figure anyway, plus the replacement players wages and bonuses. Also giving him generous appearance and goal bonuses somewhat covers the risk of injury (which may be higher than usual for Nicky).

Is anyone else starting to get a little bit ****** off with the suggestions that he, or anyone, should "settle for" nearly £3 million in order to represent our club. Somehting that I and I'm sure 95% of any clubs fans would give their right arm to do for nothing!

Ok, we might not have quite the cutting edge that we do now, with Sargent Ciderhead and I working the channels or trying to get on the end of an Adomah cross sweeping into the penalty area!

COME ON NICKY, YOU HAVE A FANTASIC OFFER ON THE TABLE AND YOU KNOW YOU ARE THE MAN HERE. TIME TO COME OUT AND TELL US WHAT YOU ARE THINKING. AT WORST, YOU WANT TO LEAVE AND WE START A BIDDING WAR, OR YOU STAY AND GIVE THE WHOLE CLUB A MASSIVE BOOST ON THE EVE OF PLAYERS COMING BACK FOR TRAINING.

ENOUGH MESSING ABOUT NOW, THANK YOU!

Is anyone else starting to get a little bit ****** off with the suggestions that he, or anyone, should "settle for" nearly £3 million in order to represent our club. Somehting that I and I'm sure 95% of any clubs fans would give their right arm to do for nothing!

Ok, we might not have quite the cutting edge that we do now, with Sargent Ciderhead and I working the channels or trying to get on the end of an Adomah cross sweeping into the penalty area!

COME ON NICKY, YOU HAVE A FANTASIC OFFER ON THE TABLE AND YOU KNOW YOU ARE THE MAN HERE. TIME TO COME OUT AND TELL US WHAT YOU ARE THINKING. AT WORST, YOU WANT TO LEAVE AND WE START A BIDDING WAR, OR YOU STAY AND GIVE THE WHOLE CLUB A MASSIVE BOOST ON THE EVE OF PLAYERS COMING BACK FOR TRAINING.

ENOUGH MESSING ABOUT NOW, THANK YOU!

TBF, if work out what any of our top players are earning it will be fairly near that figure. For example, Stead and Pitman are probably on £12k a week so over their 3 year contracts would be paid £1,872,000. This doesn't include any bonuses that they are on. Also we had to pay fees for both and they may have been paid large signing on fees. It does look a mind boggling figure when you add it up, but for arguably the best striker in the Championship, it is the going rate. Who could we realistically bring in on a 3 year contract whose transfer fee, signing on fee, wages, bonuses, etc ... would amount to a lower figure? I can't think of many players that we could even sign for less than £3m that would be likely to score 20 goals a season in the Championship, or were proven to be capable of doing so.

Anyway, I'm not sure what sort of offer we have made, but really hope he signs. He's not irreplacable, but he will be very difficult to replace.

The amounts of money being banded about on this thread are obscene. How the F can we afford 17 k a week or whatever we have offered, no seriously how can we afford that? Think about how many shirts we would have to sell to cover that, or how many people would have to come through the gate paying cash?

Its a joke. If he dosn't think we have offered him enough then goodbye Nicky bleed another club (that cant really afford it either) dry.

Football is going to implode very very soon in this country.

20k per year

4 weeks holiday

no sick pay

time and a half on Saturdays and Double time on Sundays. Hello Nicky, this is the real world.

Seriously some guys on here want to pay a player 17k a week, at a club that loses 10 million a year it's ridiculous. If we can't afford it we can't have it, where has the perspective gone in football fans? He's well within his rights to ask for whatever he wants, hopefully the person in charge of the accounts will act on behalf of BCFC and tell him to find it elsewhere, or if we can afford it by offloading some deadwood then pay him it.

TBF, if work out what any of our top players are earning it will be fairly near that figure. For example, Stead and Pitman are probably on £12k a week so over their 3 year contracts would be paid £1,872,000. This doesn't include any bonuses that they are on. Also we had to pay fees for both and they may have been paid large signing on fees. It does look a mind boggling figure when you add it up, but for arguably the best striker in the Championship, it is the going rate. Who could we realistically bring in on a 3 year contract whose transfer fee, signing on fee, wages, bonuses, etc ... would amount to a lower figure? I can't think of many players that we could even sign for less than £3m that would be likely to score 20 goals a season in the Championship, or were proven to be capable of doing so.

Anyway, I'm not sure what sort of offer we have made, but really hope he signs. He's not irreplacable, but he will be very difficult to replace.

I agree and realise it is the going rate. I am not saying don't offer it to him.

What I am saying is, i'm getting a little bit sick of waiting for him to graciously accept an offer like that. Either stay, be stinking rich, doing what you love, at a club that has developed you and appreciates you. OR hand in a transfer request and be gone asap, so we can get the most that we can for him.

It has gone beyond nervous aniticipation of what will happen and is fast becoming a tad insulting.

I know its the way football is and if we get to the Prem then it will need to be the case, but im really not sure i could feel as passionate about supporting a team made up of players earning the more grotesque sums of money that some clubs pay.

Fair play to Blackpool, they didn't do it but the likes of Hull paying god knows what for plays like Jimmy Bullard.

A good example was the ***** who scored the winning goal for man city in the cup final - great, but really when it would take most of us nearly 10 YEARS to earn what he gets paid EVERY WEEK!!! it is sickening!

So basically Nicky, please sign, we would love you stay and bang in goals for us, but if what we have offered you doesn't seem to make it worth your while then hurry up and bugger off!

I agree and realise it is the going rate. I am not saying don't offer it to him.

What I am saying is, i'm getting a little bit sick of waiting for him to graciously accept an offer like that. Either stay, be stinking rich, doing what you love, at a club that has developed you and appreciates you. OR hand in a transfer request and be gone asap, so we can get the most that we can for him.

It has gone beyond nervous aniticipation of what will happen and is fast becoming a tad insulting.

I know its the way football is and if we get to the Prem then it will need to be the case, but im really not sure i could feel as passionate about supporting a team made up of players earning the more grotesque sums of money that some clubs pay.

Fair play to Blackpool, they didn't do it but the likes of Hull paying god knows what for plays like Jimmy Bullard.

A good example was the ***** who scored the winning goal for man city in the cup final - great, but really when it would take most of us nearly 10 YEARS to earn what he gets paid EVERY WEEK!!! it is sickening!

So basically Nicky, please sign, we would love you stay and bang in goals for us, but if what we have offered you doesn't seem to make it worth your while then hurry up and bugger off!

Agree 100% that players are overpaid and don't realise how lucky they are to be paid huge sums to do what we supporters would love to do, rather than slave away making ends meet. I also understand your frustration in waiting to find out if he will sign. I just hope he puts pen to paper as soon as possible. However, he has been on holiday for a while and has only just met with KM again. KM's interview did seem to suggest that he is happy here and said he was looking forward to a full pre-season. I feel a tad more optimistic now that he will sign, but have no idea what we have offered him. It might just be a case of haggling over a buy out clause, which would be understandable, as I'm sure Nicky would love to play in the Prem. I'd be worried if someone with his talent didn't have that ambition. Anyway, I think we do need to bit a bit more patient, even if it is dragging on much more than we would like. :fingerscrossed:

So far we have said Nicky = how much. We do however miss several points in the equation.

We the fans pay the bulk of the wages, IMO we deserve a consideration from the players recieving our money. In todays world fans are swept under the carpet and its all about players and agents.

Then there is the modern uprise of the WAGS. Was it Hayters missus who stopped him coming to Bristol ? WAGS are now a major force in the decision making situation. Maynard turned up in Bristol with his Mum and two suitcases, one for clothes and the other for his signing on fee.

Now, a completely different scenario. We now have to consider what his significant other wants, with THEIR baby. What the two governing sets of grandparents want and so it goes on. Far reaching new family circumstances. The bottom line is, that Maynards baby has a mother and she will be a MAJOR power broker. Most women in her situation want the most money her man can lay his hands on. Now he has an agent, likewise wanting a cash reward .

Nicky Maynard is now a cash cow, supplying a never ending cash demand until his career is over

You know what, I dont envy him. I earned huge cash in my time and there was a constant tugging of my pocket from parasites sucking the profits of my ability to earn.

Archived