IGNORED

Hendo Off To Pompey?

jambodinho

No I didn't.

I qualified it by saying it's probably shit - did you not read that bit ?

You have absolutely no idea what any player is earning. You may have been told something, same as me, but it is still second hand and probably bullshit - in fact, it's almost certainly bullshit.

Sorry, but you know nothing about someone wages, same as every other person on this forum and every supporter of Bristol City and nothing you can say will convince me otherwise.

Fair enough. Yes I've been told by a senior figure at the club several times in passing. I'm not asking anyone to believe it. Just felt I needed to reply

Sorry mate, but that is just not correct.

You say that it amuses you that supporters claim to know what a player is paid and then go right ahead and do it yourself.

I don't like the "I know a better source than you" bullshit, but I do know what he is earning and it isn't 8k. Not having a dig, but I had to reply :flowers:

Well I know Pompey offered him 10k a week to remain at the club, so it will be around that mark, we have never been in any position to offer a player the ridiculous rumours of 15k a week for a goalie.

As a point of interest and discussion, how many people do you think actually know what each player is earning ?

Formally, not many. Realistically, more than that because people talk. I suppose my real answer is don't know and don't care either to be quite frank.

I would imagine a lot of players know what others have told them they earn, which isn't neccessarily the truth, but at least several at board level know. I doubt very much that the wages are a secret from anyone at board level, being as it's their own money being used in the club. The guy I know is at the level I assume he would know.

As I have mentioned several times, I couldn't care less whether anyone believes him or me. It amuses me how people get so upset about it though, and are so quick to denounce it as bullshit. Not saying you have done that, just generalising. The hypocrisy on here smells badly at times

Formally, not many. Realistically, more than that because people talk. I suppose my real answer is don't know and don't care either to be quite frank.

I would imagine a lot of players know what others have told them they earn, which isn't neccessarily the truth, but at least several at board level know. I doubt very much that the wages are a secret from anyone at board level, being as it's their own money being used in the club. The guy I know is at the level I assume he would know.

As I have mentioned several times, I couldn't care less whether anyone believes him or me. It amuses me how people get so upset about it though, and are so quick to denounce it as bullshit. Not saying you have done that, just generalising. The hypocrisy on here smells badly at times

I am sure it is like most organisations, your immediate boss knows what you earn as well as payroll and HR.. and of course IT who can see everything... never upset IT/IS

So as long as as you have contacts in these departments and they are willing to break their own terms of contact then i suspect it is pretty easy to get a broad idea of what footballers earn.

To be honest i couldn't care what they earn, most took a big gamble to become footballers, many don't make it and ruin their chances of making good money by doing so. Fair play to them.

So you are saying that a board member has told you the salaries of individual players ?

You took 17 minutes to type that?

I'm not saying anything, for obvious reasons. Why the interest? You've already said you wouldn't believe me anyway? :rolleyes:

I only have two fingers.

You're from Swindon?

So it is a board member then.

Let tme see, who could it be...someone young I'm guessing...

I haven't said it's a board member. You can cross reference me all you like, I'd never say who it is, naturally.

You're more interested in it than I am, although it's certainly interesting to have an insight, however small, into the club I've supported for getting on for 40 years now

You're from Swindon?

I haven't said it's a board member. You can cross reference me all you like, I'd never say who it is, naturally.

You're more interested in it than I am, although it's certainly interesting to have an insight, however small, into the club I've supported for getting on for 40 years now

If you Come from Swindon you just have once big webbed finger, i think Cynic has got away with that. Phew

Archived