IGNORED

Chelsea Left Back

Ashton1

It did seem rather random, they quoted Keith as saying he would love to sign (loan) Bertrand but there are much bigger clubs looking at him.

It didn't appear to quantify why Keith said that e.g. whether we had approached Chelsea, whether there was media speculation or just wishful thinking

I wouldn't write it off completely its unlikely yes but not impossible, stranger things have happened,

Would be nice but as good as he or the other two maybe I'd rather have a perm left back that would be here for atleast 3 years,

Completely unrelated but I see the Alcock deal from Yeovil to Peterborough appears to have fallen through,

Now this would fit in perfrctly with us he's a young highly thought off right back who is on a free (Tribunel fee) I wonder if we're intrested,

I wouldn't write it off completely its unlikely yes but not impossible, stranger things have happened,

Would be nice but as good as he or the other two maybe I'd rather have a perm left back that would be here for atleast 3 years,

Completely unrelated but I see the Alcock deal from Yeovil to Peterborough appears to have fallen through,

Now this would fit in perfrctly with us he's a young highly thought off right back who is on a free (Tribunel fee) I wonder if we're intrested,

Sorry, who? :/

Radio Bristol ... Breakfast Show Steve Le Favre .. (online iplayer) ... about 2hrs 7 mins into show...

(basically just a short comment quoting KM as saying he'd love to be able to sign him (Bertrand),but he's convinced he'll stay in the Prem ... sounds like someone may have posed the question to Millen & he's responding to that rather than us being seriously interested)

Wasnt suggesting you were making it up. Apologies if it it came across like that.

As I said it is an odd move for KM to name targets so I'm surprised but delighted if we could get either of those two lads, don't know anything about the other young Chelsea full back mentioned

No worries, surprised myself TBH

I thought this but he is a right back. We could still be in for him.

Bertrand probably going to Swansea, Very happy if its Van Aanholt

Just heard on SSN that Swansea have dropped their interest after Neil Taylor signed a new contract. Could Bertrand be one of the potential loanee's with Championship experience we are looking at? :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Also i noted that Hearts LB Lee Wallace was getting interest from Championship clubs. Either player would be ideal :englandsmile4wf:

Lee Wallace is quality but Hearts have already rejected a bid of over £1M from Rangers for him. I'm not sure City would be willing to splash over a million on a player who was injured for much of last season.....unless they know they have £6M + coming from the sale of Maynard nooooooooooooooooooo.

Yep that would be Bertrand then.

As Riaz said, No chance.

Ah, but Bristol is twinned with Oporto (sadly, wrong city) and Chelsea's new mascotnager André Villas-Boas, who is still about 12, loves the place, therefore he will do us various favours to honour his home town.

Archived