IGNORED

2 Further Maynard Bids Rejected

Bar BS3

Would be great to have it all sorted asap. In fairness though we don't know any of the details that could be holding any potential deal up. For all we know he could be keen to sign and is just ironing out details. On the other hand its understandable him keeping his options open (if that is the case.) At the end of the day we are only his employers and if a better opportunity was to come along (prem footy!) It's one he's going to take!

I was told Maynard's agent is Sky Andrew also. No idea if true or not.

Not that it confirms anything but I was sent a few pics the other week of Nicky and Jermaione Pennant together trying to look like wanabe gangsters! They looked pretty close to me. was a shame to see Nicky knocking about with a dick like him.

I was told Maynard's agent is Sky Andrew also. No idea if true or not.

Not that it confirms anything but I was sent a few pics the other week of Nicky and Jermaione Pennant together trying to look like wanabe gangsters! They looked pretty close to me. was a shame to see Nicky knocking about with a dick like him.

Do you know Jermaine? No. He is far from being a dick.

Is he the one that played with a tag on his leg ?

Or am I confusing him with someone else ?

That's the one, crashed his car whilst drunk and then when questioned, claimed to be Ashley Cole. Nice Fella.....

Thought so.

Regularly disciplined by various clubs for all sorts.

Bit of a dick by the sound of it.

Not to mention he was actually disqualified from driving at the time he crashed, therefore was uninsured. Imagine if he had hit someone?

Didn't he leave a Porsche in a car park for months and months because he forgot about it?

I would say "Dick" is a fair assessment.

Not to mention he was actually disqualified from driving at the time he crashed, therefore was uninsured. Imagine if he had hit someone?

Didn't he leave a Porsche in a car park for months and months because he forgot about it?

I would say "Dick" is a fair assessment.

Yeah that's the story. When he was out in Spain, he was then loaned to Stoke but forgot he had a car in a car park out in Spain. Dick.

Do you know Jermaine? No. He is far from being a dick.

Why the love in for Pennant? from the sounds of it, he is a dick, unless you approve of people driving without insurance, driving under the influence and driving whilst disqualified....?

He's got a year left on his contract. End of story. Forget about the seasons he's had... Millen was the first person to say we needed a settled squad at the start of this season.... And look whats happening all over again. Either sign Nicky or do one as we need the squad sorted.... 4.5 million is a lot of money for someone with that amount left on his contract. Lets get this sorted NOW.

Or how about we try and go forward by hanging on to our prized assets, unless they express an explicit desire to leave.

If we needed to sell he would have been in the east midlands a week ago.

or maybe we're holding on for a good price, or NM to sign to increase the price. I get worried when we keep losing money at such an alarming rate, and don't show any sign of reining in expenditure. I remember 1982 all too well.

or maybe we're holding on for a good price, or NM to sign to increase the price. I get worried when we keep losing money at such an alarming rate, and don't show any sign of reining in expenditure. I remember 1982 all too well.

I can't imagine Leicester's offer is particularly small by this point considering the number of efforts they've made. All the noises coming out of the Gate are that we have established ourselves and want to push forward. We won't do that by selling our best players, which is exactly what Sexstone came out and said repeatedly after each bid was rejected.

I can't imagine Leicester's offer is particularly small by this point considering the number of efforts they've made. All the noises coming out of the Gate are that we have established ourselves and want to push forward. We won't do that by selling our best players, which is exactly what Sexstone came out and said repeatedly after each bid was rejected.

But how hard is it to grasp that you cannot keep spending money you don't have! Try spending your salary plus £500 each Month, it will look good short term, but ultimately will go t its up big time!

But how hard is it to grasp that you cannot keep spending money you don't have! Try spending your salary plus £500 each Month, it will look good short term, but ultimately will go t its up big time!

I'm not debating that, your first post implied we weren't going to keep him because of money, which is clearly untrue. Although you can either stagnate and piss away money (quote SL: "You can't make money in League 1 and I doubt you can in the Championship") or, as I've said already, be pro-active and put yourself on the line a bit and push for the big time. Maybe we shouldn't take SL's bankrolling for granted as much as we do, but until another investor comes along I doubt very much that he will pull the plug.

For what it's worth, I've been told the Club won't accept anything less than 8 million, if they were to sell to another Championship club.

Make of that what you will...just putting it out there.

I never doubted the club's resolve on Nicky's valuation. its prem club or nada. Nicky will most likely wait until the window slams shut and you cannot blame him for that; he will not go to a championship club; City have said that and i am sure Nicky agrees with that. What is the point? if there was one we might as well throw in the towel now and say we are happy with a relegation battle.

I never doubted the club's resolve on Nicky's valuation. its prem club or nada. Nicky will most likely wait until the window slams shut and you cannot blame him for that; he will not go to a championship club; City have said that and i am sure Nicky agrees with that. What is the point? if there was one we might as well throw in the towel now and say we are happy with a relegation battle.

Well the club wont wait until the window shuts, we are not in the position where we can allow him to potentially walk for nothing.

If he goes, it will be in a deal that VALUED him at a minimum of £6 million to a premier league club, probably on deadline day. I would guess Wolves, and I'd hope we could get Sylvain Ebanks Blake in part exchange. There is bound to be a Premier league side that either has a serious injury to a striker or struggles to score early on who will stump up a million more than they wanted to. If he starts the season well, then you can stick some more on the price tag.

When we get to the last few weeks of the window, when lower prem teams have missed out on there top two or three targets, they will bid and we will sell. Im convinced that will happen.

The main worry about that is that it leaves us with little/or no time to re-invest those funds and hope that Pitman is as good as we (maybe just me) think he is.

Pitman......... is every bit as good as we think...... he is not....... NM.... but he will do us good, he will get goals..... made the right decision in signing up with us...... maybe needs the space that NM leaving may create

I feel it could be his season for BCFC......... like to keep NM as well though as his goals could be worth a fortune to us this season

I have watched Brett for years in the local B'mth press..... he has and will do us & himself proud......... just the kind of player that we need & should be looking out for.......

UP THE CITY!

As my dear old 'NAN BRISTOL' used to say

Wonder if QPR will get a bit nervy about making no signings and steam in with a bid?!

My QPR mate tells me that Briatore is holding on to the purse strings and selling their best players in an attempt to make Colin walk. Colin (and for once I can't blame him) is sitting tight!

I do know what you are saying, I just think that we have overspent for too many years now chasing promotion, and at some point we have to cut our level of losses. There is a level of risk in selling Nicky, and equally, a risk in committing ourselves to paying high wages over a long period of time. I just think that we have to start living more within our means, accept that City cannot compete financially with the bigger Championship teams, and look to rebuild and mount a challenge in a more sustainable way. That will mean selling our better players from time to time to generate funds for more purchases, but it's just a fact of life for a Club like City at Championship level. With quite a few high earners on our books who are not likely to contribute a lot, and the need to let players like Bolasie, Wilson and Ribiero (if fit) develop, with a target of mid-table next season, then hopefully with wages freed up and a good core of young players, we could be serious contenders in 12/13. It's not being negative, it's being realistic, and looking at success more as a long-term goal. There are far too many examples of Clubs over-spending chasing promotion and coming a cropper.

My QPR mate tells me that Briatore is holding on to the purse strings and selling their best players in an attempt to make Colin walk. Colin (and for once I can't blame him) is sitting tight!

QPR....... years of nothing much to shout about....... then made good for a season ............ could be us, might have been us for one season (blew it)

Will be us again one day.... but I suspect not for many a year sadly

I do know what you are saying, I just think that we have overspent for too many years now chasing promotion, and at some point we have to cut our level of losses. There is a level of risk in selling Nicky, and equally, a risk in committing ourselves to paying high wages over a long period of time. I just think that we have to start living more within our means, accept that City cannot compete financially with the bigger Championship teams, and look to rebuild and mount a challenge in a more sustainable way. That will mean selling our better players from time to time to generate funds for more purchases, but it's just a fact of life for a Club like City at Championship level. With quite a few high earners on our books who are not likely to contribute a lot, and the need to let players like Bolasie, Wilson and Ribiero (if fit) develop, with a target of mid-table next season, then hopefully with wages freed up and a good core of young players, we could be serious contenders in 12/13. It's not being negative, it's being realistic, and looking at success more as a long-term goal. There are far too many examples of Clubs over-spending chasing promotion and coming a cropper.

Why shouldn't we be chasing promotion? If we stop fighting and execpt mid table then we find ourselves in danger of falling down and spending the season fighting relegation again. Yes we have too many players on the books but to sell our best assets and do nothing about it? The gas done that with Lambert look what happened to them. The simple fact is goals win games and to sell off a 20 goal a season striker without fighting tooth and nail to keep him is ridiculous. Do we have a chance off the top six with Maynard in my opinion yes, without him no.

Why shouldn't we be chasing promotion? If we stop fighting and execpt mid table then we find ourselves in danger of falling down and spending the season fighting relegation again. Yes we have too many players on the books but to sell our best assets and do nothing about it? The gas done that with Lambert look what happened to them. The simple fact is goals win games and to sell off a 20 goal a season striker without fighting tooth and nail to keep him is ridiculous. Do we have a chance off the top six with Maynard in my opinion yes, without him no.

we haven't stopped chasing promotion as the prem is our goal its simply on hold for a little bit while the new ground is built,

I think Steve and Colin are happy to fight for the play-offs top 10 while the ground is being built, once we've moved in I would expect us and uncle steve to push the boat out and go for it,

Thats just my thinking tho'

sorry, I just have this strange desire to keep things reasonably affordable. I do apologise, and hope that the fallout of losing £10m+ per year is not too bad!

Archived