IGNORED

2 Further Maynard Bids Rejected

Bar BS3

I've said before that a certain bid (I don't know what that amount is) would trigger talks, but it doesn't sound to me as if the bids are anywhere near that trigger.

I can't see Leicester (if it is them) coming back again - 3 attempts, 3 snubs, take the hint.

But there may well be some Premier League sides sitting up and taking note...

But looking at the language being used, I just get the impression that SL and CS are not budging on it.

Edit: Legend has it that the last bid was for 4m.

We are so fortunate to have Pitman & Stead on board as well as Maynard... the three attempts so far show how few & far between available(& non available) good strikers are - & if your'e in desperate need of a striker how much you'll need to shell out to get one.. we've done some brilliant business in recent times to secure our strike force, if Nicky go's it will be a great shame cos we're building something good here.. but thank God, if the worst happens, we've got quality already here & wont be in desperation needing immediate replacement.. hope we can keep what we have -if we were playing a card game we'd be holding a bloody good hand at the moment.

So Leicester have bid again ( yawn) they have been told were not selling to a Championship club so they are wasting there time.

That's all there is to know, but as usual it's full of conspiracy theories on here.

Leicester, Forest etc etc your wasting your time. Now F..... Off.......!

http://twitter.com/FootballAgent46

Been on the phone non stop today. 2 bids in on player, 3rd could be on way, all 7 figures. So going to talk some terms this afternoon about 5 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

if and a big if thats maynard then he is talking terms with us this afternoon after training,

but I'm guessing its Charlie Adam

I know we are holding firm right now but I think much more and we will accept it. And to be honest it wouldn't be bad business at £4.5m plus sell ons etc especially considering he may not sign etc. Would prefer to see him get a chance in the Prem though.

If Leicester came up with 6m hard cash then I think the club might listen but you can guarantee that the 4m bid wasn't pure cash, probably 3m + add ons.

Any Championship who wants Maynard will have to pay OTT, PL will pay much less.

And you can also guarantee that Sky Andrew is directing things behind the scenes, talking to Leicester, Florist anyone who will listen to the leach.

BCAGFC

If Leicester came up with 6m hard cash then I think the club might listen but you can guarantee that the 4m bid wasn't pure cash, probably 3m + add ons.

Any Championship who wants Maynard will have to pay OTT, PL will pay much less.

And you can also guarantee that Sky Andrew is directing things behind the scenes, talking to Leicester, Florist anyone who will listen to the leach.

BCAGFC

Sky Andrew is not his agent

http://www.skyletandrew.com/news/index.html

He mentions every one of his players here and Maynard is not among them,

Players mentioned ar,

Jermaine Pennant

Jay Bothroyd

Lloyd Dyer

Richard Keogh

Marvin Sordell

Harry Crawford

Leroy Lita

Johnny Dunleavy

Jon Fortune

No mention of Maynard so unless you can prove me wrong Sky Andrew is not his agent

O.K. We`re all in the dark here really and i havn`t heard anyone putting forward this particular angle. CS reiterated the clubs posn regarding selling NM to another championship club as a non starter. Rumours indicate that the club have tabled an improved contract for Nicky that some clubs might flinch at improving on. So..even if the club did cave into an improved bid from a Championship club arn`t we all jumping the gun a little in assuming NM would want to go there ? I should imagine his own personal goal is PL football and i`m not convinced signing for another Championship club is neccessarily the right way of getting there. We all know how unpredictable this League is and as i see it WHU are the only club i would lay money on for promotion next year and thats still a gamble !!

It`s my own feeling that NM is waiting to see what, if any, PL interest is shown and if none he will sign the new contract.

PDG

i'd accept £4.5m / £5m in a heart beat. Some good cash to get in 2 quality defenders.. Nicky has had one good season!! What happens if he has a shocker this season and we've wasted the chance on £5m?

One good season is a harsh way of putting it. First season got used to the division and still had a respectable goals return. Second season was his "one good season". Last season came back from a long term knee injury and showed his class from the off. Averaged pretty much a goal every other game. Takes most players a fair few games to find fitness and form after such an injury. Hardly a one season wonder is he?

One good season is a harsh way of putting it. First season got used to the division and still had a respectable goals return. Second season was his "one good season". Last season came back from a long term knee injury and showed his class from the off. Averaged pretty much a goal every other game. Takes most players a fair few games to find fitness and form after such an injury. Hardly a one season wonder is he?

He's got a year left on his contract. End of story. Forget about the seasons he's had... Millen was the first person to say we needed a settled squad at the start of this season.... And look whats happening all over again. Either sign Nicky or do one as we need the squad sorted.... 4.5 million is a lot of money for someone with that amount left on his contract. Lets get this sorted NOW.

Archived