IGNORED

Kevin Phillips To Blackpool

TinnionForEngland

While Phillips has been a great player over the years chipping in with some vital goals for whoever he has played for, he turns 38 soon.

While it appears that he is evergreen and has miles left in him, there has to be a point where he just cant go on much longer. I have a feeling he will realise that in the next 6 months.

Its a good job your're not City's manager.

Clarkson will give more in 60 mins than a 37 year old has been will in 6 games.

And to be fair his scoring record for us when starting can be held up against anyones 27 games 11 goals (I think it is, put pelase correct me if wrong) Now that is pretty impressive for a guy that is classed as a secondary support striker, not an out and out goal scorer.

Don't get me wrong we have had many better strikers than this guy at the club, but some of the rubbish this guy puts up with is unwarranted

Don't get me wrong we have had many better strikers than this guy at the club, but some of the rubbish this guy puts up with is unwarranted

Indeed. Clarkson is what he is, a support striker. For a 4th choice as you said he' goalscoring record is actually very decent. I dont know what some people expect 3 Maynard's in our ranks?

As for Phillips i would'nt be happy if we signed him. 4 years ago maybe but at 37 way too old for me.

And to be fair his scoring record for us when starting can be held up against anyones 27 games 11 goals (I think it is, put pelase correct me if wrong) Now that is pretty impressive for a guy that is classed as a secondary support striker, not an out and out goal scorer.

Yeah Clarkson is a very clever footballer in my opinion. It's a shame he wasn't blessed with a bit more pace. We have definitely had a lot worse down the gate than David Clarkson!!!

Archived