IGNORED

Captain For This Season?

I BELIEVE

Would be interesting to see who people think will be captain and who people would like to be. Personally I would keep Carey as captain but due to his age he is likely to miss a lot of games so it is important to have a strong vice-captain. So who would you pick?

Me: Marv Elliot

Over to you

I think it could be Kilkenny, snappy little character, who will demand things of his fellow players.

LC is never a captain in a million years, yes he loves the club but as a motivator on the pitch (motivating in the dressing room is completely different), he is poor....very poor.

BCAGFC

I think it could be Kilkenny, snappy little character, who will demand things of his fellow players.

LC is never a captain in a million years, yes he loves the club but as a motivator on the pitch (motivating in the dressing room is completely different), he is poor....very poor.

BCAGFC

What are you on about ???:disapointed2se: Louis Carey was a brilliant captain in his prime. IMO.

What are you on about ???:disapointed2se: Louis Carey was a brilliant captain in his prime. IMO.

In his prime possibly but that is LONG gone now.

Last season LC was as quite as a mouse, I sit close to the pitch now (I've got Spudskidodgykneeitis) and he never spoke a word.

I wouldn't call giving one of your team-mates (Gerken) the biggest slagging down EVER on national TV (& many other times) a good & inspirational captain.

Captaincy is about motivation, knowing how to deal with each of your team-mates, some need a kick up the butt, some need an arm around them.....it is called man-management.

BCAGFC

Carey Captain for next season - No reason for hjm not to be, commands respect from the players on and off the field.

Millen won't be changing it as there is no valid reason to.

Kilkenny VERY unlikely, it's very rare for players to walk straight into a club and become captain and generally only happens if they are a player of statue with proven ability and leadership skills.

Id like to see Carey installed as "Club" Captain but someone else as "Team" Captain

Its likely that there will be at least 1 new centre back coming in and with carey likely to be more of a squad player I would prefer to have a captain on that pitch that is likely to be playing every week

Otherwise we end up with the arm band being passed around every time carey is in and out the team

Elliott, Fontaine, Kilkenny possibly

David James anyone? The most experienced and possibly the most intelligent player at the club. The only downfall is that he's only likely to be here one more season.

I've nevered like goalkeepers as captains always a midfield general or a defender for me as they tend to be the loudest

Carey to be Club Captain (like Neville was at Man Utd) for general off the pitch ambassadorial stuff.

On the pitch, I'd be happy for it to rotate around various players - maybe encourage a few more "leaders" on the pitch and more players to take responsibility.

I would give it to James, hes the most experienced player, got international recognition, would think he is well respected by all players at our club and you can always hear him on the pitch. For those of you who say a keeper shouldnt be captain, look at Oliver Khan? He wasnt bad was he! Iker Casillas aswell?

But i think Millen will keep it with Carey

wouldn't mind James as captain as even as keeper he makes himself heard by others, however as long as his form doesn't dip with it I wouldn't mind Marv as how many games will Carey play of the defense does get strengthed?

wouldn't mind James as captain as even as keeper he makes himself heard by others, however as long as his form doesn't dip with it I wouldn't mind Marv as how many games will Carey play of the defense does get strengthed?

But how many games will Marv play, im hoping that we start with Cisse and Kilkenny in the midfield, so cant see Elliot playing a massive part!

Would be interesting to see who people think will be captain and who people would like to be. Personally I would keep Carey as captain but due to his age he is likely to miss a lot of games so it is important to have a strong vice-captain. So who would you pick?

Over to you

I believe Carey should still be captain, I just don't understand this fascination about his age. 34 is not old.

Players are fitter than they ever have been,

and watching some of the training ground footage re pre season training,Carey is fitter than a lot of the young lads.

David James anyone? The most experienced and possibly the most intelligent player at the club. The only downfall is that he's only likely to be here one more season.

I don't believe that kicking the ball over the stand and moping every time he concedes a goal is the way to gee up the rest of the team.

Has he ever captained a side during his whole career ?

Over to you

I've always believed that the captain should be the manager's voice on the pitch,

experienced at the level played and a natural leader of men with a sound understanding of the game.

He can take direction from the touchline and communicate it quickly,

take responsibility and correct those around him that are not stepping in line.

Signore Capello has poo-poo'd the importance of the role,

but i disagree with him. How many City players could presently fill these boots?

It's damn shame we don't have a younger/fitter/happier Paul Hartley or alike...

But how many games will Marv play, im hoping that we start with Cisse and Kilkenny in the midfield, so cant see Elliot playing a massive part!

Marv played every game last season. Personally I thought he was a decent captain last season and would be my choice for next.

I don't care. It doesn't matter.

We are about the only nation that whoever the captain is matters. Most other teams in other countries just give the armband to the most senior player. Tactics and having the right playing staff is more important that who wears an armband. Players with that natural ability to gee up team mates will do it anyway.

Archived