IGNORED

Captain For This Season?

I BELIEVE

good shout there

Just thinking the same, not the obvious choice. But he's highly regarded amongst the fans and players, and has been since his move.

A good wealth of experience, seems very committed and is a very good player.

Ticks the boxes, why not? :yawn:

Cissa for me, when you consider experence and position on the pitch .

My second would be James !

Think Carey is handy to have around the squad but I think captains need to be keyplayers , and as much as I love him feel his games are numbered !

Millen confirmed on Radio Bristol that he is considering the Team Captain role......reckons Louis will remain Club Captain but he may pass the armband to someone else.....he mentioned Skuse, Marv and Fonts doing it last season

Although there are others he could consider, it may be that he picks from these three.

How is it clueless?

So you would start Marv instead of Cisse and Kilkenny then?

Drop one of 2 players who can actually pass a ball and play football and replace them with a player who just runs round headless using his strength ?

8 Goals 2nd top scorer highlights how important he is to us.

If you seriously think that Elliott wont start against Ipswich YOU ARE CLUELESS.

Either he will play alongside Kilkenny or he will play with a 3 alongside Kilkenny and Skuse/Cisse.

No question he will start.

Marvin for me.

Right position, right age and last season's resurgence in form, plus the vital goals he brings from midfield, should make him a definite name on the team sheet.

He'd thrive on the responsibility and could be an inspirational Captain imo.

If you seriously think that Elliott wont start against Ipswich YOU ARE CLUELESS.

Either he will play alongside Kilkenny or he will play with a 3 alongside Kilkenny and Skuse/Cisse.

So what formation are you envisaging exactly? 4-5-1, Maynard (or AN Other) up front on their own? 4-4-2 with our left side open (ie. NO Bolasie or JCR)?

Sorry (you may think I'm clueless....) but it's got to be Cisse and Kilkenny with Albert on right and either Pitman/JCR/Bolly on left, Maynard and Stead up front and four in defence.

:dunno:

How is it clueless?

So you would start Marv instead of Cisse and Kilkenny then?

Drop one of 2 players who can actually pass a ball and play football and replace them with a player who just runs round headless using his strength ?

So what formation are you envisaging exactly? 4-5-1, Maynard (or AN Other) up front on their own? 4-4-2 with our left side open (ie. NO Bolasie or JCR)?

Sorry (you may think I'm clueless....) but it's got to be Cisse and Kilkenny with Albert on right and either Pitman/JCR/Bolly on left, Maynard and Stead up front and four in defence.

One thing is for sure. We dont need Skuse, Marv & Cisse..... three players who play the same position - One needs to go!

IMO

Yes I do think your clueless.

Not my problem, im not the manager.....whether we play 442, 433 or 541 Marvin will start. No question.

Yes I do think your clueless.

Not my problem, im not the manager.....whether we play 442, 433 or 541 Marvin will start. No question.

I'm with you on this Bangers. As things stand Marvin will start alongside Kilkenny. I think a few people have the wrong idea about Kilkenny. From what i have seen he is going to sit and make himself available for the ball all of the time. Of the rest of our midfield options Marv is probably the best with his workrate and goalscoring ability. IMO

I think we'll find that it's going to be 'horses for courses' ...... he will not start every game.

It wont be horses for courses. Marvin will basically play every game probably in a 3 with Skuse and Kilkenny. Cisse will be a bit part player like he has been. If fit, Marvin will start EVERY league game.

It wont be horses for courses. Marvin will basically play every game probably in a 3 with Skuse and Kilkenny. Cisse will be a bit part player like he has been. If fit, Marvin will start EVERY league game.

I wouldn't of said 4-3-3 until Millen said Skuse has a good shout of being captain unless Millen freezes Elliot onto the bench so is kilkenny and skuse central midfield pairing but don't see that happening seeing as Elliot was our top midfield scorer. So possibly more like 4-1-2-3 with Cisse just infront of the defence for more defensive minded games and then skuse/elliot rotated. With then Adomah Maynard stead up top which sounds quite tasty just a shame can't fit Pitman into the that team and hope Maynard would never be put on the flank as is wasted! oh and back on topic still like Stead to be captain!

This is possibly the most interesting thread of the summer so far!

If you discount anyone yet to be named and brought in, I would tip these as the candidates

Elliott (did well as stand-in)

Stead (oozes class and reads the game well)

Killkenny (leader on the field...We hope)

Skuse (also done well as skipper...personally I think he may struggle to get in the starting 11 regularly)

Outsiders

James (vastly experienced, but I'm always a bit against goalkeepers as on field captain....But KM may not be)

McAllister (May sruggle to retain a regular spot)

My money would be on Elliott or Killkenny dependent upon how they show in preseason, but keep in mind your skipper will be first on the teamsheet!!!

Marv for me.

I think he will be one of our most important / influential players this season. It scares me to think how an even more passionate or motivated Marv could have a MASSIVE affect on our performances on and off the pitch next year.

Shows how differentley various people see our club.

For me; Cisse, Skuse and Kilkenny should all start above Marv, dont get me wrong- i like ME as a player, but he cant pass the ball and as a central midfielder surely that is the most important aspect of your game.

Cisse and Kilkenny to start in the middle for me, KC always willing to stick his foot in and play some simple passes with Kilkenny next to him ready to take the ball off of him and to start some more attacking and creative moves.

With Elliot he just runs round using his strength, which is good if you want us to play long balls with knock downs all the time, but personally thats not what i want to see. And you may say that he scored 8 goals for us last season, but think how many more Stead, Pitman and Maynard could have had if he could pass the ball a few metres.

Jamo or Carey captain for me, both with alot of experience and i would assume most respect in the squad we have currently.

i'm not sure where Skuse and Cisse fit in to the system. I am one of Cisse's biggest fans but i don't think him and Kilkenny will work at all as they are both holding midfielders albeit different playing roles.

Marv is the only attacking CM and although he struggles to pass all he would have to do is offload to Kilkenny and let him ping it about.

I also think we won't play a 3 man midfield purely because that would mean only one of Stead, Pitman, Maynard, Clarkson and Taylor could play which wouldn't be benefivcial to the club at all.

Edit- oh and Marv would be captain for me, as stated above not the most technically gifted player he wears his heart on his sleeve and could inspire the rest of the team

Archived