IGNORED

Left Back

Keep this thread running until we sign a quality left back.

Not sure how, but its not allowed to dissapear until we sign one.

Maybe could turn into some sort of petition :laugh:

Come on then clever clogs, who do you want to sign then ?

Give us some names of left backs and tell us if they are available.

It's not about who I want to sign :laugh:

I'm not a scout for the club, nor do I have the extensive knowledge of the leagues to suggest potential signings.

I just want to generate a bit of light hearted banter and at the same time reinforce that signing a left back should be a top priority at BCFC.

I'm not a scout for the club, nor do I have the extensive knowledge of the leagues to suggest potential signings.

I just want to generate a bit of light hearted banter and at the same time reinforce that signing a left back should be a top priority at BCFC.

Why ?

yeah but this is the problem tho isnt it? i have had this debate before challenging this forum to name a left back who would be

a) affordable

b) interested in coming to us

c) someone we think we should be looking at

Even Riaz who i think is the most anti mcallister member on here couldnt stump up more than dean lewington or tommy spurr....this is from memory as when i debated this it was about feb time!!!

personally i cant think of anyone who fits the above criteria, so maybe we should cut keith some slack cuz they are at a premium, and until someone tells me someone who would fit the above, i believe we may persist with mcallister, who as i have stated on many occasions i believe to be competatnt at this level

Spot on, this thread has no legs at all, cuz i gaurantee no one can suggest a viable left back......gauranteed

He's more than competent at this level, just lets himself down now and then with his "matt hill-esque" punts up the wings.

Defensively he's much better than Crainey.

He does abdicate responsibility now and then, but thats usually resolved with a kick into touch. Safe.

I think it's been evident that whenever Mcallister is out injured, we miss him quite a bit.

irrespective of what some peoe may think of him, we are a better side when he is playing.

Ben Gordon, about fifth in line at Chelsea and very good on loan in a dismal Scunny side at AG last season?

Millen said today he is looking at Prem loans for players who won't make their squads, this sort of name seems the likeliest.

yeah but this is the problem tho isnt it? i have had this debate before challenging this forum to name a left back who would be

a) affordable

b) interested in coming to us

c) someone we think we should be looking at

Even Riaz who i think is the most anti mcallister member on here couldnt stump up more than dean lewington or tommy spurr....this is from memory as when i debated this it was about feb time!!!

personally i cant think of anyone who fits the above criteria, so maybe we should cut keith some slack cuz they are at a premium, and until someone tells me someone who would fit the above, i believe we may persist with mcallister, who as i have stated on many occasions i believe to be competatnt at this level

ummm... why do I have to find one??? I not involved in football, so how would I know? I've got 3 kids and a full time job - so I havent got time to play football manager every day...

Anyway, most full backs in the football league are probabaly better than mcallister!!

Ben Gordon, about fifth in line at Chelsea and very good on loan in a dismal Scunny side at AG last season?

Millen said today he is looking at Prem loans for players who won't make their squads, this sort of name seems the likeliest.

Agreed I've said this many times. We played Scunny I thought he was the best left back we saw at the gate all season.

ummm... why do I have to find one??? I not involved in football, so how would I know? I've got 3 kids and a full time job - so I havent got time to play football manager every day...

Anyway, most full backs in the football league are probabaly better than mcallister!!

yeah but you would probably suggest aboit 10 strikers/cm/wingers we should be in for, this is the part of my argument i will always back up, no suggestions= we stick with what we got

yeah but you would probably suggest aboit 10 strikers/cm/wingers we should be in for, this is the part of my argument i will always back up, no suggestions= we stick with what we got

Thats a pretty flawed argument then - just because I cant name many left backs, does not mean that there arent any out there and we dont need one, because we do.

Thats a pretty flawed argument then - just because I cant name many left backs, does not mean that there arent any out there and we dont need one, because we do.

ok so does that mean my argument is justified??? you could recommend an attacking option but when it comes to left backs we are all stumped???

you could suggest strikers/wingers centre midfielders/ centrebacks??????

ok so does that mean my argument is justified??? you could recommend an attacking option but when it comes to left backs we are all stumped???

you could suggest strikers/wingers centre midfielders/ centrebacks??????

who said i could suggest any of those?? and so what if I could? Its millens job to identify new players and do the homework - not mine.

There aren't many better than McAllister available, and it's a dogfight over who gets them.

We need cover that's for sure, but McAllister is good enough.

What about right back though ? Ribeiro ? Edwards ?

I'm not gonna bite - you are obviously joking.

There aren't many better than McAllister available, and it's a dogfight over who gets them.

We need cover that's for sure, but McAllister is good enough.

What about right back though ? Ribeiro ? Edwards ?

ok i totally agree so until someone tells me who is better shut the **** up and this thread is closed!!!! too many dicks in here thinking they know whats best but cant substantiate their argument, quality left backs are at a premium, we have a decent one so move on, and face reality know one has come up with one name in the last 6 months i have discussed this that would jutify their slagging off of mcallister....

funny that all of them hide behind the fact that they are not scouts etc....ok you may not be a scout but we all have a reasonable knowledge of football so somewhere along the line however many people are on this forum, someone would have suggested a viable replacement

Nope.

You just have a mental block where McAllister is concerned - some have the same problem with Johnson.

Only see the bad bits - if McAllister could cross a running ball and play it to feet every time, he wouldn't be playing for us. He is a decent defender at this level, tough as nails and totally professional. At this stage, that's good enough for me.

Look at Marvin - can't pass a ball over 5 yards, couldn't trap a bag of cement and gets no stick because he runs his heart out and scores a few. He's technically league two, but effectively championship - same as McAllister.

We are where we are.

Cynic.....for this forum you actually seem normal and talk sense

who said i could suggest any of those?? and so what if I could? Its millens job to identify new players and do the homework - not mine.

And as I write he probably is looking at left backs, but, in mine and a lot of other peoples opinions JM is a more than a decent left back.

Mullen has stated more than once that he would like cover in that position.

Incase you haven't noticed, left backs or even good left footed players are scarce.

Nope.

You just have a mental block where McAllister is concerned - some have the same problem with Johnson.

Only see the bad bits - if McAllister could cross a running ball and play it to feet every time, he wouldn't be playing for us. He is a decent defender at this level, tough as nails and totally professional. At this stage, that's good enough for me.

Look at Marvin - can't pass a ball over 5 yards, couldn't trap a bag of cement and gets no stick because he runs his heart out and scores a few. He's technically league two, but effectively championship - same as McAllister.

We are where we are.

What you say sums it up,spot on.

Anyway, most full backs in the football league

are probabaly better than mcallister!!

The fact you state your not involved in football should perhaps make you think that those who are.............. know a lot more about left backs than you do.

Ever thought that the person who picks JM may just fall into that catagory ;)

Archived