IGNORED

Left Back

Right, just to end this rubbish about not being able to name a realistic target at Left Back which would be an improvment on what we've already got, i'll name 10 off the top of my head. 1) Greg Cunningham (Loan, Man City) 2) George McCartney (Loan, Sunderland) 3) Joe Mattock (West Brom) 4) Stephen Jordan (Sheffield United) 5) Steven Smith (Norwich) 6) Jay McEveley (Barnsley) 7) David Edgar (Burnley) 8) Marcus Williams (Reading) Karl Dickinson (Loan, Stoke) Dan Harding (Southampton)

Right, just to end this rubbish about not being able to name a realistic target at Left Back which would be an improvment on what we've already got, i'll name 10 off the top of my head. 1) Greg Cunningham (Loan, Man City) 2) George McCartney (Loan, Sunderland) 3) Joe Mattock (West Brom) 4) Stephen Jordan (Sheffield United) 5) Steven Smith (Norwich) 6) Jay McEveley (Barnsley) 7) David Edgar (Burnley) 8) Marcus Williams (Reading) Karl Dickinson (Loan, Stoke) Dan Harding (Southampton)

Albert would rip all of them a new arsehole.

Albert would rip all of them a new arsehole.

Good job Albert plays for us then isnt it! although i still stand by what i said, all of them would be better than what we already have at the club & are all realistic targets for us for little money! so i dont want to hear all this rubbish about there being no decent left backs for us to sign, theres plenty!

The fact you state your not involved in football should perhaps make you think that those who are.............. know a lot more about left backs than you do.

Ever thought that the person who picks JM may just fall into that catagory ;)

I form my opinion from watching city play - I get to see how poor a player he is week in week out.

I cant really form opinions from players I dont watch.

we all have our opinions and you would'nt be a lesser fan if you admitted that Macca is the weak link ;)

Nope.

You just have a mental block where McAllister is concerned - some have the same problem with Johnson.

Only see the bad bits - if McAllister could cross a running ball and play it to feet every time, he wouldn't be playing for us. He is a decent defender at this level, tough as nails and totally professional. At this stage, that's good enough for me.

Look at Marvin - can't pass a ball over 5 yards, couldn't trap a bag of cement and gets no stick because he runs his heart out and scores a few. He's technically league two, but effectively championship - same as McAllister.

We are where we are.

face facts, you/me/no one else on thsi forum knows of any decent left backs

And as I write he probably is looking at left backs, but, in mine and a lot of other peoples opinions JM is a more than a decent left back.

Mullen has stated more than once that he would like cover in that position.

Incase you haven't noticed, left backs or even good left footed players are scarce.

If you lot really think he's good enough thats fine. I dont and the majority of city fans would probabaly say he's the weak link in the team..... So I'm not on my own

Fanatic Red listed some superior left backs and there are definately more.

But you super fans keep saying that every player is great - you are entitled to your opinion.

Nope.

You just have a mental block where McAllister is concerned - some have the same problem with Johnson.

Only see the bad bits - if McAllister could cross a running ball and play it to feet every time, he wouldn't be playing for us. He is a decent defender at this level, tough as nails and totally professional. At this stage, that's good enough for me.

Look at Marvin - can't pass a ball over 5 yards, couldn't trap a bag of cement and gets no stick because he runs his heart out and scores a few. He's technically league two, but effectively championship - same as McAllister.

We are where we are.

The head of that nail has been absolutely battered...

I'd say Carl Dickinson is probably the only one that stands out as a big improvement, though Marcus Williams has the talent.

Isn't Edgar a midfielder who can play centre back??

Stephen Jordan is awful, same with Mattock. Mattock isn't good enough going forward to be a winger and pretty awful at defending. Steer clear of him I'd say.

I'm confident Millen and co will have a player signed by the start. Who? God knows.

Jack Robinson from Liverpool. 17 years old but already played a few games for them and I watched him mark Walcott with ease on TV a few months back. Just a suggestion but there aren't many top quality left backs around.

He kept Walcott quiet, particularly due to the speed his possesses. Infact he looked quicker than Theo himself at times :o

Looks decent enough, but perhaps not quite ready for a full competitive season just yet.

Like others, I reckon Mattock is worth at least an enquiry, he looks a solid and reliable player. Exactly what we need.

We'll just have to wait and see though. :englandsmile4wf:

You've seriously weakened your argument by calling those who you disagree with "super fans".

Says it all really - if people have a different view, they're wrong and they're to be derided.

Okay if you say so.

One question. What position or player is currently the weakest in your opinion??

I'd say Carl Dickinson is probably the only one that stands out as a big improvement, though Marcus Williams has the talent.

Isn't Edgar a midfielder who can play centre back??

Stephen Jordan is awful, same with Mattock. Mattock isn't good enough going forward to be a winger and pretty awful at defending. Steer clear of him I'd say.

I'm confident Millen and co will have a player signed by the start. Who? God knows.

David Edgar can play right across the back line! which i guess would help out a great deal mid season when injuries start to kick in! I agree with you on Jordan, hes not the greatest left back in the world although IMO hes still better than McAllister! Mattock comes under alot of criticism for his lack of pace, which admittedly isnt great but IMO he makes up for that with his positioning and tough tackling alot like Orr, he also has a decent cross! either way every player at this level has pros and cons, if they didnt they would all be in the premier leauge so in a sense it depends what kind of footballer/defender your looking for one that can sprint up and down the wing but get caught out defensively (Alves, Cole) or 1 that can organize the back four and stay solid with great positional sense (Neville, O'shea).

Archived