IGNORED

Impressive, Seen This?

Dolman Block B

There seems to be a minor gap in the Stadium Timeline Page.

http://www.bristolci...tadium_timeline

It jumps from 26 May 2010 - North Somerset Council grant planning permission for access road - straight to 2013 - New Stadium opens.

Unless everything in between flowed so smoothly it wasn't worth noting down.

Chance would be a fine thing.

The only thing i would like to see while the new stadium is being built. Live web camera's so we can watch it's building progress on a daily bases.

I'm sure we will see one, the company that provided Brighton's are actually a Bristol based company so I expect they've already pitched it to the club! I believe the Brighton one was powered by a fuel cell so didnt require any external power etc. It's still live and showing a rather majestic end product now... http://www.lobstervision.tv/bhafc/

...not sure about the AMEX blue Tarmac thou.

Sure we'd find a solution for the club if Clik got asked to look into it :)

I'm sure we will see one, the company that provided Brighton's are actually a Bristol based company so I expect they've already pitched it to the club! I believe the Brighton one was powered by a fuel cell so didnt require any external power etc. It's still live and showing a rather majestic end product now... http://www.lobstervision.tv/bhafc/

...not sure about the AMEX blue Tarmac thou.

Sure we'd find a solution for the club if Clik got asked to look into it :)

If i remember correctly, Brighton had the webcam up and running from the day the 1st spade went in until the stadium was finished. Then when it was played at super speed you could watch the stadium being built. Class too!!

If i remember correctly, Brighton had the webcam up and running from the day the 1st spade went in until the stadium was finished. Then when it was played at super speed you could watch the stadium being built. Class too!!

Here is the webcam link but of course the stadium is now finished. Bloody impressive though!

http://www.lobstervision.tv/bhafc/#

you dont think the nimbys will wait until the last possible minute to appeal, to delay things as long as possible do you?

I think it would be very much frowned upon if they did. It would show that they were just obstructing the plans for the sake of it. It would certainly count against them in a review.

Its a two tiered stand.

Think they want to get the bottom tier open by Christmas.

They seem to be making pretty good progress.

I will shed some light on this as I can see the custard pot from my house.

The initial plan was to knock down each stand over the next 4 seasons. It won't be ready for the start of the season. Last thing I heard was that they were hoping Easter. Christmas would be a bonus. Next summer, they will move onto another stand.

I will shed some light on this as I can see the custard pot from my house.

The initial plan was to knock down each stand over the next 4 seasons. It won't be ready for the start of the season. Last thing I heard was that they were hoping Easter. Christmas would be a bonus. Next summer, they will move onto another stand.

Yep

The stand being currently redeveloped is behind the goal in this image also showing the rest of the ground redevolped.

http://ow.ly/i/8at0/original

I imagine it's 90 days. They will obviously be taking legal advice to see if they have a case to be able to go to judicial review. A judge would have to decide if they have a good enough case then.

It will cost them big bucks,there's no way they would go down that road if there legal advice wasn't a least 90% that they have a case IMO.

I have a feeling the NIMBYs are planning way ahead........Judicial Review, subsequent appeal WHEN they lose, Court of Human Rights etc, etc, etc.

That is why they have taken so long IMO, they have their barristers working overtime looking for loopholes/any way to delay things/catch us out with another outdated law.

One thing they are not doing, is just giving up.

BCAGFC

you dont think the nimbys will wait until the last possible minute to appeal, to delay things as long as possible do you?

Was told this week that any judge will not look favourably upon any appear which is made after 6 weeks, yes they have 90 days but if they slapped the appeal in just before the deadline most judges would look at it that they are just trying to keep stalling things.

We are now 3 weeks (will be 4 on Thursday next week) into the 6 weeks, so I guess they are weighing up all their options, seeing if they want to put the time and energy into any appeal, and also if they have the finances to do so (and also the finances to pay any damages should they lose)

No news is good news, keep those fingers crossed for now people.

Is it 3 months from the decision made at the meeting or before its put on legal documents and signed off? If its the later then I bet the paperwork is still ongoing... thus the AV lot can't appeal, yet.

I have a feeling the NIMBYs are planning way ahead........Judicial Review, subsequent appeal WHEN they lose, Court of Human Rights etc, etc, etc.

That is why they have taken so long IMO, they have their barristers working overtime looking for loopholes/any way to delay things/catch us out with another outdated law.

One thing they are not doing, is just giving up.

BCAGFC

Even without my blinkers on, I really dont see where/how they have a case for Judicial Review in the first place so I cant see how they could possibly appeal a Judge's decision not to take it to JR. To take it beyond JR or appeal to non-JR would mean that the original decision would have to have been taken in breach of the Human Rights Act or breaches European Community Law

Remember, they were fighting for a Village Green not to stop a development, so the Stadium Development is not the issue and can not be used as part of their arguement. Due planning process has been served and they have ended up with 23 acres of Village Green (and a landscaped one at that).......please, anyone, explain to me how this breaches their human rights or possibly contravene any European Laws?

There has to be a pretty major flaw in the process for a judge to consider a JR. They would have to stand in front of a judge and tell the court why they think the decision made was "unlawful". The judge can just look at the papers of the case and decide there and then whether it "warrants" a JR. Again, they have ended up with 23 areas of Village Green....how does that warrant a JR?

I'm no expert and none of this stops them trying but a litle research and common sense suggets they must be holding on by their fingernails......:fingerscrossed:

Archived