IGNORED

Championship Promotion Odds

myol'man

Brum will piss it.

People are backing Leicester due to the spending.

When was the last time a club bought their way out of this division with a big summer spending spree?

Why do you think that?

Feature on SSN earlier about Johnson's departure showing that almost all their Cup winning team are no longer at the club, and Dann and Ridgewell also likely to go.

Depends who Hughton brings in I suppose, but they don't look particularly strong at the moment.

would have to agree that leicester will be strong, anyone saying they have as much chance as we do next season, so why would maynard want to go there is talking out of their ar$e$ I am afraid.

Don't be afraid Simon!

Yes, Leicester will be strong next season but as mentioned above will one summer sprending spree be enough?? I personally don't think they will gel that quickly. i reckon they will be in the play-off mix (with us) this coming season.

As mentioned a million times before this league is so close and so competetive now. There will always be the favourites and there will almost always be a team that surprises everyone (Saints for me).

Whites.

QPR. Albeit a few seasons of big spending.

That's my point, it took them several years of spending gradually and they got promoted with a reasonably settled squad. Leicester will learn that the hard way it seems.

Why do you think that?

Feature on SSN earlier about Johnson's departure showing that almost all their Cup winning team are no longer at the club, and Dann and Ridgewell also likely to go.

Depends who Hughton brings in I suppose, but they don't look particularly strong at the moment.

Largely intact and settled squad of players many of which are a bit too good for the Championship and an excellent managerial appointment.

It's an incredibly tough league this season, with many teams who will harbour realistic hopes of promotion.

Brum, West Ham, Leicester, Forest, Cardiff, Reading, Leeds and Ipswich will all think they have a strong case for automatic promotion. Then there's a sort of second tier of Hull, Burnley, Portsmouth and Blackpool who will all want to be around the playoffs. That's twelve teams who will think they should be top six - expect a lot of managerial changes. Also, Brighton and Southampton will think they have a right to be there or thereabouts come the end of the season.

At the moment, I think we are somewhere around the Hull/Burnley/Boro tier. I don't think any team will walk this league, as there are too many strong candidates for promotion and think we have as good a chance as any of the "smaller" teams of breaking into the top six. However, I believe that a top half finish would be a great result this season.

At the other end, Peterborough, Coventry, Barnsley, Doncaster and S****horpe will struggle badly and I think one or two of these teams could be cut adrift very early. Watford, us, Millwall, Palace and Derby could go any way!

Largely intact and settled squad of players many of which are a bit too good for the Championship and an excellent managerial appointment.

Not convinced - they've lost the likes of Larsson, Bowyer, Gardner, Phillips and now Johnson and apparently Ridgewell, Zigic, Dann and Jerome are all likely to move on before the new season.

They've signed new players and will no doubt get many more but the above were pretty much the heart of their PL team. I wouldn't call theirs a settled squad by any means and the many new players will take time to gel.

Good manager, agreed, and no doubt he'll assemble a strong Championship team by k.o. but as things stand I wouldn't class them as certainties to do well at all.

What a fantasic league the Champ is. Its where the REAL English football is, none of these 100k per week sulking assholes here.

Was the same last season when the Champ was far far far far more interesting/exciting that the Premiershit.

I'm just happy to be in this league with all these other great teams.

I think we should be aiming to win this league, but happy to take a top 6.

Am I the only one that thinks West ham might struggle in the championship. ?

I think play offs will be best for them and also forest.

I predict Birmingham to win the league and Southampton to be a big force

Kevin Nolan to West Ham was a ridiculously good signing, and Abdoulaye Faye is a good signing also, added to the fact they have Boa Morte, Collison and look set to sign Eidur Gudjonssen, i think they have to be fancied to win the league.

I think Brum will be severely hampered by being in the Europa League. If they win their first two-legged tie, then it's into a league that will see them play another six games on Thursday nights, with the travel involved, before Christmas.

Coupled with already playing and extra eight games in the league this year, the amount of games they're looking at if they progress in the EL is going to be a bit of a culture shock I think, and in my opinion, will be the factor that will see them run out of steam after the new year.

Archived