IGNORED

Robert Stambolziev

mightyreds89

Left despite being one of the most promising youngsters around.

GJ offered him the standard youth contract, despite the fact that he was head and shoulders above the rest of the team and Rob wanted slightly more money and an extra year and wondered how likely he was to get a chance of pushing towards the first team, Johnson wouldn't even consider negoigation and told him no chance of the first team for a good couple of seasons,

So he left after getting a offer from Panathankios for almost triple the money, Johnson was so petty, he didn't even chase a transfer fee for the player, weeks after joining he joined Pana he joined another greek club on a season loan for a 6 figure transfer fee.

GJ offered him the standard youth contract, despite the fact that he was head and shoulders above the rest of the team and Rob wanted slightly more money and an extra year and wondered how likely he was to get a chance of pushing towards the first team, Johnson wouldn't even consider negoigation and told him no chance of the first team for a good couple of seasons,

So he left after getting a offer from Panathankios for almost triple the money, Johnson was so petty, he didn't even chase a transfer fee for the player, weeks after joining he joined Pana he joined another greek club on a season loan for a 6 figure transfer fee.

Well said Donald !

How much wasted money did GJ spend on journeymen in his last year. How many academy players had their careers blocked by GJ

Stan the man would have given us a left wing option. In his second season GJ was asked in a Q&A session with fans, as to his plans for a left winger ? Surprised, GJ said it was not one of his considerations. Eventually he relented and signed McIndoe. It was evident at that time that a left wing did not exist in GJ's mind or plans. Growing up I faced the same situation, what is it with left wing, is it a dead zone ?

I just hope that Wilson stays on the paddock long enough to show his real class. The academy needs a successful graduate. Jamie could well be the real deal.

he shit on his he never had any experance so why did he think he was better then the likes of Wilson Skuse Edwards and all the other players who are offered youth contracts,

burnt his bridges here I hope he doesn't find a club

From what i was told (dont know how true) he left us to be closer to his family who were currently living in Cyprus at the time. I Have no idea where they are living now though.

Stoke fans said he was arrogant and they want him out already!

Well said Donald !

How much wasted money did GJ spend on journeymen in his last year. How many academy players had their careers blocked by GJ

Stan the man would have given us a left wing option. In his second season GJ was asked in a Q&A session with fans, as to his plans for a left winger ? Surprised, GJ said it was not one of his considerations. Eventually he relented and signed McIndoe. It was evident at that time that a left wing did not exist in GJ's mind or plans. Growing up I faced the same situation, what is it with left wing, is it a dead zone ?

I just hope that Wilson stays on the paddock long enough to show his real class. The academy needs a successful graduate. Jamie could well be the real deal.

When I was playing we used to call it the graveyard.....I spent many a long Saturday afternoon staring at the headstones. 10 right footers and me!

From what i was told (dont know how true) he left us to be closer to his family who were currently living in Cyprus at the time. I Have no idea where they are living now though.

Stoke fans said he was arrogant and they want him out already!

As far as I am aware, his family still resides at Whittlesea, just north of Melbourne. (Australia, that is ).

There's nothing wrong with arrogance provided that it can be supported by good performance:- it might even be a prerequisite.

he shit on his he never had any experance so why did he think he was better then the likes of Wilson Skuse Edwards and all the other players who are offered youth contracts,

burnt his bridges here I hope he doesn't find a club

It wasn't that he deserved more, it was that johnson wouldn't even consider it, basically be grateful what's on offer or leave, this DESPITE advice of people within the academy also saying to Johnson that the kid was a bit special.

Johnson refused. The player left and then shortly after Kevin Scott from the academy quit city and got himself a similar job at stoke. Johnson's typical reaction was....oh another job for one of my brothers, which was blocked by Sexstone.

Fair enough we lost out on a player because of GJ's arrogance and lack of interest in youth, however we then also lost out of a transfer/sell-on fee which is also a valuable income.

It wasn't that he deserved more, it was that johnson wouldn't even consider it, basically be grateful what's on offer or leave, this DESPITE advice of people within the academy also saying to Johnson that the kid was a bit special.

Johnson refused. The player left and then shortly after Kevin Scott from the academy quit city and got himself a similar job at stoke. Johnson's typical reaction was....oh another job for one of my brothers, which was blocked by Sexstone.

Fair enough we lost out on a player because of GJ's arrogance and lack of interest in youth, however we then also lost out of a transfer/sell-on fee which is also a valuable income.

Yet another one eyed bit of GJ bashing, but the real question is as with other so called GJ victims, pray tell us tell what the **** he and the so called others have achieved since leaving?, absolutely **** all, so perhaps GJ was correct, they were'nt good enough and that includes ******* Saint ******* Basso. FFS it's not as if according to you this guy and others did'nt have anything to prove having left us.

spot on donaid , if i remember correctly he didnt want a extra year he just wanted more money which i suppose is fair enough as his family were on the other side of the planet and if iam right all the others were localish ,why is this a gj bashing thread ??? its just fact

spot on donaid , if i remember correctly he didnt want a extra year he just wanted more money which i suppose is fair enough as his family were on the other side of the planet and if iam right all the others were localish ,why is this a gj bashing thread ??? its just fact

Yes and now this superstar is hawking himself around begging for trials, apart from a bigger bank account which of course is more important than actually playing the game to most of these egotistic kids.

At least with Basso it was a genuine (if totally misguided) attempt to actually play Premier League football and not just earn the Premier League wages.

and would it appear that in both of the above cases that the professional footballing world has proved that GJ was correct, this young kid has failed to make it on the greener grass and nobody wanted Basso.

Yes and now this superstar is hawking himself around begging for trials, apart from a bigger bank account which of course is more important than actually playing the game to most of these egotistic kids.

At least with Basso it was a genuine (if totally misguided) attempt to actually play Premier League football and not just earn the Premier League wages.

and would it appear that in both of the above cases that the professional footballing world has proved that GJ was correct, this young kid has failed to make it on the greener grass and nobody wanted Basso.

Who signed Basso?

Who signed Basso?

You mean the man who actually gave this strange little Brazilian guy an opportunity, when he had even failed to impress and get a contract at the mighty Weymouth and had never even played a professional game worthy of any note in his life, the wrong end of 30 years of age, the same guy dubbed a clown by virtually everybody on this forum and vilifying GJ for signing him and playing him ahead of the allegedly legendary Steve Phillips. You mean that guy, the guy that threw everything back into the face of the man that gave him his chance, the club and the faces of the fans, ungrateful little..........................

You mean the man who actually gave this strange little Brazilian guy an opportunity, when he had even failed to impress and get a contract at the mighty Weymouth and had never even played a professional game worthy of any note in his life, the wrong end of 30 years of age, the same guy dubbed a clown by virtually everybody on this forum and vilifying GJ for signing him and playing him ahead of the allegedly legendary Steve Phillips. You mean that guy, the guy that threw everything back into the face of the man that gave him his chance, the club and the faces of the fans, ungrateful little..........................

Your view of all things Johnson, allows you to belittle those that disagree "strange little Brazillian guy" is a a very direspectful comment for a player who in countless games that were won by a single goal and who contributed to a succesful period in the clubs history. Yes Johnson was a big success and takes his place rightly in the clubs history but in my view he got some thing very right and others very wrong there was little middle ground.

The way you speak of Johnson as though he is some Brian Clough like fiigure who despite being marmite or an anquired taste has been success eveywhere he has gone. Johnson was extremly succesful in the West Country but to date would seem to be on a downward spirral from the high water mark at Ashton Gate. Many of the players we have struggle to move on have been his signings, the board structure has changed becuase of the waste of funds in the transfer market. Leading to Steve Landsown realvialuating his role at the club so that he can be more challanging how his money is spent.

Back on topic the club then and now and not unlike English football in general is very reluctant to promote young talent. If the talent is not there then the coaching staff should be replaced just like the first team mananger would be. But in this case as in many others a talented prospect was stiffled and went elsewhere, for a club like ours that is not a good thing.

Your view of all things Johnson, allows you to belittle those that disagree "strange little Brazillian guy" is a a very direspectful comment for a player who in countless games that were won by a single goal and who contributed to a succesful period in the clubs history. Yes Johnson was a big success and takes his place rightly in the clubs history but in my view he got some thing very right and others very wrong there was little middle ground.

The way you speak of Johnson as though he is some Brian Clough like fiigure who despite being marmite or an anquired taste has been success eveywhere he has gone. Johnson was extremly succesful in the West Country but to date would seem to be on a downward spirral from the high water mark at Ashton Gate. Many of the players we have struggle to move on have been his signings, the board structure has changed becuase of the waste of funds in the transfer market. Leading to Steve Landsown realvialuating his role at the club so that he can be more challanging how his money is spent.

Back on topic the club then and now and not unlike English football in general is very reluctant to promote young talent. If the talent is not there then the coaching staff should be replaced just like the first team mananger would be. But in this case as in many others a talented prospect was stiffled and went elsewhere, for a club like ours that is not a good thing.

Can I with all the respect I can muster say 'you are talking out of your arse'.

Firstly show me evidence of this statement "The way you speak of Johnson as though he is some Brian Clough" . in fact on a recent thread I actually made comment of GJ's undoubted shortcomings especially over his signing of Trundle.

allows you to belittle those that disagree "strange little Brazillian guy" is a a very direspectful comment for a player who in countless games that were won by a single goal and who contributed to a succesful period in the clubs history. FFS get over yourself and read what I wrote, Basso would almost certainly not even be a professional footballer with all the trappings that come with that had it not been for GJ and certainly would be the case if many forum users had their initial wish and do you honestly believe for instance Basso's antics at the game at Yeovil for were not just a little strange, it is not disrespectful it's true, the only disrespectful aspect of the Basso was his treatment of the club and fans and his ego.

I can't argue with your assumption about young talent, but my comments are actually more directed to the salient points "where are they now and what have they achieved" and nobody seems to want to answer that. Most of these youngsters probably egged on by greedy agents ask for contracts that are far and away above their actual skill levels and when they manage to find mugs to take them on they invariably fail because they ain't good enough and we are well shot of most of them, it would be virtually impossible for you to name a youngster who went on to become a complete success that left because of GJ.

So once and for all, here is my GJ assessment. He was the man needed at the time, the club was a joke when he took over and he nearly got us to the promised land. IMHO the rot started to set in with the signing of Trundle, it was unnecessary, over priced and an act of arrogance by GJ, because he was never going to allow a little club like Swansea to say no to him (whatever happend to Swansea) and then he made matters worse by arrogantly trying to change the formula that had worked so well for Trundle throughout his career. GJ was probably lucky to survive as long as he did and that was down to the confidence SL had in him.

So please feel free to tell me which of these youngsters GJ managed stifle and who have passed onto pastures green and are now going onto bigger and better things or in fact older players.

Wow. A sensible and maturely discussed thread that turns into a swearing and mud-slanting match the most esb gets involved

Yep, it's definitely the new season

Yep, definately the new season, it's all GJ's fault.

An answer would be good though Donnie, which youngster who GJ apparently did'nt use who has moved on has actually made anything of his career and please don't say Ryan Harley because even you agreed shifting him was a good decision at the time.

As for the mud-slinging I am fed up of posters making accusations they cannot back up. I have been accused of many things (some by you) that cannot be substaniated and swearing is one thing, I recall you threatening violence. The trouble is Donnie if anyone disagrees with you, they must be wrong.

For the last time I cannot wait for the season to start, GJ has now been gone for 18 months and KM has told us twice he is building a squad capable of mounting a challenge for automatic promotion, he has had all of the summer to do that, he has had his own fitness preparation and pre-season and I wait with baited breath, oh yes and of course the club have categorically stated they will not sell NM to a championship rival, what is there to be negative about?. My expectations are lower than KM's but he is the manager after all.

and the guy this thread is all about who left because he did'nt get what he wanted, is now reduced to begging for trials, but that must GJ's fault as well.

PS:-You will always be Donnie to me.

Can I with all the respect I can muster say 'you are talking out of your arse'.

Firstly show me evidence of this statement "The way you speak of Johnson as though he is some Brian Clough" . in fact on a recent thread I actually made comment of GJ's undoubted shortcomings especially over his signing of Trundle.

allows you to belittle those that disagree "strange little Brazillian guy" is a a very direspectful comment for a player who in countless games that were won by a single goal and who contributed to a succesful period in the clubs history. FFS get over yourself and read what I wrote, Basso would almost certainly not even be a professional footballer with all the trappings that come with that had it not been for GJ and certainly would be the case if many forum users had their initial wish and do you honestly believe for instance Basso's antics at the game at Yeovil for were not just a little strange, it is not disrespectful it's true, the only disrespectful aspect of the Basso was his treatment of the club and fans and his ego.

I can't argue with your assumption about young talent, but my comments are actually more directed to the salient points "where are they now and what have they achieved" and nobody seems to want to answer that. Most of these youngsters probably egged on by greedy agents ask for contracts that are far and away above their actual skill levels and when they manage to find mugs to take them on they invariably fail because they ain't good enough and we are well shot of most of them, it would be virtually impossible for you to name a youngster who went on to become a complete success that left because of GJ.

So once and for all, here is my GJ assessment. He was the man needed at the time, the club was a joke when he took over and he nearly got us to the promised land. IMHO the rot started to set in with the signing of Trundle, it was unnecessary, over priced and an act of arrogance by GJ, because he was never going to allow a little club like Swansea to say no to him (whatever happend to Swansea) and then he made matters worse by arrogantly trying to change the formula that had worked so well for Trundle throughout his career. GJ was probably lucky to survive as long as he did and that was down to the confidence SL had in him.

So please feel free to tell me which of these youngsters GJ managed stifle and who have passed onto pastures green and are now going onto bigger and better things or in fact older players.

Think someone has been drinking too much or is on their period. drunk2.gifrofl2br.gifrofl2br.gifrofl2br.gif

Agree entirely with your evaluation of Johnson.

Archived