IGNORED

Robert Stambolziev

mightyreds89

Agree entirely with your evaluation of Johnson.

Back on topic the club then and now and not unlike English football in general is very reluctant to promote young talent. If the talent is not there then the coaching staff should be replaced just like the first team mananger would be. But in this case as in many others a talented prospect was stiffled and went elsewhere, for a club like ours that is not a good thing.

So you agree with the above?.

What has all this stifled talent achieved having gone elsewhere?.

Back on topic the club then and now and not unlike English football in general is very reluctant to promote young talent. If the talent is not there then the coaching staff should be replaced just like the first team mananger would be. But in this case as in many others a talented prospect was stiffled and went elsewhere, for a club like ours that is not a good thing.

So you agree with the above?.

What has all this stifled talent achieved having gone elsewhere?.

I didn't comment on that, I said I agreed with his evaluation of Johnson.

Indeed.

Pointless attempting to discuss with these types

In the same way it's pointless talking to you about Johnson? And pointless talking to me about mcindoe.

For the record, I think EMB is right here, maybe GJ's reasoning was wrong regarding youth but as yet not one of his decisions to let players go has been a mistake. Certainly not a provable mistake.

Indeed.

Pointless attempting to discuss with these types

Discussion with you!. As I said before your problem is anyone who disagrees with you is wrong and you hang on to anyone no matter how tenuous their view is to yours.

But not for the first time you have failed to answer a question regarding your original post on this thread, because you never know it might change mine and other peoples view to be the same as yours.

So i'll try once more Please feel free to give the forum a list of youth/academy players, who have had their careers stifled by GJ, that have actually gone on to achieve bigger and better or even parallel things.

Wasnt he the guy we used to have as a youngster who moved to Panathinaikos and was recently on trial with Birmingham. On the official site it says he played for the City X1 last night, so anyone know is he on trial?

http://www.bcfc.co.u...2429386,00.html

My eyes nearly popped out (not really) when I saw the boy's name!

So someone tell me a bit more about him. Can he do a job around the first team and where? (I saw someone say he was a winger anything else...Rfooter/Lfooter can he play at FB or 'play maker'?)

My eyes nearly popped out (not really) when I saw the boy's name!

So someone tell me a bit more about him. Can he do a job around the first team and where? (I saw someone say he was a winger anything else...Rfooter/Lfooter can he play at FB or 'play maker'?)

Have a look at this mate >>>>

What is the club playing at? The last thing we need is another attacking player who only two years ago thought he was too good for us and tried to cash in on a free move abroad.

Far more important is to use any money that is spare to offer Fontaine an improved contract. He is our most dependable defender.

So if we never showed any interest in him and he went to say . . . Peterborough, had a stormer of a season and got sold for 1m plus that would be better? I'm not saying thats definately going to happen but its only a trial and if he were to sign hed be on a free and i imagine a short term contract so its very low risk. It's in the clubs interests to look at any potential players that may improve the squad OR provide sell-on profit, something the club havent done in a long time. And it can happen, look at danny graham for example, went to watford on a free and 3 years later sold for 3.5 million.

At the end of the day atm he is only on trial, so nothing to get too worked up about yet, i for one hope he does sign and is quality for us, wouldn't that be better than letting another oen slip through the net?

So if we never showed any interest in him and he went to say . . . Peterborough, had a stormer of a season and got sold for 1m plus that would be better? I'm not saying thats definately going to happen but its only a trial and if he were to sign hed be on a free and i imagine a short term contract so its very low risk. It's in the clubs interests to look at any potential players that may improve the squad OR provide sell-on profit, something the club havent done in a long time. And it can happen, look at danny graham for example, went to watford on a free and 3 years later sold for 3.5 million.

At the end of the day atm he is only on trial, so nothing to get too worked up about yet, i for one hope he does sign and is quality for us, wouldn't that be better than letting another oen slip through the net?

why not sign every youngster in the world then? or...how about we develop the players we have hear already? Bolasie and Woolford need to be looked after and developed. On top of this, our squad is to big as it is and needs trimming back. We need to be bringing in players that are only better then what we have now.

Could be a decent player yeah....but so could Bolasie....

I appreciate you say its low risk, but we have already bought in two development players this summer, lets put any money we have towards players who can make a difference NOW

why not sign every youngster in the world then? or...how about we develop the players we have hear already? Bolasie and Woolford need to be looked after and developed. On top of this, our squad is to big as it is and needs trimming back. We need to be bringing in players that are only better then what we have now.

Could be a decent player yeah....but so could Bolasie....

I appreciate you say its low risk, but we have already bought in two development players this summer, lets put any money we have towards players who can make a difference NOW

I agree with what you say, but ideally we need to find a balance between our own academy youngsters and players brought in from the free transfer method. If a player is interested in joining us, and he would be a positive addition to the squad then why shouldn't we sign him regardless of position or history? It's all well and good trimming the squad but we do need to make additions aswell, trimming the squad doesn't just meaning getting rid of players, it means getting rid of players that have nothing to offer anymore. I believe that the clubs policy is to take on players that represent a good deal for the club when they become available, wasn't this the reason we signed bolasie in the first place? not neccessarily someone we were going to go all out to sign but at the price too good to refuse? If we wait till we have trimmed all the excess players, there is no garuntee that any players will be available at that time to improve the squad, so it makes sense to pick up players now with the future in mind.

And for the record ive a good feeling about him, it can't have been easy for him to come back here bearing in mind the way he left before, in this kind of circumstance its not uncommon for players to give that extra 10% not only on the pitch but also in training and on their own development, as he will (should) feel he has a point to prove.

I agree with what you say, but ideally we need to find a balance between our own academy youngsters and players brought in from the free transfer method. If a player is interested in joining us, and he would be a positive addition to the squad then why shouldn't we sign him regardless of position or history? It's all well and good trimming the squad but we do need to make additions aswell, trimming the squad doesn't just meaning getting rid of players, it means getting rid of players that have nothing to offer anymore. I believe that the clubs policy is to take on players that represent a good deal for the club when they become available, wasn't this the reason we signed bolasie in the first place? not neccessarily someone we were going to go all out to sign but at the price too good to refuse? If we wait till we have trimmed all the excess players, there is no garuntee that any players will be available at that time to improve the squad, so it makes sense to pick up players now with the future in mind.

And for the record ive a good feeling about him, it can't have been easy for him to come back here bearing in mind the way he left before, in this kind of circumstance its not uncommon for players to give that extra 10% not only on the pitch but also in training and on their own development, as he will (should) feel he has a point to prove.

Exactly! Exactly!!

Colin SL and the board must be aware by now that we are simply going to have to suck it up when it comes to players we cant move on. I know this is not a good situation for the club the players or supporters but is often the result of multiple managers over a small period...I'm just glad its SL doing the sucking (no pun intended) rather than me!

From what I saw of RS he could certainly play the attacking midfield/ deep lying centre forward role. He was supposed to be a cocky so and so but the fact that he is swallowing a bit of pride in coming back here must say something about his current attitude.

Archived