IGNORED

Danny Ings

Greedo

A mate of mine who is a Bournemouth fan has told me that the word down their place is that we're sniffing around their forward Danny Ings.

Can't say I know too much about him other than he's young (19) and has a fairly decent strike rate for a young guy, albeit at a lower level.

This same guy told me we were after Pittman and I have no reason to think he's lying.

It may not materialise but I just thought I'd share it with you guys on here.

:englandsmile4wf:

If we're looking at him it'll be for the "development squad". Won't stop moaners moaning though.

You call it moaning - I call it discussing.

I like the idea of the development squad - but these development players should surely be nearer the first team??

For example - have around 13 - 16 first team players and then the development squad?? so they are genuine fringe players and with a real chance of first team football?

But the way its panning out is the were going to have a squad of more than 22 (way more infact) then a load of youngsters?? if so, I struggle to see how they will ever break in the team.

Not to mention how costly it will be - for a club trying to cut-back??

I like the idea of the development squad - but these development players should surely be nearer the first team??

For example - have around 13 - 16 first team players and then the development squad?? so they are genuine fringe players and with a real chance of first team football?

But the way its panning out is the were going to have a squad of more than 22 (way more infact) then a load of youngsters?? if so, I struggle to see how they will ever break in the team.

Well the important, and difficult, part is trimming down the first team squad.

If the squad loses (for example) Hunt, Johnson and Clarkson and they are replaced with 3 youngsters in the development squad then money will be saved and the first team squad won't be massively weaker than it is currently.

These things can happen in any order and over any timeframe. It might not be possible to get rid of the first teamers this season, but that doesn't prevent the youngsters being signed, so long as the long term plan is to reduce the wage bill. Arguably it's beneficial as the development players will get a season or so to become "ready" for the first team (this must surely be the plan.)

Why on earth did you think I was talking about you?

More like half a dozen youngsters, and they'll break through when they're good enough. All it takes is one injury and they'd be in line for a bench spot, from there they can impress.

Then next year some will be in the 22, some will be let go.

Yeah, cos youngsters are really expensive. You've demonstrated you don't understand how budgeting and financial planning works more than once, I'd leave it alone if I were you.

A structured approach to introducing youth into the side is a truly massive step forward compared with the haphazard way it's been done in the past. It's great to see we have a manager capable of thinking strategically, not just reacting to the last result like some of his predecessors.

Why on earth did you think I was talking about you?

More like half a dozen youngsters, and they'll break through when they're good enough. All it takes is one injury and they'd be in line for a bench spot, from there they can impress.

Then next year some will be in the 22, some will be let go.

Yeah, cos youngsters are really expensive. You've demonstrated you don't understand how budgeting and financial planning works more than once, I'd leave it alone if I were you.

A structured approach to introducing youth into the side is a truly massive step forward compared with the haphazard way it's been done in the past. It's great to see we have a manager capable of thinking strategically, not just reacting to the last result like some of his predecessors.

sadly some fans want to put the roof on the house before they lay any foundations.

and now I sound like bristolcitysweden.

Yeah, cos youngsters are really expensive. You've demonstrated you don't understand how budgeting and financial planning works more than once, I'd leave it alone if I were you

How did I just pass those budgeting and financial papers I just took??? :winner_third_h4h:

Seriously though, of course youngsters on there own arent expensive - but with a dozen youngsters that are in addition to a first team squads wage bill, it can add up to quite a hefty wage bill.

It was something that needed to be addressed - I thought millens plans sounded very promising. But words are words.

I thought the point of the development squad was to have these youngsters as fringe players - at the moment that does not appear to be the case - they appear to be in addition to the first team squad.

Even with the development squad, 7 strikers is too many.

Even with the development squad, 7 strikers is too many.

Maybe but you don't pass up on good young talent just because you haven't shifted Clarkson yet. After all, his contract's up at the end of the season. I wouldn't count Jackson either as he's unlikely to make it and we may yet lose Maynard.

This whole thing may of course be an unfounded rumour.

In any case, SL will understand signing some players now because they're good and available (and won't be later) who will effectively replace others as and when we can move them on or their contract ends.

That's useful because it means we don't make panic signings later and void picking up Nicky Hunts. He's not an idiot, he won't expect us to shed all the garbage in one summer and will be happy as long as he can see efforts being made and sensible signings being made.

It's crystal clear that you have a real problem with everything Keith Millen does, why don't you just stick your view on him in your signature instead of turning every thread into a manager bashing whinge fest? At least then those who are bored of it can turn sigs off.

if this is true surely it means we are starting to look for possible replacements for a certain mr maynard? hope not but I can't see that we would be looking for a forward to replace clarkson if he left, because if maynard stays we have 4 forwards and jackson in reserve. to sell clarkson and bring another in wouldn't make sense when they keep going on about cutting the current squad

if this is true surely it means we are starting to look for possible replacements for a certain mr maynard? hope not but I can't see that we would be looking for a forward to replace clarkson if he left, because if maynard stays we have 4 forwards and jackson in reserve. to sell clarkson and bring another in wouldn't make sense when they keep going on about cutting the current squad

I doubt Ings would be Maynards replacement!

Archived