IGNORED

Blue Gk Kit

Lack of Action Man

As was our kit for the biggest game in our history. Really....it's a goalkeepers kit? Isn't getting upset about the colour a little OTT?

Yes only due to the FA telling both teams to change strips if you mean 1909.

Both teams usually wore red shirts, so, prior to the final, the FA issued them with orders to change their kit for the match.

Manchester United's players sported white shirts with a red V-stripe and a red rose of Lancashire on the left breast, while Bristol City chose to wear blue shirts. United made an event of the presentation of their new kits, hiring contemporary music hall star George robey to present the uniforms to the players.

So Upset? no, OTT not really, just pointing out i don't like blue on any Bristol city kit as the OP asked for thoughts and as i said nice kit for any team apart from Bristol city, Blue is just not for me.

Guess we'll all have to remove our blue denim jeans when we walk into Ashton Gate next season.

Could be embarassing if it's a cold day !!!

Blue Jeans do not bear the name Bristol city or the club badge and have no representation of the club so no problem there.

Tough !

City are wearing blue, have worn blue and wore blue before the Gash ever did !!!

Are you sure?

Bristol City

Formed as Bristol South End in 1894. Changed name to Bristol City in 1897.

Merged with Bedminster in 1900.

1894-1897 Bristol South End wore red shirts and blue shorts untill the club was formed

as Bristol city in 1897, so (club formed as on the badge) 1897-1898 city wore red and white

and then on to the present day (changing various) the home kit was red and white, all red

and red with black shorts and socks, and some times white socks.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Bristol_City/Bristol_City.htm

The gas...Black Arabs 1883 wore black orange stripe

Eastville Rovers 1884 wore white shirts black shorts and then 1895-1896 Described only as green and buff

and in 1897-1898 as Eastville Rovers wore a kit that looks like readings, so then they were Bristol Rovers

in 1898 and again a reading style kit 1898-1900 and from 1900 to 1914 they played in a newcastle united style

strip. Blue and white quaters did not appear untill 1931

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Bristol_Rovers/Bristol_Rovers.htm

So i would say Bristol city at ashton gate was not fully untill 1900 when the two clubs merged so in 1898

i would give the gas the blue first as by then Bristol city 2 merged clubs started in red and white..

Are you sure?

Bristol City

Formed as Bristol South End in 1894. Changed name to Bristol City in 1897.

Merged with Bedminster in 1900.

1894-1897 Bristol South End wore red shirts and blue shorts untill the club was formed

as Bristol city in 1897, so (club formed as on the badge) 1897-1898 city wore red and white

and then on to the present day (changing various) the home kit was red and white, all red

and red with black shorts and socks, and some times white socks.

http://www.historica...ristol_City.htm

The gas...Black Arabs 1883 wore black orange stripe

Eastville Rovers 1884 wore white shirts black shorts and then 1895-1896 Described only as green and buff

and in 1897-1898 as Eastville Rovers wore a kit that looks like readings, so then they were Bristol Rovers

in 1898 and again a reading style kit 1898-1900 and from 1900 to 1914 they played in a newcastle united style

strip. Blue and white quaters did not appear untill 1931

http://www.historica...stol_Rovers.htm

So i would say Bristol city at ashton gate was not fully untill 1900 when the two clubs merged so in 1898

i would give the gas the blue first as by then Bristol city 2 merged clubs started in red and white..

I like your thinking - think we should ban white from our kit !!

Having a blue gk shirt is not on. You would never find Man Utd wearing blue in a European Cup final or Man City wearing red in a European Cup Winners Cup Final.

Comparing us to Man Utd, no problem. Comparing the Gash to Man City, now you're 'aving a giraffe.

Chelsea had red on their kit last year.

That's the russian flag influence and their owner really wanting them to be called chelski :shifty:

Seriously having red in chelsea's kit does not show the fact a fair few of their fans wanted or like it or even if they were asked.

When these ideas hit the drawing board maybe the club should involve fans (who have to buy the kits) in how the designs should look? it could be a great thing for the community trust/club or supporters trust to ask the community to get involved in say a competition to design the in coming seasons kit ''the best one wins a season ticket'' vote on bcfc.co.uk (like the badge/shirt vote a few seasons back) it would make the club look more of a community, family based club rather than a marketing machine with the thoughts of ''it's only a badge'' ''it's only a kit'....More fan based involvement needed.

But i would be interested in how many people doing the designs would pick up a blue or say pink felt tip pen.

Archived