IGNORED

Jack White Rip

everreddy

Jack White: a great player, from the '50s - and a contemporary of another City great, John Atyeo. I can remember him, from my early days of following City.

City website obituary describes him, as follows:

"Despite being only five-foot, eight inches tall, Jack was dynamic in the air, even under severe pressure, and was a catalyst for team-mates, driving them on".

How we need a leader like Jack, now!

Condolences to family and friends - shall we see his brand of loyalty and commitment again, I wonder? I suspect not!

Hiya City fans

We found out the another day that we lost a old City player in Jack White.

He was the last City player to captain a championship side the Div 3

south team of 1954/55.

It would be a nice tribute if they could do something for him at the

Ipswich game,what do you all think City fans?

I should hope city hold a minutes silence/applause at either the WBA or ipswich game.

Knock this back up

Hopefully for the Ipswich game.

Give the guy a good send off and let his family know how well respected he was, even though the great majority of us have never seen him Play. May father used to go on about Jack White and Mike Thresher in the same Breath as Ateyo. Shows how highly regarded these guys were in the History of our Great club

Just looked up one of the City history books.

In the 52-53 season Dennis Roberts was out for 8 weeks with a leg injury and City were desperate for a defender. They signed Jack White a former miner from Doncaster who had played for Aldershot for 8 years. He cost £5,300 and made his debut the following day. a 4-0 win over Gillingham. He made 225 appearances in the next six years, captained the side and played at right back and all three half back positions. (Someone might need to explain that final bit to younger members who don't know the 2-3-5 formation).

Jack left when Peter Doherty had a clear out. Having been appointed Manager, he decided 44 professionals were too many so got rid of Jack Bailey, Alec Eisentrager, Sid Morgan, Cyril Williams, Terry Compton and Jack White in a just a few weeks of the Summer break.

Jack's funeral

The funeral is on Friday 29 July, 2pm at Tonbridge Wells Crematorium.

Unfortunately no-one from BCFC will be able to attend.

I am hoping that some supporters, especially those living in the Tonbridge Wells area, will be to go to represent Bristol City supporters and in particular BCFC and Bristol City Supporters Club & Trust.

If anyone is intending to go please let me know at mike@bristolcityst.org.uk

Minute's applause

BCFC have put in a request to the Football League for a minute's applause before the Ipswich game.

Jack's funeral

The funeral is on Friday 29 July, 2pm at Tonbridge Wells Crematorium.

Unfortunately no-one from BCFC will be able to attend.

I am hoping that some supporters, especially those living in the Tonbridge Wells area, will be to go to represent Bristol City supporters and in particular BCFC and Bristol City Supporters Club & Trust.

If anyone is intending to go please let me know at mike@bristolcityst.org.uk

Minute's applause

BCFC have put in a request to the Football League for a minute's applause before the Ipswich game.

Why do they have to get permission, our game, our ground, our player!

Archived