IGNORED

Tonights Match

westonred

I've not seen many saying we are certain to go down. I certainly haven't. Likely to struggle would be a fair suggestion based on what we know about the current defence. Thing is, I doubt very much we will line up against Ipswich with what is currently our favoured back 4. Keef will bring someone in. It's looking more and more like a loan

I've seen plenty, and despite the previous joke, the post wasn't aimed at you.

I also appreciate that improvements will be made, they are inevitable and that is a good thing. Just with the recent over-reaction to pre-season results I felt my post (Though sarcastic and intended in a light hearted way) justified.

Can anyone who was there last night give us an impression of how JCR did in central midfield? From what i can gather he played 30 minutes of the second half in a central 2. I know some people have been calling for him to be given a shot there for a while, but i personally think that'd be a disaster. So how did he get on?

Can anyone who was there last night give us an impression of how JCR did in central midfield? From what i can gather he played 30 minutes of the second half in a central 2. I know some people have been calling for him to be given a shot there for a while, but i personally think that'd be a disaster. So how did he get on?

While he did little wrong the team suffered IMO once JCR went into the middle. Skuse and Marv had good 1st halves and while JCR keeps the ball well he didn't really create much from the middle. Much more effective out wide in the 1st which also allowed Elliott to get forward, that combination brought us the 2nd goal of course.

All in all it was a decent run out for JCR and he did well lasting the 76? Minutes but not sure the team is as strong defensively with him in a two in midfield.

Last night was the first game i've been to and i was very disappointed.

Not so much in our performance going forward, as i think we are all aware that we have 4 or 5 good Championship, or higher, standard players, but just our woeful ability to defend and the fact that it's been a problem for well over a year now. While we looked alright at times when we had Caulker, he was always just a loanee. Our actual defenders are pretty poor and it doesn't fill me with the optimism that the way to solve this problem is to look for more loanees.

It's pretty much the same as last year really. Same great attacking threat, same sh!te at the back.

Good knows what's going to happen next year. Hopefully most of the better teams will be to 'clever' to attempt the slow direct ball up the middle, which seems to confuse our back four, time and time again.

One final thing, i know their different players, but i think John Stead is just as good and as important to us as Nicky Maynard. Another great performance last night.

Archived