IGNORED

Tonights Match

westonred

They've put under a lot of pressure second half which we've defended well. Jamo's saved well once and had to come well out of the box to clear on another occasion.

We've played on the break creating 2 good chances each For Maynard and Stead. Only 2 subs used so a full 90 mins for most.

1-2 FT. Good competitive workout

for Maynard

We've played on the break creating

we won a pre-season game?

Surely by the same rules that losing them meant we were going to surely be relegated this means we will be promoted? Or does that over-reaction sound too far-fetched for those posters with the clear agenda?

What on earth will people moan about now that we have been able to field a near full strength eleven in a friendly and won convincingly and according to reports, defended well as a unit in the second half?

A quiet night on OTIB beckons as the old men take their inner anger out on their wives (or Civil Partners, as we're not a bigoted moron like Red Knowle) instead of this football forum!:tumbleweed::surrender:

Surely by the same rules that losing them meant we were going to surely be relegated this means we will be promoted? Or does that over-reaction sound too far-fetched for those posters with the clear agenda?

What on earth will people moan about now that we have been able to field a near full strength eleven in a friendly and won convincingly and according to reports, defended well as a unit in the second half?

A quiet night on OTIB beckons as the old men take their inner anger out on their wives (or Civil Partners, as we're not a bigoted moron like Red Knowle) instead of this football forum!:tumbleweed::surrender:

Were you there? Neither was I.

So, you're saying we don't need these defenders anymore then? I'll let Keef know. Cheers

Were you there? Neither was I.

So, you're saying we don't need these defenders anymore then? I'll let Keef know. Cheers

Ah, exhibit A.

I don't think I mentioned not needing some new defenders. I certainly don't see what the difference is in basing my assessment of us having an alright defence on a pre-season fixture to those who based theirs on our conceding of goals in games where the team has been mismatched.

I just think that if us conceding a couple of goals is some sort of vindication for over the top negativity then reports of our strongest available team defending well in a convincing win is equally a vindication of others thinking our defence is not as bad as people make out and talk of an imminent relegation scrap without new recruits is nothing short of hyperbole. Obviously the aspiration from the manager is to improve and with that comes the need to players to further tighten the defence, but to suggest on the back of two defeats at the very beginning of our pre-season campaign with nowhere near a fully fit full strength side in any of those games that we are heading for a dire season is mental.

Ah, exhibit A.

I don't think I mentioned not needing some new defenders. I certainly don't see what the difference is in basing my assessment of us having an alright defence on a pre-season fixture to those who based theirs on our conceding of goals in games where the team has been mismatched.

I just think that if us conceding a couple of goals is some sort of vindication for over the top negativity then reports of our strongest available team defending well in a convincing win is equally a vindication of others thinking our defence is not as bad as people make out and talk of an imminent relegation scrap without new recruits is nothing short of hyperbole. Obviously the aspiration from the manager is to improve and with that comes the need to players to further tighten the defence, but to suggest on the back of two defeats at the very beginning of our pre-season campaign with nowhere near a fully fit full strength side in any of those games that we are heading for a dire season is mental.

My eyes glazed over most of that, but I think the gist of it is that you were initally just making a flippant, sarcastic comment? Figures.

Whilst it has been pointed out several (hundred) times already, I'll do it again for you: We have a tried and tested back four that failed last season and relied on Caulker and, to a lesser extent, Spence to keep our heads above water. The point is we're not heading into this season with an unknown quantity, so people have relevant points about the defence despite your sneering. Even the manager admits it.

Fortunately we still have a couple of weeks left. A decent LB and CB and all of a sudden we go from looking goal fodder to the sort of team that could well excite us this season.

My eyes glazed over most of that, but I think the gist of it is that you were initally just making a flippant, sarcastic comment? Figures.

Whilst it has been pointed out several (hundred) times already, I'll do it again for you: We have a tried and tested back four that failed last season and relied on Caulker and, to a lesser extent, Spence to keep our heads above water. The point is we're not heading into this season with an unknown quantity, so people have relevant points about the defence despite your sneering. Even the manager admits it.

Fortunately we still have a couple of weeks left. A decent LB and CB and all of a sudden we go from looking goal fodder to the sort of team that could well excite us this season.

What can I say, you were my inspiration, Matty.

As I said, I acknowledge the need for improvement. I acknowledge that defensively we are weaker than any other position. But to suggest we are so bad in defence that we are certain to go down without reinforcements is IN MY OPINION wrong. To progress we must improve at the back, but to not do so is not as catastrophic as the over-reaction brigade would have us believe.

What can I say, you were my inspiration, Matty.

As I said, I acknowledge the need for improvement. I acknowledge that defensively we are weaker than any other position. But to suggest we are so bad in defence that we are certain to go down without reinforcements is IN MY OPINION wrong. To progress we must improve at the back, but to not do so is not as catastrophic as the over-reaction brigade would have us believe.

I've not seen many saying we are certain to go down. I certainly haven't. Likely to struggle would be a fair suggestion based on what we know about the current defence. Thing is, I doubt very much we will line up against Ipswich with what is currently our favoured back 4. Keef will bring someone in. It's looking more and more like a loan

Archived