IGNORED

Cardiff Away

Taunton_City

F..k the bubble. I'm amazed there was 600 odd fans there last season. Just goes to show that some will take any shit you throw at them. It's not about being a better supporter for going, you're being a better supporter for not going.

I'm sure this will go down like a lead balloon by all these 'die hard fans' that aren't going to go to one of City's biggest games of the season but are you honestly saying that Bristol City's best fans are those that don't go to watch us face one of our (if not THE) biggest rivals? That is possibly the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. That'll be our selling point at Ashton Gate next season - Be a die hard fan, don't come to watch us! Give me strength. Surely if you're passionate about the club, you'll go to see us play Cardiff despite a bit of hassle? It's going to make no difference if we only take 500 so why not take as many as possible and stick it to those sheep sh4ggers. And isn't the point of them making you get the coach/car to ensure people don't get hammered all day and cause trouble - just an idea. But hey ho - come one everyone, make Bristol City proud, urge on your team from the comfort of your arm chair. I'm sure that'll buoy the players up in a massive game. Jesus Christ.

Cue onslaught.

F..k the bubble. I'm amazed there was 600 odd fans there last season. Just goes to show that some will take any shit you throw at them. It's not about being a better supporter for going, you're being a better supporter for not going.

I'm sure this will go down like a lead balloon with all these 'die hard fans' that aren't going to go to one of City's biggest games of the season, but are you honestly saying that Bristol City's best fans are those that don't go to watch us face one of our (if not THE) biggest rivals? That is possibly the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. That'll be our selling point at Ashton Gate next season - Be a die hard fan, don't come to watch us! Give me strength. Surely if you're passionate about the club, you'll go to see us play Cardiff despite a bit of hassle? It's going to make no difference if we only take 500 so why not take as many as possible and stick it to those sheep sh4ggers. And isn't the point of them making you get the coach/car to ensure people don't get hammered all day and cause trouble - just an idea. But hey ho - come on everyone, make Bristol City proud, urge on your team from the comfort of your arm chair. I'm sure that'll buoy the players up in a massive game. Jesus Christ.

Cue onslaught.

I'm sure this will go down like a lead balloon by all these 'die hard fans' that aren't going to go to one of City's biggest games of the season but are you honestly saying that Bristol City's best fans are those that don't go to watch us face one of our (if not THE) biggest rivals? That is possibly the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. That'll be our selling point at Ashton Gate next season - Be a die hard fan, don't come to watch us! Give me strength. Surely if you're passionate about the club, you'll go to see us play Cardiff despite a bit of hassle? It's going to make no difference if we only take 500 so why not take as many as possible and stick it to those sheep sh4ggers. And isn't the point of them making you get the coach/car to ensure people don't get hammered all day and cause trouble - just an idea. But hey ho - come one everyone, make Bristol City proud, urge on your team from the comfort of your arm chair. I'm sure that'll buoy the players up in a massive game. Jesus Christ.

Cue onslaught.

Sorry mate but it's got sweet **** all to do with the opposition, this is about the continued oppression of travelling football fans up and down the country. Are the same restrictions on cricket fans? Being one I cam assure you they drink more than the football lot...

Sacrficing going to Cardiff is worth it it long term if it helps get these pointless restrictions lifted. I for one won't be going, and I hope these restrictions stop the majority so the club see we aren't push overs. It would be nice to hear some strong rhetoric coming from the ST on this issue for sure.

I agree with ben4bcfc .

Are the arrangements ideal? No of course they are not! But are they so severe we should all be talking about boycotts and dead fixture.

Cardiff will be under the same restriction and no doubt they will sell out their allocation. Not going will not make a jot of difference to the Hedlu it wil just get all the welsh boys sniggering at us again for taking so few.

If we want to be seen as a big club time for few to get over themselfs and get over the bridge to support the lads.

I'll be there.

I agree with ben4bcfc .

Are the arrangements ideal? No of course they are not! But are they so severe we should all be talking about boycotts and dead fixture.

Cardiff will be under the same restriction and no doubt they will sell out their allocation. Not going will not make a jot of difference to the Hedlu it wil just get all the welsh boys sniggering at us again for taking so few.

If we want to be seen as a big club time for few to get over themselfs and get over the bridge to support the lads.

I'll be there.

I do get where your coming from, but lets look at it this way. City take 2,000 to Cardiff on this "revised bubble" (I refuse to say the bubble has been lifted, it hasnt), there is no trouble....the police pat themselves on the back for a "genius idea".

Then what happens if there is trouble with City v West Ham or we have a bit of trouble with another club....."ooooh I know a good idea, in future we could try to work this fixture the same way as the way we work the Cardiff fixture.....that works"

or

Other police forces around the country may look at a problem fixture and start trying to implement it at other games, games which have nowt to do with us, but still affects the average football fan.

Personally, I feel the long term benefits of boycotting this game out wieghts the short term benefits of going along to support the lads. I would love to know what lengths the club has gone to, to try to completely banish this stupid bubble idea.

Its really disappointing

I'm sure this will go down like a lead balloon with all these 'die hard fans' that aren't going to go to one of City's biggest games of the season, but are you honestly saying that Bristol City's best fans are those that don't go to watch us face one of our (if not THE)

biggest rivals? That is possibly the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. That'll be our selling point at Ashton Gate next season - Be a die hard fan, don't come to watch us! Give me strength. Surely if you're passionate about the club, you'll go to see us play Cardiff despite a bit of hassle? It's going to make no difference if we only take 500 so why not take as many as possible and stick it to those

sheep sh4ggers. And isn't the point of them making you get the coach/car to ensure people don't get hammered all day and cause trouble - just an idea. But hey ho - come on everyone, make Bristol City proud, urge on your team from the comfort of your arm chair.

I'm sure that'll buoy the players up in a massive game. Jesus Christ.

Cue onslaught.

It's Nothing to do with being a die hard fan which frankly is a bullshit term anyway, 6 of us would have gone to this match had we been able to either get the train or just drive ourselves giving us enough time for s good few pints before the match, we can't do what we enjoy doing so we ain't going, fairly simple really,

I'm sure this will go down like a lead balloon by all these 'die hard fans' that aren't going to go to one of City's biggest games of the season

It is no longer a big game hence the lack of support.

I agree with ben4bcfc .

I'll be there.

The fixture should be an event, it has dropped off the radar, away support has collapsed, no buzz around it, dead. My income is limited so I spend it at away games where I will enjoy the day.

Are the restrictions going to reduce the enjoyment of the day and waste my money? Yes.

Are the restrictions going to reduce the enjoyment of the day by drastically reducing away support? Yes.

Will I attend? No.

It is no longer a big game hence the lack of support.

The fixture should be an event, it has dropped off the radar, away support has collapsed, no buzz around it, dead. My income is limited so I spend it at away games where I will enjoy the day.

Are the restrictions going to reduce the enjoyment of the day and waste my money? Yes.

Are the restrictions going to reduce the enjoyment of the day by drastically reducing away support? Yes.

Will I attend? No.

funnily enough, I was just about to log on and post something similar.

My own personal circumstance means that next season, my away days will be picked on the basis being , it will be the days I enjoy most and get the most out of. Maybe train it, few beers on the train, few in the pub.....a day out.

Cardiff away, £15 on petrol?, £27 on ticket? £5 bridge toll? £0 on beer .......rather save my money and do Donny away, or wait a month and do Leeds

I do get where your coming from, but lets look at it this way. City take 2,000 to Cardiff on this "revised bubble" (I refuse to say the bubble has been lifted, it hasnt), there is no trouble....the police pat themselves on the back for a "genius idea".

OR, City make the point that we had 2k fans at Cardiff with no trouble and pressure the OB into relaxing the bubble further. The reason they relaxed it to this level is because of the lack of trouble on our part, so it stands to reason.

Its odd that we are so divided about this, personally I would never travel via any bubble system and judging by our away attendances at this fixture previously most others dont too, why is it then that cardiff always travel en masse under the same circumstances?

cardiff bring 1000 - 1500 ??? thats not that high.

OR, City make the point that we had 2k fans at Cardiff with no trouble and pressure the OB into relaxing the bubble further. The reason they relaxed it to this level is because of the lack of trouble on our part, so it stands to reason.

Do you really think the police will look at it like this though?? or will they take credit for doing a "good job" and having a "good idea".

Thats more likely I would say

Exactly, for me Cardiff away in 2001 was what away days are all about! Now before anyone has a pop I'm no football hooligan but love away days like 2001, sadly they are few and far between. I remember arriving at Cardiff central that day, on edge buzzing cos you had to watch your every move. Drinking in the great western pub just up from station! City/England songs blearing out!! Then the march to the ground Cardiff fans to the left and right wanting a pop! But old bill kept them back (see they can do their job) then in the ground one of the best atmospheres I've experienced! And fair play to the Cardiff fans, so close to the left and right of us. Up there with Russia away with England! Cardiff go 1 up and again fair play they place was going mental!!!! Then q sir Scott Murray!!! Pandemonium in the away end!!!! Happy days, but sadly rare days now...

Its odd that we are so divided about this, personally I would never travel via any bubble system and judging by our away attendances at this fixture previously most others dont too, why is it then that cardiff always travel en masse under the same circumstances?

Cardiff away 600+ and Swansea 200+ indicates that the majority of regular away support think games with these restrictions are not worth doing.

Cardiff fans are less sure. Some go, some won't, some wait and see.

Exactly, for me Cardiff away in 2001 was what away days are all about! Now before anyone has a pop I'm no football hooligan but love away days like 2001, sadly they are few and far between. I remember arriving at Cardiff central that day, on edge buzzing cos you had to watch your every move. Drinking

in the great western pub just up from station! City/England songs blearing out!! Then the march to the ground Cardiff fans to the left and right wanting a pop! But old bill kept them back (see they can do their job) then in the ground one of the best atmospheres I've experienced! And fair play to the Cardiff fans, so close to the left and right of us. Up there with Russia away with England! Cardiff go 1 up and again fair play they place was going mental!!!! Then q sir Scott Murray!!! Pandemonium in the away end!!!! Happy days, but sadly rare days now...

1000% spot on, that away day was the best I've ever been on, everything exactly as you described it!!

On my phone so CBA to try and quote. To Jordan Tansley, just out of interest, when was the last time you heard of a cricket match having large scale riots between fans? I hate to break it to you, but there is much more trouble in football than in cricket, if you think otherwise, then you are sadly mistaken I am afraid. And to SBCity, you aren't going because you can't watch Bristol City without drinking? Good to see what your priorities are with regards to your team.

To anyone who mis-understood my initial comment, I'm not saying die hard fans are the ones going, I'm saying I think the notion that you are a better fan for not attending a football match is ridiculous. Its going to make sweet FA difference to whether the restricted bubble is lifted if we only take 500 (because people will still go, me included) and all it does is make the OB's job easier and they'll be laughing. As will Cardiff fans. And as for our players, they'll be chuffed to bits knowing most of our fans would rather stay at home than go through a bit of hassle to watch their club. I don't mean to offend, but I really don't understand the point of this discussion. I always thought that if you support your club, you show that through thick or thin, whatever the circumstances, sod Old Bill and sod everyone else who gets in the way of it. Unfortunately, in this day and age, local derbies with the heat that's between clubs like us and Cardiff will always generate this attention from Police etc. And in the years to come, I only anticipate it to get worse.

On my phone so CBA to try and quote. To Jordan Tansley, just out of interest, when was the last time you heard of a cricket match having large scale riots between fans? I hate to break it to you, but there is much more trouble in football than in cricket, if you think otherwise, then you are sadly mistaken I am afraid. And to SBCity, you aren't going because you can't watch Bristol City without drinking? Good to see what your priorities are with regards to your team.

Do many people go to cricket matches in comparison??!

To anyone who mis-understood my initial comment, I'm not saying die hard fans are the ones going, I'm saying I think the notion that you are a better fan for not attending a football match is ridiculous. Its going to make sweet FA difference to whether the restricted bubble is lifted if we only take 500 (because people will still go, me included) and all it does is make the OB's job easier and they'll be laughing. As will Cardiff fans. And as for our players, they'll be chuffed to bits knowing most of our fans would rather stay at home than go through a bit of hassle to watch their club. I don't mean to offend, but I really don't understand the point of this discussion. I always thought that if you support your club, you show that through thick or thin, whatever the circumstances, sod Old Bill and sod everyone else who gets in the way of it. Unfortunately, in this day and age, local derbies with the heat that's between clubs like us and Cardiff will always generate this attention from Police etc. And in the years to come, I only anticipate it to get worse.

You miss the point that some people mention.

The point myself and another chap mentioned was finances, and only being able to afford to go to a few away games next year....therefore selecting carefully which ones we go to. Basically, Ill get much more enjoyment going somewhere like Doncaster.....then I will going to Cardiff? if the bubble was lifted....I would most definately head to Cardiff.

I really dont see the point in having to pick your tickets up at a service station if im honest. Ok, it restricts people wanting to go by train,

I highlighted the top point because you need to understand that some people ( alot of people) see football as more of a social day out, then just a "football game". Just becasue you most likely just drive to away games, park up, watch a game then drive home....doesnt mean thats the same for the rest of us.

For me, a good away day is breakfast at Knights Templar, train with your mates, loads of banter and a few beers, walk or taxi to a pub near the ground, couple of pints, watch the game, then a few beers on the train home moaning about how crap City were!!

No, Riaz, they don't. But when was there a riot? If that many people went to football, all fans sat together and all drank as much as they do, there would be fights all round and people know it.

Despite what the police would like you to think, we're no longer in the 70's.

There is hardly any trouble at football nowadays, apart from the odd match where you get idiots coming out the wookwork.

These idiots arent gonna go to a cricket match for vaious reasons - mainly because it would be hard to start a fight at a cricket match, because everyone is asleep or nearly asleep :winner_third_h4h:

I think this is where the problem lies, some people like to have the day out, a day out away from the wife/kids, a chance to go out with their mates and have a laugh.

There are the other fans, which are quite happy to get the official coach, grab a burger at the ground, watch the game, and then go home.

Doesn't make any fan better than the other does it, but I think each "set" of fans, find it hard to see it from the others point of view.

.....put it this way, if I was loaded and could afford to do every away game, I'd probally do Cardiff. As I cant, and need to pick and choose.......I wont be doing one where Im being told when I and where I can take a pi*s

Do you really think the police will look at it like this though?? or will they take credit for doing a "good job" and having a "good idea".

The club won't be taken for a ride on no evidence, there was some legitimate reasoning behind the initial bubble, and they have decreased its severity as any trouble stopped, albeit slowly. IMO the police are paranoid about football fans, and football fans are paranoid about the police.

You miss the point that some people mention.

The point myself and another chap mentioned was finances, and only being able to afford to go to a few away games next year....therefore selecting carefully which ones we go to. Basically, Ill get much more enjoyment going somewhere like Doncaster.....then I will going to Cardiff? if the bubble was lifted....I would most definately head to Cardiff.

I really dont see the point in having to pick your tickets up at a service station if im honest. Ok, it restricts people wanting to go by train,

I highlighted the top point because you need to understand that some people ( alot of people) see football as more of a social day out, then just a "football game". Just becasue you most likely just drive to away games, park up, watch a game then drive home....doesnt mean thats the same for the rest of us.

For me, a good away day is breakfast at Knights Templar, train with your mates, loads of banter and a few beers, walk or taxi to a pub near the ground, couple of pints, watch the game, then a few beers on the train home moaning about how crap City were!!

Bang on the money and money is such a part of it.

I consider football to be a social event, remove the social aspect I remove my custom. I can see no more effective means of fans displaying their displeasure than the one already being took of withdrawing support and our money.

Ben I'm not going to be a patronising **** and go on about your age because at 19 bcfc was my main social life, I never thought I would even stop going to any game let alone a game v Cardiff,

However as Andy points out I'm in a similar position that I have to pick and choose my games, I got my mortgage to pay, a 6 month old daughter and a wife on maternity pay, it's hard to make ends meet so when I do get an opportunity to go to a match I'm certainly not going to waste my time travelling to service stations to pick up my tickets, lift this stupid ban and that away end will be full every game.

Archived