IGNORED

Yeovil Match-Thread

Ryan_BCFC

Must admit after Bath I thought Hunt would at least make the bench .... if he's definately finished here then why play him at Bath?.. I hear he was half decent in that game, & certainly better than most on the pitch. (ps.. unless Millen knows that someones joining us for that position soon??)

I wouldn't really care if we lost 8-0 every pre season game so long as we did well when the season starts. The problem is I get the impression we are going into these games as if they are the real thing which is worrying. What are the tactics that are going to be any different once the season starts?! I look through all the fixtures this season and start to wonder where will be getting points from...I think it's going to be a very tough season but we need to at least stay up.

This may sound like a strange thing to say, but i am not worried too much about results......but I am worried about the conceding of so many goals.

The results are not so important - different personnel, combinations, tactics are being tried and tested.

I would worry if we were not scoring goals (but we are scoring in the main) or if we were conceding too many goals (which we definately are).

So far the pre-seasons have left me with the same conclusions I had made before the games started:

1) We have to keep Nicky - I just cannot see the other strikers being so ruthless in front of goal, even pre-season has proven this.

2) We have to strengthen at the back

If we sort those two things out - i don't care about the pre-season games, we will be alright

City: James; Carey, Stewart, Nyatanga, McAllister; Campbell-Ryce, Skuse, Elliott, Adomah; Maynard, Stead. Subs: Carey (gk), Fontaine, Wilson, Woolford, Reid, Bolasie, Clarkson.

No excuses for another shit performance, the majority of this lot have played with each other loads of times.

Archived