IGNORED

Yeovil Match-Thread

Ryan_BCFC

I always look at it like this. Pre season means nothing to both teams. So why is it teams like Yeovil and Bath can casually beat us. Why can we not casually beat them? To concede a goal at least every game says that the defence can't cope against teams playing half heartedly?!

This may sound like a strange thing to say, but i am not worried too much about results......but I am worried about the conceding of so many goals.

The results are not so important - different personnel, combinations, tactics are being tried and tested.

I would worry if we were not scoring goals (but we are scoring in the main) or if we were conceding too many goals (which we definately are).

So far the pre-seasons have left me with the same conclusions I had made before the games started:

1) We have to keep Nicky - I just cannot see the other strikers being so ruthless in front of goal, even pre-season has proven this.

2) We have to strengthen at the back

If we sort those two things out - i don't care about the pre-season games, we will be alright

Big if though. If we dont improve when the real biz starts, and i cant see it without at least 2 good defensive additions; milly won't see October.

Unless you are there, how do you know it's a shit performance - because we are losing ?

Torquay was a shit performance, I would hope it's better than that...

Because I was at Cheltenham when this side played and I thought it was a shit performance, I'm just saying the excuses will start to wear thin if we lose again to another poor side.

Because I was at Cheltenham when this side played and I thought it was a shit performance, I'm just saying the excuses will start to wear thin if we lose again to another poor side.

Surely you wouldn't sack someone based on pre-season results!! Give him a chance in the Championship first!!

Why? Because I don't think he's a good keeper and am not afraid to say so?

The man who should be in goal for us today has recently joined Pompey, and that's what really pisses me off.

He's obviously a good keeper, don't be an idiot. Whether or not you'd prefer his wages to be spent elsewhere is fair enough, but don't claim he's rubbish when he's in the top 5 English goalies in England.

The result doesn't matter at all IMO. That's why instead of taking an easy 30

Min trip to Yeovil I'm sitting in my back garden:).

Wake me up when Ipswich arrive.

He's obviously a good keeper, don't be an idiot. Whether or not you'd prefer his wages to be spent elsewhere is fair enough, but don't claim he's rubbish when he's in the top 5 English goalies in England.

Well said

Next up is a trip to Huish Park.

View the full article

According to this the clubs saying we've sent ANOTHER STRONG SQUAD to Yeovil today... I'd like to think so too, but is that just positive/wishful thinking?... pre-season so far hasnt suggested or showed any City combination to have been 'strong' ..... lets hope we see some of this elusive (some might say mythical) Bristol City 'strength' in the second half then... & especially next week at home to WBA...

Still keeping the faith at mo... but its getting harder to believe the hype tbh... COYR's lets be seeing you!!!

The result doesn't matter at all IMO. That's why instead of taking an easy 30

Min trip to Yeovil I'm sitting in my back garden:).

Wake me up when Ipswich arrive.

Results don't, performances do. Keith has been unhappy with most of them it seems so I trust he is not going to be so relaxed about it.

IHull beating a strong Liverpool team 3-0. Pre season means nothing bar fitness for me.

And we beat Hull at the end of last season so that means we are better than Liverpool so we're gonna walk this league COYR's

Before anyone says, that is Tongue in Cheek

Dont make me laugh! he was, a long time ago but to say he still is now is crazy! hes not even the best in the leauge!

Maybe he used to be a good keeper, but age catches up with everybody in the end.

I'm not saying he's rubbish, but I certainly wouldn't put him in the top 5 English keepers these days.

I just feel that the club has really dropped a bollock by freezing out Henderson, who could have been our keeper for the next decade, in favour of James.

its all very quiet, no updates...take it nothing good/bad/indifferent is happening then... at least nothing to get excited about.... it might be a friendly etc etc - but news of a goal or two wouldnt go amiss... we'd welcome news of something sublime happening .... COYR's WHERE ARE YOU???

its all very quiet, no updates...take it nothing good/bad/indifferent is happening then... at least nothing to get excited about.... it might be a friendly etc etc - but news of a goal or two wouldnt go amiss... we'd welcome news of something sublime happening .... COYR's WHERE ARE YOU???

Im frantically refreshing the hash tag #bristolcity over and over. Maybe Twitter is down and we are actually 5-1 up :fingerscrossed:

Forget pre season results then, how about the fact our defence was crap last season and even worse now without caulker! Some people need to open their eyes to the season were in for unless defenders come in now!

True. You need to remind a few we also had Spence and he was also a Cracking little player. We will start in less than two weeks massively weaker than we finished last season.

Let's Hope MIllen can bring at least one in pre Ipswich.

Archived