IGNORED

Amy Winehouse......dead!

Dolman Block B

Despite the expressed wishes of Skuuuuuuse I have decided to go ahead and post my best joke. I could claim I'm doing it for noble reasons, that everyone has their own way of grieving and I am merely dealing with death in my own personal way, whilst giving others an opportunity to do the same... however I won't, not because I don't think that humour is a good way of dealing with some things and the opinions expressed before aren't those of my own (they are), but merely because I have been asked not to, I seldom see a better reason to do something.

Apparently giving your child a little smack from time to time does no harm. Not sure Amy Winehouse's parents would agree.

RIP Amy, and all those killed in the Norway attacks

Despite the expressed wishes of Skuuuuuuse I have decided to go ahead and post my best joke. I could claim I'm doing it for noble reasons, that everyone has their own way of grieving and I am merely dealing with death in my own personal way, whilst giving others an opportunity to do the same... however I won't, not because I don't think that humour is a good way of dealing with some things and the opinions expressed before aren't those of my own (they are), but merely because I have been asked not to, I seldom see a better reason to do something.

Apparently giving your child a little smack from time to time does no harm. Not sure Amy Winehouse's parents would agree.

RIP Amy, and all those killed in the Norway attacks

Results of further toxicology tests could take four weeks.

Three of those weeks to order a new machine after the old one burnt out !

Exactly was'nt it that over hyped,talentless turd and total rip off merchant Mark Ronson who said he would never work with her again.

That would be the Mark Ronson who produced the album that made Amy famous and had her sing on the cover version which was her biggest-selling single? disapointed2se.gif

That would be the Mark Ronson who produced the album that made Amy famous and had her sing on the cover version which was her biggest-selling single? disapointed2se.gif

indeed and the same Mark Ronson whose 2007 album 'Version' is virtually a complete (and totally inferior) rip off of Ike Turners 1969 album called 'A Black Mans Soul' and the same Mark Ronson who stated he would never work with her again.

But if you want to big up blatant plagiarizer that is your opinion and I will defend to the death your right to have that opinion.

indeed and the same Mark Ronson whose 2007 album 'Version' is virtually a complete (and totally inferior) rip off of Ike Turners 1969 album called 'A Black Mans Soul' and the same Mark Ronson who stated he would never work with her again.

But if you want to big up blatant plagiarizer that is your opinion and I will defend to the death your right to have that opinion.

I guess it's no worse than bigging up a wife beating rapist, I s'pose but hang on - are you saying that Ike Turner's 1969 album featured versions of songs by The Zutons, the Kaiser Chiefs and the Smiths? Maybe the bloke was a genius then - talk about ahead of his time!

I guess it's no worse than bigging up a wife beating rapist, I s'pose but hang on - are you saying that Ike Turner's 1969 album featured versions of songs by The Zutons, the Kaiser Chiefs and the Smiths? Maybe the bloke was a genius then - talk about ahead of his time!

I can't see anything in what I posted being remotely like bigging up a wife beating rapist, but we'll put that down to not actually reading the post properly. The tracks on this album credited solely to Mark Ronson are pretty much a complete rip off of the Ike Turner album.

Your comment about Ike Turner being ahead of his time is in fact the most insightful part of your post. For instance Ike Turner is credited with what is generally considered to be first ever rock and roll record ever recorded it's by Jackie Brenston in 1951 and called Rocket 88, Ike Turner also invented the fuzz box guitar sound now used by virtually every one of today's top guitarists and especially one Noel Gallagher, Ike Turner also discovered some the worlds foremost blues artists including BB KIng and Hownlin' Wolf when working as talent scout for the legendary Sam Phillips at Sun records and his black beauty album is held up as a classic of it's genre and regularly sampled by some the worlds most famous hip hop artists (who all credited him when sampling his work) in fact it has been argued by one of musics most influential journalists that without Ike Turner, rock and roll, soul music and modern music in general would probably never have developed the in the way that it did and even speculated that the influence that his early work had on the development of the Beatles and Rolling Stones was immense, so ahead of his time undoubtedly. Bad man (which interestingly is the name of another of his albums) definately.

Apparently Rupert Murdoch was quoted as saying he's touched by all the kind and warm messages left on her voicemail.

Great talent, very sad but unfortunately not surprising that the music industry was keener to work her for more cash than to help her get the treatment she needed.

This country has an extremely backward view of how to handle drugs and addiction and until we start basing policy on advice from experts this kind of sad news will be a daily occurrence for one family or another.

Apparently Rupert Murdoch was quoted as saying he's touched by all the kind and warm messages left on her voicemail.

Great talent, very sad but unfortunately not surprising that the music industry was keener to work her for more cash than to help her get the treatment she needed.

This country has an extremely backward view of how to handle drugs and addiction and until we start basing policy on advice from experts this kind of sad news will be a daily occurrence for one family or another.

Very well put. Many country,s deal with it a hell of a lot better then us, look at the Dutch!!!!

I can't see anything in what I posted being remotely like bigging up a wife beating rapist, but we'll put that down to not actually reading the post properly. The tracks on this album credited solely to Mark Ronson are pretty much a complete rip off of the Ike Turner album.

Your comment about Ike Turner being ahead of his time is in fact the most insightful part of your post. For instance Ike Turner is credited with what is generally considered to be first ever rock and roll record ever recorded it's by Jackie Brenston in 1951 and called Rocket 88, Ike Turner also invented the fuzz box guitar sound now used by virtually every one of today's top guitarists and especially one Noel Gallagher, Ike Turner also discovered some the worlds foremost blues artists including BB KIng and Hownlin' Wolf when working as talent scout for the legendary Sam Phillips at Sun records and his black beauty album is held up as a classic of it's genre and regularly sampled by some the worlds most famous hip hop artists (who all credited him when sampling his work) in fact it has been argued by one of musics most influential journalists that without Ike Turner, rock and roll, soul music and modern music in general would probably never have developed the in the way that it did and even speculated that the influence that his early work had on the development of the Beatles and Rolling Stones was immense, so ahead of his time undoubtedly. Bad man (which interestingly is the name of another of his albums) definately.

Certainly agree that Ike - as unpleasant a man as he was in many respects - was a genuine musical innovator and doesn't always get the credit for all fields he has worked in.

Would also agree that Ronson comes across as a bit of a prat in interviews.

My response to your original post was that in attacking him as a mere plagiarist, you seemed to be ignoring the fact that his undoubted production skills were a big factor in the album that made Amy Winehouse an international star.

There's nothing much new in the "Mark Ronson sound" but he does deserve some credit for the way he used an existing template to showcase an exciting modern talent.

As for Versions, the "Mark Ronson" bits were a very minor part of that (patchy) album. Then again, his reworking of Valerie on that album also added to the Winehouse fame and fortune.

And I can't really condemn someone for saying that they wouldn't work again with someone who was on heroin. I've known addicts. Only they can save themselves.

Archived