IGNORED

Maynard - Open Day

Tins

The truth perhaps, that would be nice.

We have too many " What else would you expect him to say?", used as if it is some sort of acceptable get out clause.

The bottom line is that Maynard's contract business is no-one else's business than his, his agent and the clubs. No-one can expect him to say anything other than the usual platitudes in a public domain.

Its not a 'get out clause' at all. Its simple confidentiality.

The bottom line is that Maynard's contract business is no-one else's business than his, his agent and the clubs. No-one can expect him to say anything other than the usual platitudes in a public domain.

Its not a 'get out clause' at all. Its simple confidentiality.

it's used as a get out clause by forum members like yourself and not the player or the club, you've used it in the past in defence of Millen. The bottom line you mention is correct, so the smart thing to do is to say nothing or " let's wait and see ", at least it would be closer to the actual truth and I think fans deserve that.

NM is happy at BCFC (has said so himself) but wants to play in the PL (like every other player).

He knows that if he signs a new contract with a hefty (3.5m - 5m+) PL escape clause then his options will be limited, if he runs his contract down, then his PL (someone taking a chance) options will be greater.

As long as he gives 110% in every game for us next season, then I will be happy with that.....it didn't do Bothroyd any harm until he got all billy big bollox after his England debut.

BCAGFC

NM is happy at BCFC (has said so himself) but wants to play in the PL (like every other player).

He knows that if he signs a new contract with a hefty (3.5m - 5m+) PL escape clause then his options will be limited, if he runs his contract down, then his PL (someone taking a chance) options will be greater.

As long as he gives 110% in every game for us next season, then I will be happy with that.....it didn't do Bothroyd any harm until he got all billy big bollox after his England debut.

BCAGFC

At last somebody else gets it, absolutely correct, thank you.

He actually said that to you, or are you just speculating?

I guess he is praying he does not get injured then, with less than a year winding down on his contract, if he gets a serious injury then he's going to find his career in dire straights.

Would City feel obliged to treat a out of contract player ?

Thought Nicky looked more than happy today.

He's smiling like that cos my 8 year old boy charmed him :innocent06: Seriously he did look happy, mostly the players were very pleasant mainly David James, Louis Carey, Cole Skuse, Albert Adomah, Lee Johnson & David Clarkson, Nicky Hunt looked very awkward to be there :dunno: IMO

The only table we missed due to time was table 4 (Marv, JCR i'm not sure who else was sat on it)

From memory when David Noble got released he was long term injured and had to pick up the bill for his care.

He was released, went running on his own during the summer and ruptured his knee, yes he had to pay for his own treatment as he was not under contract with any club.

:city:

Archived