IGNORED

Football Manager 2011

Tony Montana

Can someone please advice me on what manager game to play?

I have spent many many hours/days playing these games and even lost a job cus of it :D

I have a iphone so maybe the fm2011 is worth buying? or do i just sit tight and wait for fm 2012?

This thread nearly made me purchase that for £6.99 - would thought it would be cheaper by now but reading the reviews it sounds like you will get value for money though!

I'm gonna wait for 12 and if it's same price I'll get that cos I can't be bothered to sit at the laptop and play it but having on the phone it will get played all the time!!!

I can remember one of the first Football management games to come out on a computer. It was Football Manager on the commodore 64......I was about 9 years old and loved it.

Now thats what I call a game! Kevin Sheedy was class on that!! :worship2:

is that the one where you started as Walsall in the 4th div and the chair had a bid fat cigar ept saying your defence was full of holes and you should start with 7 defenders?

Resigned from Charlton just four games into the season - The board had reduced my wage budget to less than what it was for league one! Mugs.

Just taken the poisoned chalice that is Leicester. Mandric has offered me £20 million to spend.

Wednesday is a tough job you have unrealistic goals and a massive debt,

Good news Gas just got relegated to the conference in mine I finished 9th so improving now for those off season bargins,

Got city into the prem within two seasons and spent my budget on young players, and one older player - Kikin Fonseca

Absolute brilliant for me, 38 goals in his first prem season.

Have to say its very hard in the first season of the prem, i leaked goals all over the place, and you find yourself playing a completely different game to how the championship was.

Saying that, its bloody great all the same.

The hardest team i've found to be on Fm2011 has been Man C, Even with match preperation set to team blend and up on high, they just dont gel.

I found it took nearly all season to get them playing together fluidly.

If anyone was interested in FM11 for the iphone - it is now £2.99 for a limited time!

Think I might wait for 12

un******* real :laugh:,i paid 6.99 the other day...typical

anyone got any tips on players to buy? im starting with city and im finding it hard to sign anyone decent with the budget im given.

Im completed my 1st season with TNS, ended up going through a bad patch but won the title on the last day of the season.

Airbus was 1st going into the last game, by a point, I was second. Playing them away, luckily I scored in the 94th minute to leapfrog them into 1st and win the title.

I also won the league cup, but lost in the fa cup semi final to a non league side. Not good.

My main attacker who scored 17 league goals last year is now out for 8 month, hes 35 so basically his career over. A lot of players seem to be getting injured a lot but guess its due to rubbish staff etc.

One problem for next year is, Port Talbot Town has been taken over by a croatian tycoon, who has said he will pump 11.75MILLION to buy players. He wants them to be a force in europe.

Not sure how im going to compete, when my budget this year was a massive £30,000, compared to 11.75million im doomed.

Anyone know of any decent players that get released from league one and two clubs around now?

Blimey, I didn't realise takeovers happened to that extent at clubs at that level.

Hang around at TNS untill the Port Talbot manager goes, then try and get that job.

If Port Talbot do well in Europe (relatively for the reputation of the Welsh league), it's rating will go up and you will find better playerd and more money arriving.

Blimey, I didn't realise takeovers happened to that extent at clubs at that level.

Hang around at TNS untill the Port Talbot manager goes, then try and get that job.

If Port Talbot do well in Europe (relatively for the reputation of the Welsh league), it's rating will go up and you will find better playerd and more money arriving.

Im suprised aswell, i actually think they have sacked the port talbot manager, i think might go for it.

It must be a bug, noone in a million years would ever do that. I had a take over, and got no extra funds.

They arnt in europe (port talbot), so would be a year at least before they are in it, they finished in the bottom half and did poorly.

Just started another BCFC game and am going to try to do it with the players we actually had last season.

Let's see where I can finish without signing anyone.

BCAGFC

I started doing this recently managed to finish a respectable 13th, partly down to Jon stead scoring 28 goals and 13 goals from Damion Stewart from centre back! At the end of the season i got rid of a lot of players and reduced the squad down to 21 and had a kind of development squad made up of youth team players, Just finished the season managed to finish 6th and won the play offs.

I got rid off: David James, Louis Carey,Jamie McCallister, John Akinde, Jimmy Keohane, Lee Johnson, Ivan Sproule and loads of youth players (on free transfers) i then sold brett pitman (1m), Nicky Hunt (200k) David clarkson (750k) Kaliffa Cisse ( 300k) Cole Skuse (900k) Christian Ribiero (1.4m) Campbell-ryce( 600k)

This gave me a healthy transfer budget of 3.5 M i only spent 2.3 m and built this squad...

GK

Matt Gilkes(free from blackpool)

stephen henderson

DR

Stephen Darby (Loan from liverpool)

Fedricco Del Groso (250k inter milan)

DL

Aaron Cresswell( free from tranmere)

Alan Sheehan (120k from Swindon)

DC

Martin Taylor (375k from Watfrod)

Damion Stewart

Liam Fontaine

Lewin Nyatanga

MR

Miguel Perez ( 210k from Levante)

Albert Adomah

ML

Aureliano Torres ( 400k Gladbach)

Martyn Woolford

MC

Marvin Elliott

Jordi Gomez (350K)

Tom Soares (95k from stoke)

Christian Bustos (150k from celta)

ST

Adam Le fondre (300k from Rotherham)

Jon Stead

Nicky Maynard

Charlie Austin (loan from burnley)

development squad

Lewis Carey

Joe edwards

James Wilson

Danny Ball

Daryn Hennessay

Bobby Reid

Joe bryan

Pat Hoban

Aaron holloway

Scott Wilson

Adam le fondre scored 38 Goals through the season with damion stewart again getting 12 goals, jordi gomez got loads of assists as did torres and perez! looking foward to the prem season now although not sure how i will do in the prem!

COYR

Someone offer some advice on how to do well in the Championship. I take liberties at lower league level but just can't seem to compete in the championship.

And no my names not Gary.

I've never spent more than a season in it, even got S****horpe up in what was a bit of a joke save!

Three things are so important I find.

Big centre halves who score from corners.

Billy Sharp or similar who can play up front on his own with the support of two pacey wingers.

A defensive midfielder who is awesome in the anchor man role.

Prem loans are generally not good enough for the champ, but using the loan Market to get transfer listed players in for one season and then not buying them is a good stop gap for the real fun.

That's how I approach the champ and first couple of years in the Prem generally.

I'd like to recommend the following players for anyone starting a new career with City.

Aurelien Montaroup - French left back (90k - 200k)

Erick Torres - Mexican striker (90k - 180k) Don't load the Mexican league though as you won't get him.

Matty Pattison - Attacking midfielder (150k - 500k) Need south African leagues loaded

Adam Le Fondre - Striker (150k - 500k) goal machine

Tobias Henanger, Magnar Odegaard and Mohammed Elyounoussi. Need Norwegian leagues loaded. All 16/17 year olds available for around 4k compensation each. Absolutely quality and can play a part in the first team straight away.

Let me know if anyone buys any of these.

I'd like to recommend the following players for anyone starting a new career with City.

Erick Torres - Mexican striker (90k - 180k) Don't load the Mexican league though as you won't get him.

Matty Pattison - Attacking midfielder (150k - 500k) Need south African leagues loaded

Tobias Henanger, Magnar Odegaard and Mohammed Elyounoussi. Need Norwegian leagues loaded. All 16/17 year olds available for around 4k compensation each. Absolutely quality and can play a part in the first team straight away.

Thanks,

1 problem i have is i cant seem to load the norwegian league and south african...maybe its because im on the iphone and the game is smaller on it?

also could do with some tips on how to set up my team in the championship,i seem to ship alot of goals and never get near the play offs

Archived