IGNORED

Bradley Orrno

woodred94

I'd rather have Nicky Hunt play at RB if he can carry on what he has done in the last 2 games.

Orr was a terrible RB. Could dribble nicely foward but when it came to crossing always skied it over the east end. Always was accident prone at RB as well by giving goals away. I'll never forget the goal Huckerby scored thanks to him at Norwich a few years ago. Sorry but I'd do a better job playing there

I'd rather have Nicky Hunt play at RB if he can carry on what he has done in the last 2 games.

Orr was a terrible RB. Could dribble nicely foward but when it came to crossing always skied it over the east end. Always was accident prone at RB as well by giving goals away. I'll never forget the goal Huckerby scored thanks to him at Norwich a few years ago. Sorry but I'd do a better job playing there

......please, please.......please tell me this is tongue in cheek?

......please, please.......please tell me this is tongue in cheek?

No why? He was not a good RB at all. It's the same as people on this forum who think Fontaine is a class defender. I've asked other city fans in person what they think of Fontaine and they agree with me. It's only this forum that think the likes of Fontaine & Orr are great players when they are just below average

Ah yes, defender in "Concedes a goal after a mistake shocker". Clearly not good enough and we've been better off without him!

Now where can we get these mythical defenders that never ever make a mistake?

No why? He was not a good RB at all. It's the same as people on this forum who think Fontaine is a class defender. I've asked other city fans in person what they think of Fontaine and they agree with me. It's only this forum that think the likes of Fontaine & Orr are great players when they are just below average

Agree with you on Orr to be honest; couldn't dribble, couldn't cross, couldn't pass, wsn't particularly quick.... and yet we've missed his influence on the pitch. Still don't think we should have him back; he went chasing the dollar signs which is of course his perogative, but i'd rather give the youngsters a chance to develop them bring him back

Fontaine, however, is a very good player. Admittedly he'd been fairly inconsistent since our play off season, but he does seem to be starting to fulfill that potential he's always had. I personally think he should be captain next season

Agreed. Both Fontaine and Orr are overrated on here.

Although, Orr is better than we've currently got so I'd have him back.

Ah yes, defender in "Concedes a goal after a mistake shocker". Clearly not good enough and we've been better off without him!

Now where can we get these mythical defenders that never ever make a mistake?

But it was not just one mistake. I gave an example. Orr made many mistakes and his communication skills with his fellow defenders and keeper was pi** poor. Riberio would be a lot better than him if it was not for his injury problems. And I am sure Joe Edwards will show what he is worth this season, which I am sure will be a lot.

I agree with Fontaine. Has said for ages, over rated and hasnt progressed since he joined us. Definately escapes a lot of flak.

Bradley Orr, ok not a world beater, and his crossing was poor, however compared to the dross we got at the bit....I'd have him back in an instance. To put Nicky Hunt of him is laughable.

I would rather have had Spence the Orr.....thought Spence showed some great promise in his time here, but rather have Nicky Hunt? really?

Ok, Orr had his limitations.....but he played an awful lot of games for a team that romped the Championship last season? and since he left, we have definately missed him.

Agree with you on Orr to be honest; couldn't dribble, couldn't cross, couldn't pass, wsn't particularly quick.... and yet we've missed his influence on the pitch. Still don't think we should have him back; he went chasing the dollar signs which is of course his perogative, but i'd rather give the youngsters a chance to develop them bring him back

Fontaine, however, is a very good player. Admittedly he'd been fairly inconsistent since our play off season, but he does seem to be starting to fulfill that potential he's always had. I personally think he should be captain next season

In a nut sell this is what I think. Since he has left, regardless how over rated he may have been....we have missed his influence in and around the club.

One thing he had in abundance was a winners attitude and a never say die attitude. Something our pansy assed team missed last season

In 2 minds about this one. We definitely miss his attitude and winning mentality but to be honest I never rated him that highly as a footballer. I'd say move on and try to get in someone with the same mentality but who can actually play a bit as well (difficult job I know - presumably why Millen is taking his time over the signings...)

But it was not just one mistake. I gave an example. Orr made many mistakes and his communication skills with his fellow defenders and keeper was pi** poor. Riberio would be a lot better than him if it was not for his injury problems. And I am sure Joe Edwards will show what he is worth this season, which I am sure will be a lot.

Ah yeah, the same Ribeiro and Edwards who you have barely seen play and as such have no idea as to their mistake-proneness???

Give up.

Ah yeah, the same Ribeiro and Edwards who you have barely seen play and as such have no idea as to their mistake-proneness???

Give up.

What are you talking about?

Orr was not a good player at all, he was far below average. But as others have stated he had an influence and sportsmanship attitude on the pitch. All in all he was a bad RB.

And actually I've seen Riberio & Edwards play quite a bit actually and look far better than Orr ever did

What are you talking about?

Orr was not a good player at all, he was far below average. But as others have stated he had an influence and sportsmanship attitude on the pitch. All in all he was a bad RB.

And actually I've seen Riberio & Edwards play quite a bit actually and look far better than Orr ever did

Yet Orr is a Premier League player with a Championship League winners medal......and the other two are either a) made of glass or b) played anout 2 games

Time will tell.

To be fair, if you think he was a poor right back (I'd categorise him as decent Championship standard), how do you rate the rest of our defence? jesus, you must have them as downs league standard

In the Championship? Really?

Bradley Orr isn't the best technically but he's an extremely competent defender and has a fantastic attitude. He also got forward well and provided an attacking outlet, even if his final ball wasn't the greatest.

Yet Orr is a Premier League player with a Championship League winners medal......and the other two are either a) made of glass or b) played anout 2 games

Time will tell.

To be fair, if you think he was a poor right back (I'd categorise him as decent Championship standard), how do you rate the rest of our defence? jesus, you must have them as downs league standard

The rest of our defence is terrible though, I think everyone knows that!

Always enjoy watching Carey give 100% though

Techincally Orr wasn't the greatest, in fact he was very poor at times. Think we can all agree on that. But his attitude and work rate were second to none and this is what made him a very SOLID full back who rarely made a big mistake in games.

I would have him back in a flash.

Techincally Orr wasn't the greatest, in fact he was very poor at times. Think we can all agree on that. But his attitude and work rate were second to none and this is what made him a very SOLID full back who rarely made a big mistake in games.

I would have him back in a flash.

Me Too!

Great defender, piss poor going forward but with Albert in front of him that may matter less than when he had Sproule in front of him (or almost next to him sometimes).

Never seemd to take the blame for his mistakes, I could see him & David James having a right old barney!

Rather take the risk on a PL loanee, but would tighten things up if he came back.

Great defending and has a spot on attitude on the pitch, crap going forward. That just about sums up 95% of full backs playing the game and some are the other way round great going forward and crap defending. If he was great going forward as well he would be playing in Liverpool, Manchester or one of the top London sides.

I'd have him back tomorrow.

Archived