IGNORED

West Brom - Big, Big Test For City Today

Andy082005

Not sure how everybody else feels about this game today, as its only a friendly, but I personally feel that this game is very important.

For me, we will see today first hand how City can do against better class opposition. Ok, we have not had the best of pre-seasons against lower oposition, but Ive always been a firm believer in trying to avoid games like Bath City and Forest Green etc, or at elast not reading to much into them.

WBA are a Premier League outfit, with decent Prem players. If they were in the Championship next season you would be talking top 4 club no? Our defence and midfield will be facing players like this on a week by week basis, so for me....how they fair today, will be an indication how they will fair next season.

Its going to be an intreresting one

My first season for years without a season ticket due to moving to London. Gonna head intoday though. I agree, only a friendly but important. Players should now almost be ready for the new season so should put in a performance. And to be honest, if they were in championship they would be a shoe in fir the title.

Does anyone know if the new home shirt is available to buy today?

I see it as a yardstick of how far away we are from the likes of WBA but I don't see it as a pointer to how we'll do this season.

Exactly right.

The result is only important when it comes to squad morale. What we don't want is a heavy defeat.

Its important not read much into pre-season games. Players subconsciously don't want to get injured with the main event just a week away and so theses games are more like testimonials.

Yea WBA have been a good passing team for a long time and the type of club we should be aiming to emulate imo.

Incidently I am sitting in the ateyo today as I am taking some newbiews and am after a few sigs to complete the set on my boys shirt, so my question is this

What is the best time to get near the pitch/tunnel and get the goodies that I require?

Archived