IGNORED

General Consensus

Craven arms

Ok while I always try to feel optimistic about a new season,ive never felt a more apperension,and dont think its just me,it seems to be a general Consensus,so is it so here's a list of possible things I think it could be

1 The team as a whole having no confidence in the manager

2 All the transfer speculation over Nicky Maynard unsettling the team

3 Some of the players on long contracts and good terms and not really giving two S**** about the club as long as there cheque clears

4 The new ground purposeal having a negative effect

5 The board having no backbone

6 Over payed prima donna's simple not good enough

7 Millens team tacktics questionable

8 Or could we do more vocal as home fans to get behind the team

9 Or maybe Bristol isn't a hotbed of football and were happys being stuck in the second and thrid tier of football,where if it was Lancaster or london there would be a public out cry

10 Financially cant complete with other teams and there for the gaps getting wider

feel free to add some other reason..............

Ok while I always try to feel optimistic about a new season,ive never felt a more apperension,and dont think its just me,it seems to be a general Consensus,so is it so here's a list of possible things I think it could be

1 The team as a whole having no confidence in the manager

2 All the transfer speculation over Nicky Maynard unsettling the team

3 Some of the players on long contracts and good terms and not really giving two S**** about the club as long as there cheque clears

4 The new ground purposeal having a negative effect

5 The board having no backbone

6 Over payed prima donna's simple not good enough

7 Millens team tacktics questionable

8 Or could we do more vocal as home fans to get behind the team

9 Or maybe Bristol isn't a hotbed of football and were happys being stuck in the second and thrid tier of football,where if it was Lancaster or london there would be a public out cry

10 Financially cant complete with other teams and there for the gaps getting wider

feel free to add some other reason..............

You must be mates with Axbridge.

11 Simple "fans" with unrealistic expectations and no patience whatsoever dragging everyone down?

Yes because I want us to win the league and if we don't I want Millen sacked.....

How many people have said that?

I think 99.9% of fans would be happy with mid-table. I for one would be delighted, especially if there are young players in the team and it looks like Millen is building a good side.

11 Simple "fans" with unrealistic expectations and no patience whatsoever dragging everyone down?

+1. it's embarrasing listening to these doom merchants, can't we at least wait until christmas before we all decide the bridge is our best bet for a quick ending.

Having watched yesterday, I thought we played ok. Going forward we played some neat stuff, we kept hold of the ball better however I come away concerned that the defense is really poor. Fonts lost Olsen 3 times from corners, Carey and McAllistair got forward well but are far to slow to get back if play breaks down, Wilson was ok made a couple of mistakes but a couple of great challenges. Generally the feeling that without at least 2 defensive signings we're going to be really struggling. I don't think thats negative rather reallistic.

Having watched yesterday, I thought we played ok. Going forward we played some neat stuff, we kept hold of the ball better however I come away concerned that the defense is really poor. Fonts lost Olsen 3 times from corners, Carey and McAllistair got forward well but are far to slow to get back if play breaks down, Wilson was ok made a couple of mistakes but a couple of great challenges. Generally the feeling that without at least 2 defensive signings we're going to be really struggling. I don't think thats negative rather reallistic.

Its is realistic. But on this forum it's classed as negative. We all must pretend every player is brilliant (no weak players) and everything is rosy down the gate!

General consensus of whom? The relatively few users of this forum? Don't mistake the negativity on here for the general mood of the supporter base. This is a very narrow view point, and frankly, it's far easier to be negative on an online forum than to be positive. Personally, I'm looking forwards to the new season and whatever it may bring.

city.gif

Thats a specific number, agree though. I believe if you have nothing good to say you keep it buttoned.

Everyone has the right to opinion, but some people take the piss starting a thread to have a moan everyday. petelegend seems incapable of posting anything remotely positive.

Its is realistic. But on this forum it's classed as negative. We all must pretend every player is brilliant (no weak players) and everything is rosy down the gate!

Nobody has ever said every player is brilliant?

What some can't comprehend is that we are Bristol City and not Barcelona.

We have a good Championship squad,we ended mid table last season,and we all say we would be happy with that this sesson.what is the big problem.?

Yes Caulker had gone and we will miss him.

But I can't fathom all this fn doom and gloom when we haven't even started the season yet.

You're the only one in this thread posting a load of bollocks and hyperbole. Why you're accusing others of it is beyond me.

Nobody has ever said every player is brilliant?

What some can't comprehend is that we are Bristol City and not Barcelona.

We have a good Championship squad,we ended mid table last season,and we all say we would be happy with that this sesson.what is the big problem.?

Yes Caulker had gone and we will miss him.

But I can't fathom all this fn doom and gloom when we haven't even started the season yet.

Why does every "concern" for want of a better word, get a comment like "we're not Barcelona" or "people have unrealistic expectations"

I'm not expecting defenders that could play for Barcelona - but defenders that would do well in the championship.

The doom and gloom comes from the fact we ain't strengthened. The first game of the season is upon us, and yet predictably, we'll be lucky to have 1 below average left back available.... But it's alright... Cos we got 10 wingers/strikers!!

You're the only one in this thread posting a load of bollocks and hyperbole. Why you're accusing others of it is beyond me.

You said that some fans had unrealistic expectations - which I think is bollocks. How many fans have said they expect promotion or even top 6?

Why does every "concern" for want of a better word, get a comment like "we're not Barcelona" or "people have unrealistic expectations"

I'm not expecting defenders that could play

for Barcelona - but defenders that would do well in the championship.

The doom and gloom comes from the fact we ain't strengthened. The first game of the

season is upon us, and yet predictably, we'll be lucky to have 1 below average left back available.... But it's alright... Cos we got 10 wingers/strikers!!

Typical exageration.

Good job you realise the season is upon us, because Ipswich are in "desperate " need of a centre half.

Paul Jewell says it himself.

Every club wants better players,but the continous winging and moaning about the ones we have is getting very tedious.

Typical exageration.

Good job you realise the season is upon us, because Ipswich are in "desperate " need of a centre half.

Every club wants better players,but the continous winging and moaning about the ones we have is getting very tedious.

They need them more desperately as us if I'm to believe my Ipswich mate. You see...even Marcus Evans and his billions cant find a couple of decent defenders.

Typical exageration.

Sorry at what point did I exaggerate?

You said that some fans had unrealistic expectations - which I think is bollocks. How many fans have said they expect promotion or even top 6?

Go read your posts again, then please tell me who was posting the unrealistic hyperbole?

To be fair, I think the majority of city fans have realistic aspirations. But it only takes 5 fans to post 5 different topics to create a wholly negative feel to the forum. I often think we should have a 'positive' sub-forum and a 'negative' sub-forum. That way, if you reallyyyy want to hurt kittens you post in the negative section, but if you only feel like kicking kittens a fewww times then you post in positive section!

Archived