IGNORED

Jordan Spence

Redland

I cant see why everyone is getting so loved up with Spence..he was only average for us last year, obvioulsy the 40 odd posters before me never saw him play.

What I dont get is ...if we have 3 young potential Fullbacks who need match experience why are we paying a rival championship club to develop one of theirs. ???

Bit of a kick in the teeth for the faithfull City players involved and a real Faux Pas by Millen.

I saw all of Spence's games for us bar one and he was very good overall. I see the point you've made but realistically Ribiero is so injury prone it is very risky to rely on him and Carey is a 34 year old centre-back so that leaves only Joe Edwards. (Obviously Nicky C ** t isn't even considered.) Spence also plays at centre-back giving us another option there where we're hardly blessed with riches of talent. A loan move is a decent signing and one I'm very pleased about, even if some of the reaction is rather excitable on this thread.

Because Spence is better then anyone else we currently have in his position.

I dont think you are right.... but we shall see... However I dont see him as the new Messiah which everyone appears to be raving about him as.

Looks like this is the end of the road for Ribeiro and is a bit of a kick in the teeth for the lad.

I dont think you are right.... but we shall see... However I dont see him as the new Messiah which everyone appears to be raving about him as.

Looks like this is the end of the road for Ribeiro and is a bit of a kick in the teeth for the lad.

How on earth can we possibly rely on Ribiero? He cant stay fit for 2 games.

His injury problems leave us no choice but to bring somebody in.

I rate Ribiero, in fact, I dont know anybody who doesn't but the fact of the matter is, his body appears to be unable to take the pressures that professional football brings. It's a massive shame because he is so talented.

It is most certainly not, a kick in the teeth and i'm certain he wont be thinking that.

How long's he out for now? devil.gif

Spence is a good reliable right back who did really well with Adomah last season and isn't a hoofer. Ribeiro isn't a player we can rely on to be available sadly.

Anyway this also means we can consider Carey and Ribs as cover for RB and at centre half along with Wilson, Fontaine and Nyatanga. We need a left back, but I'm sure KM knows that.

I'm surprised we seem to have been able to pull this one off but very happy, or at least will be when it's confirmed.

A kick in the teeth for Ribeiro? Oh no, that's another injury to keep him out for 4 weeks.

Reading the west ham board they seem confident he's coming here. Wow, thats a shot out of the blue. If this comes off Riaz will have to shut up for a week right?? :P

Impossible

STILL no left back............................

only kidding - good signing, no brainer really.

Hopefully we can get 2 more before the deadline.

Welcome back Jordan "Louis" Spence

I thought he grow with every game he played. Was unsure when he first joined and defending wasn't always great but his attacking play was great and its not like a new player who would need time to settle in either.

After panicing about our defence all summer I felt much better after watching the west brom game. This will only help.

STILL no left back............................

only kidding - good signing, no brainer really.

Hopefully we can get 2 more before the deadline.

Welcome back Jordan "Louis" Spence

I'm hoping that the way this transfer has come completely out of the blue shows you we aren't as inactive as you have insinuated!

This is one of Keith's three phone calls I would imagine, now for the other two to come through with a bit of good fortune and that would equate to 6 incomings. Good in anyone's book.

However I dont see him as the new Messiah

Who was the previous one?

No he's not... hes a very naughty boy!!!

seriously this is a quality signing. Better than anyone we have in the rightback position and should settle in quicker as been here before. definitely got better with games last time, linked up with adomah well and obviously has pedigree. please let it be true!

I understand what some people are saying about blocking progress of ribs, im a masive fan of his, but he needs to prove his fitness this season even in reserves/on loan before he can be relied upon.

To be fair, no-one thinks he is the messiah, just a competent full back. I really rate Ribs, but then I really rated Steve Brooker and there do appear to be similarities in terms of them both being injury prone. Similarly, a fully fit Owen Hargreaves would have been a shoe in for Man Utd and England......... No-one doubts that Ribs could potentially be an excellent footballer. It would appear that his howler vs WSM tonight would not have helped his cause either!!

Honestly having read the earlier tweets there is no adding needed.

On a separate note, what did Gary have to say as to why he was there tonight? Loaning some of our kids?

Realise that now, was away at the Weston game and source got in touch about it during - didn't bother wading through 4 pages of stuff, egg on face.

Gary was there to watch Lee, he still lives in Portishead.

To be fair, no-one thinks he is the messiah, just a competent full back. I really rate Ribs, but then I really rated Steve Brooker and there do appear to be similarities in terms of them both being injury prone. Similarly, a fully fit Owen Hargreaves would have been a shoe in for Man Utd and England......... No-one doubts that Ribs could potentially be an excellent footballer. It would appear that his howler vs WSM tonight would not have helped his cause either!!

Does anyone expect him after working so incredibly hard to get as fit as he his to go out and play well having just found out before kickoff that Spence is rjoining on loan to cover the position he covets.

In my eyes thats a very harsh action by Millen and shows a complete lack of confidence and respect for Ribeiro.

My god many of our fans are so Fickle it will be interesting to see the tone of the posts when Spence has a poor game.

And just to clear up an issue over Ribeiros fitness he has been working exceptionally well in training and is one of the fittest players at the club pre-season..I defy Millen himself to come on this forum and deny that statement.

Gutted for the lad as he will be equally.

However my beloved City comes first and if Spence can produce the goods then thats OK with me.

I'm hoping that the way this transfer has come completely out of the blue shows you we aren't as inactive as you have insinuated!

This is one of Keith's three phone calls I would imagine, now for the other two to come through with a bit of good fortune and that would equate to 6 incomings. Good in anyone's book.

I did'nt insinuate anything. I said all along, that come August 6th we should have at least 1 defender in. We have now, so happy days.

If I was being really picky, then a right back was not needed as much as a left back and a centre back.... but I'm not - very happy that we have signed Spence!!

Lets hope Millen can sign 2 more before the window closes :fingerscrossed:

I did'nt insinuate anything. I said all along, that come August 6th we should have at least 1 defender in. We have now, so happy days.

If I was being really picky, then a right back was not needed as much as a left back and a centre back.... but I'm not - very happy that we have signed Spence!!

Lets hope Millen can sign 2 more before the window closes :fingerscrossed:

No, you didn't insinuate, you explicitly said yesterday directly to me his priorities were wrong and essentially he wasn't trying hard enough.

Wasted 15 minutes watching Player to prove you wrong, should have just waited 24 hours.

Realise that now, was away at the Weston game and source got in touch about it during - didn't bother wading through 4 pages of stuff, egg on face.

Gary was there to watch Lee, he still lives in Portishead.

Is this the 90 k a year guy at it again?

''my source''. why is it i think everything you say is complete bull?

No, you didn't insinuate, you explicitly said yesterday directly to me his priorities were wrong and essentially he wasn't trying hard enough.

Wasted 15 minutes watching Player to prove you wrong, should have just waited 24 hours.

I said the buck stops with Millen and action speaks louder than words.

Anyways, no point arguing is there? We've signed a defender and we're heading in the right direction and were all happy? agreed? Well apart from maybe axbridge?

Archived