IGNORED

How Are We Seen By Outsiders?

bangers

Call me old-fashioned but I'd rather have no reaction than "we don't like you" reaction. The latter normally means you've done something obnoxious...

When I'm talking about football, friends and colleagues (who have known me for 15years) usually say "Are you Bristol Rovers or City?" or they say "Are you in League 1 now?".

Basically, Bristol City just doesn't register on their radar.

We shouldn't be too uppity about this. I expect that S****horpe, Peterborough and Doncaster fans get the same reaction. And, frankly, those are the type of teams we should be comparing ourselves with. mad.gif

And thats a good thing???? The whole point surely is competition??? If we are on no ones rader we aren't competing. I'm not hung up about pre-season predictions but come 3pm Saturday when it all starts we should all be bothered what people think because it will reflect how competitive we are

Be realistic by all means, but ambition is always needed and I agrre with a previous poster being #1 in Bristol is ok up to a point but surely everyone has got to have greater expectation tha that.

for what its worth up here in the leafy shires, where we have plenty of lower league sides (and non league) we're seen as a small club surviving on the whims of a sugar daddy. the main thing we're known for is the "tastier element" of our fans, along with the Whorefield shit up the road. Neither clubs fans are exactly loved. Not that some fans bother, as they appear to revel in it.

We're stagnating in this league, albeit because we cannot afford to spend fortunes, and Kilkenny (and Spence on loan)aside, the signings are not exactly inspiring. This season will be Mr Millens defining season. Like many I feel the jury is out on him. Lets hope he proves us wrong. Another shit awful season like last aint exactly a great thing to go through again. See y'all Saturday for our weekly dose of punishment..

As much as i think the concept behind that table is utter #%&$, you have to say that (Reading in the bottom 3 aside) it looks like it could be a fairly realistic table come next May

Whilst I agree that the concept behind the table is debatable I think our lack of previous success, upon which the table is based, explains why we are not on the radar so far as outsiders are concerned. We have never won anything, spent the majority of our history playing in the lower leagues and consequently have a low national profile.

It is interesting that producing a Championship table based entirely on a club's previous success and history (as opposed to their current situation) results in a table which as you say could be fairly realistic come next May.

Outsiders will only sit up and take notice if we are successful on the pitch and/or when Ashton Vale is developed and we consequently have one of the best facilities in the country.

Archived