IGNORED

Hartlepool Utd Season Tickets

Red Rag

Hartlepool Utd averaged under 3 thousand per game last year, with approx 1500 season ticket holders.

This year they pledged that as soon as 4000 season tickets had been purchased everyone would pay £100.

They have sold in excess of 6000 so far and rising. I belive the scale people paid was based on numbers sold.

less than 2000 sold £350 over 2000 £200 and so on. I also understand that children are £50. What a great result

for the suporters. Net effect more revenue via ticket sales, programe sales, pies, shirts and all the other add ons.

Hats off to the Hartlepool board, could BCFC offer a similar sliding scale season ticket price, the ground would be buzzing.

Fair play to Hartlepool for the innovation but as monkey quite rightly said, we have the cheapest season tickets available in the championship at the moment.

For me we need a sustained spell of relative success pushing hard for promotion playing entertaining football in our nice shiny new stadium for the season tickets sales to swell.

yea I'm not having a go ether I don't know about other fans but for me my season ticket has got cheaper every year we've been in the championship,

Smaller clubs like Hartlepool can do things like that but when you get to the mid-sized clubs luke us it becomes harder as players generally are on more money

Fair play to Hartlepool , it's a great initiative. However when you only have 1500 ST holders you don't have much to lose by doing this deal. It wouldn't work for City as Monkeh has already pointed out.

6,000 tickets at £100 is £600,000 revenue - 20% vat = £420,000.

theres no way we could be that generous.

as stated above our price structure is prety decent as it is and nowhere near covers the wages we pay. The players just have to play their part and perform everytime they put the shirt on. if they did that then nobody could moan at the price of our tickets.

Seems like a bit of a risky sales strategy to me. Usually that sort of pricing is based on 'buy early, get it cheaper' This seems to be the other way round, and there must be a risk everyone waits and they end up selling none!

However, that's obviusly not how the North East mind works so good luck to them!

We could do this and not be in a worse position! If tickets were say 295 if we sold 15,000 the income generated would be the same as less higher priced tickets. It would mean bigger average gates, more intimidating ground, players playing to full houses most weeks, more people spending money in the bar, kiosks, club shop etc this would cover additional stewarding costs etc easily!

We could do this and not be in a worse position! If tickets were say 295 if we sold 15,000 the income generated would be the same as less higher priced tickets. It would mean bigger average gates, more intimidating ground, players playing to full houses most weeks, more people spending money in the bar, kiosks, club shop etc this would cover additional stewarding costs etc easily!

Thing is, if the club has a really good season, a lot of the capacity would be taken up by season ticket holders who have paid a cheaper price. From the clubs point of view, they want a lot of empty seats that a lot of people will pay top price for.

It is however a balancing act, we as fans want full houses and so does the club, except that the club wants to generate as much income as possible.

Fair play to Hartlepool for the innovation but as monkey quite rightly said, we have the cheapest season tickets available in the championship at the moment.

For me we need a sustained spell of relative success pushing hard for promotion playing entertaining football in our nice shiny new stadium for the season tickets sales to swell.

How did you put the words 'Hartlepool' and 'Monkey' in the same sentence without mentioning the hanging? :fastasleep:

Yes we couldn't be that generous,

But it is a really good offer, clubs in future could provide a sliding scale. I mean, if we said if we hit 15,000 season tickets they would all cost £250, I think that would be a decent offer.

I have suggested something similar to a few mates with regards to the new ground at Ashton Vale when it is completed.

If City sell 20000 discounted S/T @ £275 ( as an average to include OAPS, U16s, Studes, Caviar munchers etc), with prices fixed for the first three years, this would help boost average gates and give the club a larger pool of regulars buying replica kit, pies, beers, programmes, draw tickets etc.

When you work out that in gross S/T receipts, the club would receive £16.5M, it's not such a daft suggestion........and priceless PR :city: :city:

It is a good idea if you're struggling.

If we were in league 2 then we would have to do something like this.

I think Bradford and a couple other teams do this also. It's either to fill a big (empty) stadium or be competitive against other near by league teams, such as the situation Hartlepool. Also makes football more affordable which is rare!

Archived