IGNORED

Soccer A.m

Talk Of The Town

I feel the programme was finished 3 or 4 years ago. Flogging the same old jokes and puns to death every week.

Lovejoy got out at the right time for me. The programme is dead on its feet and Helen Chamberlain hasnt said anything funny since the 1st series.

I would be interested to know how many people still tune in every week.

I feel the programme was finished 3 or 4 years ago. Flogging the same old jokes and puns to death every week.

Lovejoy got out at the right time for me. The programme is dead on its feet and Helen Chamberlain hasnt said anything funny since the 1st series.

Couldn't agree more. I haven't watched it for at least three season's.

Its tired and predictable. Sheephead was about the last funny thing they did.

Shit since Lovejoy left!

which is depressing as I kinda grew up with it on a saturday morning before coming up to AG. Only morning show on SSN worth bothering with is the sunday supliment, (is that still on? Not had sky for 12 months)

It starting getting bad when Lovejoy was still there. Id say he jumped at the right time

Personally the only thing that changed since Lovejoy left, well not for the year following... but soon after that, was I got my weekend entertainment from BBC2 on Sunday mornings instead! Lovejoy was the show, and I find him genuinely entertaining to watch! Everything he does is worth a watch. SoccerAm lost any appeal to me when he left, it just became tired 'trying too hard' tv desperately trying to return to the better days

We have to go back - Jack Sheppard

Lovejoy said when he left the whole show needed a total rethink and he just never had the enthusiasum to do it!

He's hardly a one trick pony!

He started off making the big breakfast which was major in the 90s then went on to soccer am followed by s f t w which alot of people like including my mrs !

However saying that I've heard rumours he's a knob?

Don't watch it anymore due to training mini football but the original cast was excellent. When I do watch it I tend to get bored and switch off. I think a lot of the games, sketches etc... was the idea of Lovejoy and helped/added by the rest of the team. The old end of season dance off was so funny!

Now I simply tend to watch the build up on SSN if I'm home!

MM

Lovejoy said when he left the whole show needed a total rethink and he just never had the enthusiasum to do it!

He's hardly a one trick pony!

He started off making the big breakfast which was major in the 90s then went on to soccer am followed by s f t w which alot of people like including my mrs !

However saying that I've heard rumours he's a knob?

He's always been like that. Also, quitting the show to do the sort of cooking shows he relentlessly made fun of doesn't help matters.

I put it on for about 30 seconds, just to see how Helen Chamberlain looks. Whilst the show has regressed, I think she's got better.

Now where did I put my back copies of that adult magazine..............

To be honest the show is past its best, tired and not that funny at times but if your after a bit of easy watching TV that is football related it hasn't got a lot of competition on Saturday so it will drag on longer and longer purely because you can now get it on Sky1 as well as Sky Sports.

Lovejoy was part and parcel of the show which is obvious despite his faults. I think he sold himself out going to do the MLS show on Channel 5 and then even worse that awful cooking show where even the women have noticed he just speaks about football all the time to that scouse chef like he's his best mate or something?!

I followed Lovejoy for a while on twitter not sure if he is still on there but he just used it to promote his TV appearences so turned him off in the end it was constant self promoting rubbish (like most of twitter is!)

I put it on for about 30 seconds, just to see how Helen Chamberlain looks. Whilst the show has regressed, I think she's got better.

Now where did I put my back copies of that adult magazine..............

Hmmm have you ever seen her off camera? I saw her at the Gate a few years back when we played Torquay, and I was very unpleasantly surprised. Probably does it to avoid getting recognised and having her day ruined.

Agree with those that say it's been sh** for a number of years now since around the time Lovejoy left. The 2 blokes who have presented since alongside Helen have zero charisma. I think some of the jokes are past their sell-by-date and it's too formulaic. Still might watch the odd highlights programme, as is only on for half an hour.

Shit since Lovejoy left!

which is depressing as I kinda grew up with it on a saturday morning before coming up to AG. Only morning show on SSN worth bothering with is the sunday supliment, (is that still on? Not had sky for 12 months)

Without reading the rest of this thread this sums up my thoughts perfectly. I havent watched it for a while but it used to have some quite clever humour. After Lovejoy and Fenners left it all went a bit dire. Shame.

Without reading the rest of this thread this sums up my thoughts perfectly. I havent watched it for a while but it used to have some quite clever humour. After Lovejoy and Fenners left it all went a bit dire. Shame.

Was just about to say about Fenners. Genuinely funny bloke , Take it like a Fan is good.

I've watched Cricket AM a few ties over the summer and although it has a similar format to Soccer AM its superior in many ways. Sara-Jane Mee is the decoration with Matt Floyd as the cricket buff.

What makes it interesting is the guests. Graham Gooch today. Murali in a previous programme. The speed gun is shows up just how quick the top bowlers are with regularly reaching 90mph. The best to amateur guys managed 77mph. Medium pace in the professional game.

Last one today. Shame.

Archived