IGNORED

Good Luck Lee Peacock In Fitness Battle

poolered

Hope he makes it cant believe the idiots who dont want him to be fit. For the record his goals per game is better than Miller and Rougier is not a centre forward. Peacocks goals and assists early in the season were vital in maintaining a promotion challenge. The problem this season has been not that Wilson has played Peacock but that Danny listened to some of the fans who said that Roberts and Peacock could not play together. The Miller Peacock combination was never going to work and if you add to that the lack of service from the wings due to Murrays departure then Peacock has done well to get the goals he has.

If Peacock doesnt make it and the signs are not good then almost certainly Danny will play Miller.

3 goals in his last 24 games. Simply not good enough.Peacock is supposed to be a striker and strikers are assessed by how many goals they score.

Miller and Peacock don't gel together because they are far too alike - everyone but Wilson (and you it seems) could see that way before Wilson changed it..

When I read the thread title, "Good Luck Lee Peacock In F", the rest wasn't showing due to the size of the screen.

I assumed the topic was going to be, "Good Luck Lee Peacock In Finding Another Club"!!!

:-)

I think the point many people are frustrated with is his complete inability to score goals at the moment and the knowledge that even if he's only partially fit, Wilson will play him ahead of fitter players.

One Team

3 goals in his last 24 games. Simply not good enough.Peacock is supposed to be a striker and strikers are assessed by how many goals they score.

Miller and Peacock don't gel together because they are far too alike - everyone but Wilson (and you it seems) could see that way before Wilson changed it..

You have to assess his contribution over the season and he is top scorer by a long way. I said back in September that Miller shouldnt be in the side for two reasons :

1. Not as good as Roberts

2. Not as good as Peacock

Although you are happy to state that his goals record is not good enough I dont see too many alternatives. Millers record and all round game is worse. Lita wont get a game alongside Roberts because with the amount of long balls played there would be no one to hold the ball up. Rougier is a winger.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but posts stating that its good news he is injured is bang out of order. The same fans who consistently slag off Roberts are now having a go at Peacock and thats supposed to be support ?

Just as a general principle, would you really want a manager who was so easily swayed that he acted on what the fans wanted to do? I mean, we all have a go, its part of being a fan, but I'd be aghast if I thought anyone in power was going to actually act on what I said - I'm just a fat opinionated computer programmer from Sarf Lunnon with internet access at work and too much time on his hands.

Off to apply for a job at Rovers then ...

Guest yajrellim
You have to assess his contribution over the season and he is top scorer by a long way. I said back in September that Miller shouldnt be in the side for two reasons :

1. Not as good as Roberts

2. Not as good as Peacock

Remember Miller has never played in as physical a league as Division 2.

Peacock and Roberts have been about for a while and know the scene and should do alot better.

so to say Miller is not as good as either is way off the mark in my opinion.

for a start Miller is better in the air than the two of them and his overall awairness of things around him is better than both. Also his first touch is better than both. He just lacks that killer bit of pace, but makes up for lack of pace with good movement.

If peacock is fit DW will play him as he often sticks with the staring line up that wins there previous game no matter who changed the game coming of the bench.

I just hope miller is on the bench because he is a natural replacement for Peacock.

Archived