IGNORED

No New Signings.....

Mendip City

I think there are a number of people on here who would be very happy if we lost 4-3 today just so they're proven right and can come on here and gloat. While they ain't caulker, we didn't have wilson or spence in defence at the start of last season so i would suggest we're better off than we were this time last year

Certainly true of Spence but will Wilson play? I assume it will be Carey and Fontaine.

Caulker was class there's no denying that. But With Maynard we will score more goals.

I'm confident that defensive'ly we will be ok,I would like to see someone like Skuse playing a deep role and shielding the back 4 though, most decent sides do that.

Intact I read that the last 8 teams in the World cup all played with 2 holding midfielders.

I've long been an advocate of two holding mids- maybe Johnson would have worked out in midfield as part of a central 3 with him as the creator and one holding mid either side. Now Kilkenny would fill that role and as part of a 3 we have a greater chance of controlling the play I'd have thought.

Archived