IGNORED

Pre Match Rituals

Nogbad the Bad

In my case opening day ritual.

For as long as I can remember I've played "When the Red Red Robin" and on the B side, The Bristol City Trilogy. "On Bristol City", "There'll always be a Bristol", and "Glory, Glory, Bristol City" at full volume on the morning of the first game.

It's the record by Shag Connors and the Carrot Crunchers released to raise funds for the club in '82 so I must have been doing it for close on 30 years.doh.gif

Always puts me in the mood, doesn't always work ( like last seasonbanghead.gif ) but I wouldn't start a season without it.

I'm going to put it on again now, full volume, with the back door open, so listen out if you're in BS3.

I remember a piece in one of the papers about a City fan who always has a chat with his City gnome in his front garden before the first home game.biggrin.gif

Any other rituals out there?dunno.gif

chant6ez.gifCOME ON YOU REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSchant6ez.gif

Hard to have any rituals as we normally are off to a poor start and you have to try something new for next season :dunno:

Wen't up early, did some shopping and go to Systembolaget to buy 24 bottles (33 cl.) of Brewdogs 77 Lager "Beer for punks".

Home for breakfast and coffee and will probably go out jogging before the game. Whatever it takes for three points :bonkers:

A couple of pint's (used to go to the pub, but now meet up and have a few bevies in the back garden)reading the papers, chatting about the headlines, then the team predictions, score line... then the walk, the nod's, hellos, smiles, build of chat and murmurs, impromptu spouts of song in the air, and there we are... leaving sitting down to the last second as the team run/walk on and another 90 mins of fun, frustration, anguish, joy, boredom, excitment starts.....

Hard to have any rituals as we normally are off to a poor start and you have to try something new for next season :dunno:

Wen't up early, did some shopping and go to Systembolaget to buy 24 bottles (33 cl.) of Brewdogs 77 Lager "Beer for punks".

Home for breakfast and coffee and will probably go out jogging before the game. Whatever it takes for three points :bonkers:

So Tommy, how many bottles of "beer for punks" will you have drunk by the time Maynard gets his hat-trick today?

And does it effect your ability to write in English?

When I've had a few I think my French is better but it's probably a lot worse.

My only ritual was to always have some alcohol before a game, even in the old 11 o'clock in the morning new years day matches against the Gas I would have to have a drink.

It wasn't a superstition just too nervous to watch without a drink.

So Tommy, how many bottles of "beer for punks" will you have drunk by the time Maynard gets his hat-trick today?

And does it effect your ability to write in English?

When I've had a few I think my French is better but it's probably a lot worse.

My only ritual was to always have some alcohol before a game, even in the old 11 o'clock in the morning new years day matches against the Gas I would have to have a drink.

It wasn't a superstition just too nervous to watch without a drink.

Just opened the first bottle. Over the day 6-10 bottles and half of them before Maynards hat-trick I believe :)

When I go to games I'm happy with two pints before kick off.

Scottish beer Lager 77.

Pre match ritual is down to the shops to buy valium, a cut throat razor and a noose.

All of which are required for the post match ritual!!

Any suggestions of which to use first????:shocking:

Archived