IGNORED

Online Tickets

bringbacktherobin

Why o why do the club continue to treat the eastend differently to the rest of the ground?

I went online to buy west brom tickets, found out you couldnt. Got told you had to either call up or go to the shop, i went to the shop and the lady behind the counter still had to find out if she was allowed to sell them.

One off i thought, again, gone to try to get a swindon ticket online, surprise surprise "sold out", so that's either another trip to the shop, or a telephone call.

The clubs lucky to have any support after that rubbish on saturday, but then to purposely make it harder for people to claim their own season ticket seat, is plain stupid.

Sort it out city.

Its pay on the day for swindon fans, so its actually easier for me to walk up to the away end, pay £10 and go in that part of the east end, than for where my seat is.

The Supporters Trust met with club officials early in July and the following statement was presented to inform the ongoing issue of restrictions to enter the East end:

The Trust and everyone involved in making the East End what it is are nearing the point of exhaustion when it comes to seeking a fair deal to access the stand. The £20 membership levy comes on the back of other restrictive practices, which in other walks of life could be considered discriminatory.

We believe we finally saw the ultimate double standard in the game against Nottingham Forest last season. Forest themselves warned their fans that due to acts of vandalism and trouble at Hull, Doncaster, Barnsley and Watford (including a fire), tickets must be purchased in advance using a client reference number and no tickets will be available on the day. With less than 24 hours to go to kick off they were able to announce that "due to the amount of tickets still remaining for this fixture, Bristol City have stated that this fixture is no longer all ticket and payment can made by paying cash at the turnstile on the day."

We call upon the football club to finally make the right decision and drop the membership restriction and allow the floating fan to pay on the day and choose where they want to watch their football.

Speaking to the football club at the end of last week, it is clear that restrictions will not be dropped. There is some mitigation in that match day prices are discounted to the extent that the membership fee of £20 can be recovered after 4 games. It is also possible that future low cost ticket promotions may apply to the East end. However, that really does not tackle the main issue.

Bringbacktherobin has highlighted just one of the hurdles that fans have to jump through to even get a legitimate ticket for the East End for the Swindon game. From personal experience I can add the following:

• I joined the queue on Saturday (Ipswich) to purchase a Swindon ticket. I took the view very quickly that I was in for a long wait, so I gave up. The reason I was in the queue was the non-availability of online tickets and to avoid the 0870 (10p per minute) and card payment charges over the phone.
  • The Trust board are all season ticket holders, sitting in various parts of the ground. We decided to try and all see the game together in one stand. Arguably, we could choose any stand, however, the East End is unreserved seating and 6 of them had not been in there since it re-openend. Yes, you've guessed it, you have to be either a season ticket holder for the East End or a member. It would not be possible for 6 of the 8 season ticket holders to buy a ticket for the Swindon game in that stand. However, the 2 East End Season Ticket holders could buy one for any other stand.
  • On Saturday, I met up with friends and family to travel to the game. One family member, who hardly ever attends games asked if he could come too. You've guessed it again, I said he would have to purchase a £20 membership as well as his ticket. He didn't take me up on the offer.

I have heard all the operational, health and safety and commercial arguments put forward. The main issue has always been about "knowing who is in the stand". All this goes out the window though as soon as the club make it pay on the day for visiting fans, even those that have a recent history of disorder at away games like Forest.

I do think that the operational constraints are dictating this policy, rather than enabling existing and new fans to do what they do best, "support their club".

Hardly "bringing people together" (as it said in the email I received from the club this morning) is it?

I just fail see how they cannot sell a season ticket holder a ticket, without the need for them to go down to the ground or ring up. The rules make no sense, even when you want to buy your own ticket, the club makes it hard for you.

The club doesnt come out and say "Due to the system we have, and our current wedlock stand rules, season ticket holders will not be able to buy tickets online". The club are lucky a friend of mine has already bought a ticket and i said i would go with him a few weeks ago, otherwise after saturdays shambles, and the rules around getting a ticket, they would have one less fan.

The clubs lucky to have any support after that rubbish on saturday, but then to purposely make it harder for people to claim their own season ticket seat, is plain stupid.

Fo0k em' didnt get a season ticket this year along with 3 other mates, we only like standing on the EE yet from past experiences i know its going to be a complete NIGHTMARE to get any sort of potd tickes in there this season. So im inclined too just not bother to go to the Gate at all this season, as shoking as that sounds i cannot be arsed to watch the Shite on the pitch and on top of that have restrictions on where i bloody watch it, as you said they should be lucky to have anyone coming down.

More casual support lost, well done city :yes:

More casual support lost, well done city :yes:

Any ST holder in the East End, cannot bring mates to matches for a one off match. I've always got mates who would like to come to a game but cannot - because it costs 20 quid extra.

I also wanted to take the whole family to the last game against hull, but I would have had to get membership for all of them - for a one off game!! That would have been 50-100 quid on top of match tickets.

The are losing out big time on casual supporters in the EE - plus potential supporters

Any ST holder in the East End, cannot bring mates to matches for a one off match. I've always got mates who would like to come to a game but cannot - because it costs 20 quid extra.

I also wanted to take the whole family to the last game against hull, but I would have had to get membership for all of them - for a one off game!! That would have been 50-100 quid on top of match tickets.

The are losing out big time on casual supporters in the EE - plus potential supporters

That extra 50-100 quid on doesnt even let you buy some of the deals the club offers. club might say you get a discount but its not its an added cost because people in the atyoe can get discounts family deals which the EE doesnt get.

I think you will find the EE sold out regardless of being a seaon ticket holder/member there were 34 available last Tuesday and non ST/members could purchase online for that part of the ground.

I know because Im neither a memeber or ST holder and managed to get five :clapping: saying that they havent arrived in the post yet :unsure:

I think you will find the EE sold out regardless of being a seaon ticket holder/member there were 34 available last Tuesday and non ST/members could purchase online for that part of the ground.

I know because Im neither a memeber or ST holder and managed to get five :clapping: saying that they havent arrived in the post yet :unsure:

Really?

I would love to hear what has gone on there with the ticketing system then.

Just rang up and got a ticket.

It seems they have a habit of doing what they wish online with ee tickets, spoke to a friend who got his ticket online without a problem three weeks ago.

Still havent had my 5 tickets for my family for the Eastend, so rang the club, money had been taken from my account and a receipt issued with booking number from online booking.

I have just been informed the tickets were not sent as I am not a member and I cannot have them, I had no call from the club and had to pay the poxy phone rate to be asked if I wanted to purchase a membership for each person and or a family season ticket. :badmood:

I had no letter or phone call to say they werent being issued or an apology.

I am disgusted at the club and I have asked for my money back and myself and my family will not be attending the Swindon game or any other this season Im sick of the shambles that is Bristol City :ranting:

Still havent had my 5 tickets for my family for the Eastend, so rang the club, money had been taken from my account and a receipt issued with booking number from online booking.

I have just been informed the tickets were not sent as I am not a member and I cannot have them, I had no call from the club and had to pay the poxy phone rate to be asked if I wanted to purchase a membership for each person and or a family season ticket. :badmood:

I am disgusted at the club and I have asked for my money back and myself and my family will not be attending the Swindon game or any other this season Im sick of the shambles that is Bristol City :ranting:

The club could have offered you a free ticket in another stand for their mistake.

That IS a p!ss take.

Crazy part is (apart from the not even contacting me to let me know :phone: ) I was told I can not go in the East End on "police advise" but I can go down on the day and by 5 tickets for the away end :nono:

I have sent an e-mail to the club as I believe they may be breaking the sale of goods act.

Too be honest I dont give a monkeys ass about watching them any more, the atmospheres gone and the football is dire, but my lads were keen on going in the East End for the first time :dunno:

Watching the Sheff Weds vs Blackpool game last night and seeing the stadium almost empty and the drop in attendances at the gate you would think they would be doing everything they can to get bums on seats....................The clubs loss.

I went online to buy west brom tickets, found out you couldnt. Got told you had to either call up or go to the shop, i went to the shop and the lady behind the counter still had to find out if she was allowed to sell them.

It's mad, I fancied going in EE for a one off for that match but too much hassle. Also I aint paying for a membership when I am an ST golder. Ended up in usual stand - the EE had about 10 people in it :laugh::tumbleweed:

Archived