IGNORED

Gas Game Off

TMWANG50

I know it was a derby but it was only a League Cup game with low attendance expected and it wasn't with a trad rival like Cardiff.

I reckon our game could've gone ahead with just stewards and a dozen or so rozzers.

Swindon bringing a thousand down the rumour, quite a few by train, Swindon fans leaving Bristol who came by coach 10pm, if extra time later it had to be called of sureley?

Swindon bringing a thousand down the rumour, quite a few by train, Swindon fans leaving Bristol who came by coach 10pm, if extra time later it had to be called of sureley?

I just see that there would ever be any trouble at that sort of game.

Lots of Swindon fans may have taken advantage of the good rail links but I can't imagine many of our mob turning up for a Tuesday night potential humiliation in domestic football's most meaningless competition. Only old farts like me who go to every home game! laughcont.gif

I'm not annoyed by the postponement - although it's going to be much tougher for me to watch the rearranged fixture because I have work that day - it's just sad when you know it wouldn't have required that much policing.

I just see that there would ever be any trouble at that sort of game.

Lots of Swindon fans may have taken advantage of the good rail links but I can't imagine many of our mob turning up for a Tuesday night potential humiliation in domestic football's most meaningless competition. Only old farts like me who go to every home game! laughcont.gif

I'm not annoyed by the postponement - although it's going to be much tougher for me to watch the rearranged fixture because I have work that day - it's just sad when you know it wouldn't have required that much policing.

Millen has said in the EP, that part of the reason was because there may of been trouble between us and Swindon, i'm sure that is from football intelligance sources, i maybe wrong but we haven't played them for along time and there has been some clashes before with them and us. They were expecting trouble his quoted words.

The risk of further rioting in Bristol remains and its common sense that the gas game is postponed just as ours was.

Absolutely.

I understand the 'why should we let them affect us' argument but one police officer martialing a football match is one police officer not helping to maintain the peace on our streets.

As someone else mentioned, crowd will congregate and fill Gloucester Rd both before and after game so this decision makes just as much, if not more, sense than yesterday's.

Archived