IGNORED

Football Manager 2012

DaveF

Last year I remember someone came onto the forums to ask our opinions on the city players on fm 11, asking what ratings we thought would be fair etc so he could put them into the game. Does anyone know if the same will happen this year? :) hopefully Reid will have potential and Stead, Pitman and Adomah will be improved!

Hello, I've taken over from the previous FM Researcher for Bristol City recently. I've spoken to a lot of other City fans about the ratings.

As I've only just taken over I can confirm that improvements have been made to Pitman and Albert. I wanted to improve Albert a lot more but it would have meant that he would have become a Premier League class player from a League 2 class player in less than a year and I was shouted down :(, I couldn't really justify more improvements to Stead. What attribute of his do you think were lacking?

In terms of Reid and Edwards there have been slight improvements to potential and current ability but nothing spectacular as they've only made a handful of first team appearances between them.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, though there will be no Lional Messi-esk players in the squad.

For what its worth the players I have made worse are Stewart, Hunt, Carey and sadly Ribs due to his injury problems.

But at the end of the day, that is the reality of it!!

I'd give him an ability of 130 at the very least - he was a class above last season - even when he was double marked.

We'll also struggle to keep hold of him I feel.

We cant give an improvement of that much based just on 1 season - the improvement I wanted was substantial though so hope I've got the balance right. 130 would be a regular starter for a lot of Prem teams - and far to much.

Think its hard not to get giddy about Albert as he was one of the only positive things from last season.

We cant give an improvement of that much based just on 1 season - the improvement I wanted was substantial though so hope I've got the balance right. 130 would be a regular starter for a lot of Prem teams - and far to much.

Think its hard not to get giddy about Albert as he was one of the only positive things from last season.

130 though would'nt do much in the prem?? at least 120 then?

I know it was one season, but he was so good so often, I think he's more than proved himself to be a top player.

For 2012 - Cant remember off the top of my head but I imagine something around 112 or 113.

Thanks for the info anyway.

My opinion for what its worth is that is way too low, when you consider McAllister was a little more than that on 2011!

I usually find when the new release of FM comes out the staff information is all incorrect (David Lee was assistant in the demo last year etc), so if you could make sure that's correct this year that would be a good start. The Official City website was good last year for finding the correct info.

The player ratings are usually fair IMO, new signings are rated by their previous teams researchers so last year Albert was rubbish on the game as the barnet researcher did his stats when he was a league two player. He could do with an improvement and 120 is about right, as we haven't seen him against Premier League opposition yet.

Nicky Maynard's stats are good for a Championship striker (Finishing/off the ball/composure all mid teens).

Pitman, Bolaisie (SP?), James Wilson and JCR should be looked at for a boost as their stats are pretty low (still league 1/2 level). Not massive improvements but they should have good enough stats to warrant a starting position in the team.

I agree with Mr Wendall on downgrading Stewart, Hunt, Carey and Ribs, I would throw Clarkson into that lot also as he always seems to get into the team ahead of Maynard when the AI is managing City. Maybe lower his reputation?

Stead was fine he just needs very high work rate which he didn't have last time.

Pitman was completely useless last game so hopefully his finishing and off the ball will be upped!

James Wilson might need a slight improving now he's coming back from injury and looked good.

Albert's potential ability could be around 135-145?

Do you have any insight into City's players wages? Cos last year Pitman was on 10k and James 20k!

Stead was fine he just needs very high work rate which he didn't have last time.

Pitman was completely useless last game so hopefully his finishing and off the ball will be upped!

James Wilson might need a slight improving now he's coming back from injury and looked good.

Albert's potential ability could be around 135-145?

Do you have any insight into City's players wages? Cos last year Pitman was on 10k and James 20k!

i could not believe pitman's wages was 10k. especially when he starts in the reserves.

good job i noticed it cuz that's quite a chunk of the budget that City start with. Could get a few prem kids for that.

would explain why we lose £6 million a year.

For the record I cant touch any of the new signings as they are rated by the previous teams researchers.

Can you list what you know of the back room staff, just incase I've missed anyone).

Wages wise I totally agree with the James and Pitman salaries - moved James down to 15k and Pitman down to 8k.

Maybe, you can ask SI, to add something of an unofficial link with England for their youngsters, whilst wigley is at the club. We've had Spence, Caulker and Rose.

I know it's probabaly too complicated - just an idea to help make it a little more realistic?

Right guys, I see a lot of talk On here about this game but have never played it. Obviously a lot of you rate it so I have a some questions if you don't mind.

How in depth is it?

Do you play the games or just manage them?

If you cant play the game, can it be synced with FIFA so I manage the club but get to play the game aswell?

What is the best computer format for it (pc or games console)?

Right guys, I see a lot of talk On here about this game but have never played it. Obviously a lot of you rate it so I have a some questions if you don't mind.

How in depth is it?

If you cant play the game, can it be synced with FIFA so I manage the club but get to play the game aswell?

How in depth is it?

Its as depth as you want it to be really, you can do the training, scout for players, basically sort everything a manager can do, you be lazy and get your assistant managers to do it.

Manage them

No

PC.

How in depth is it?

Its very in depth. Some very small clubs have been known to use the database - clubs that usually cant afford scouts!

FIFA has their own Manager Mode now I believe and as far as I'm aware you would'nt be able to sync it with Football Manager.

PC is the best for me - not sure they make one for consoles?

make sure you get the board room changes in as there has been a complete re-hash, also the training ground needs to be adding (I think we had avg last time 10 needs to be up to 13 now)

IMO nyatanga's stats need to be lowered slighty thats all I can think of

Archived