IGNORED

For All The People Who Want Millen Out...

CiderArmyy

Let's see what he chooses in terms of a back 4, next game. I would suggest most of the errors that led to goals on Saturday came from poor midfield decisions and 2 from goal keeping decisions. Not really a defensive issue in my mind

Does it matter what back four he choose's? were gonna leak goals.

Our defence was terrible until the signing of caulker made it quite solid..... Caulker is no longer here - it does not take rocket science to realise the defence will be terrible again - but it seems it is rocket science for Millen.

The midfield only compounded our problems and also showed how clueless Millen is. We can't play nice football with Skuse and Elliott in midfield - just cant retain possesion.

Our defence was terrible until the signing of caulker made it quite solid..... Caulker is no longer here - it does not take rocket science to realise the defence will be terrible again - but it seems it is rocket science for Millen.

The midfield only compounded our problems and also showed how clueless Millen is. We can't play nice football with Skuse and Elliott in midfield - just cant retain possesion.

OK manager Riaz, given the players at Millen's disposal who would you play in midfield? You know ones that can play 'nice football'.

why do you think he signed kilkenny? Clearly he didn't play him from the start because he missed a lot of pre season. So I think that arguement is shortsighted

why do you think he signed kilkenny? Clearly he didn't play him from the start because he missed a lot of pre season. So I think that arguement is shortsighted

Kilkenny played 90 minutes for Australia only a few days later - if he's fit enough for international football - then he's fit enough for us!

Kilkenny played 90 minutes for Australia only a few days later - if he's fit enough for international football - then he's fit enough for us!

A friendly. Very different to a competative game, surely you can see that

You just answered your own question. Riaz, I'm not sure where your argument is going

The fact that millen played an 11 that was'nt goot enough last year - but suddenly think they would be this year for some reason.

The fact that he never played Kilkenny

The fact that with Skuse and Elliott in midfield we were trying to play passing football, when neither are comfotable on the ball.

All basic stuff.

Let's just all calm down we've all had a bit to much fruit this morning! Let's see where we are in ten games and let's hope he plays a team that is built around killkenny! I'm a fan of what milly has achieved so far but I can't defend our Ipswich performance!

If we were and I hope it's not the case to need a new manager odrisscoll would be my choice. Great football on a shoe string budget. If we have to recoup money lost for a few years he would be ideal but we all know getting him isn't cheap and paying up yet another managers contract ain't cheap either!

I recommend we all take a liquid lunch to contemplate :-)

Let's just all calm down we've all had a bit to much fruit this morning! Let's see where we are in ten games and let's hope he plays a team that is built around killkenny! I'm a fan of what milly has achieved so far but I can't defend our Ipswich performance!

If we were and I hope it's not the case to need a new manager odrisscoll would be my choice. Great football on a shoe string budget. If we have to recoup money lost for a few years he would be ideal but we all know getting him isn't cheap and paying up yet another managers contract ain't cheap either!

Nah - you should call me a tosser... you know it makes sense :winner_third_h4h:

I actually agree with everything you say apart from the highlighted portion.

The fact that millen played an 11 that was'nt goot enough last year - but suddenly think they would be this year for some reason.

The fact that he never played Kilkenny

The fact that with Skuse and Elliott in midfield we were trying to play passing football, when neither are comfotable on the ball.

All basic stuff.

Good grief......facepalm.gif This is hard work....

Tell us what alternatives our manager has?

Yep, thats one.

Or......go route one? Your obviously joking....

If Kilkenny is not available (which he was) then a more direct approach is the only way with the players available.

I realise you football purist wont understand that - but then again you would be happy if we were in the conference knocking the ball round and not scoring. At least it would look nice..... to you.

Good grief......facepalm.gif This is hard work....

Tell us what alternatives our manager has?

EXACTLY!

He squandered our pittance on more wingers and strikers!

we have now got 10 wingers and strikers, but not one commanding centre back or a decent left back!

OK manager Riaz, given the players at Millen's disposal who would you play in midfield? You know ones that can play 'nice football'.

Two issues here:

Millen has had a full season in charge of playing affairs. He should be able to see where our weaknesses lay. Why hasn't he bought in players who CAN play 'nice' football. But then why sign a player from a higher Championship side in the close season.......and then leave him on the bench in favour of the ******g dross that failed so miserably last season?

Point two: ANYONE can play nice football. But players play the way they've been instructed - which is why you always slagged off Johnson and his tactics.......If the manager doesn't want to play nice football then the team wont. Maybe the fear of losing outweighs the thrill of winning and/or entertaining for Millen!

As an example, take your beloved Arsenal....Fantastic footballing fayre under Wenger, but if he was replaced by, let's say, Big Sam maybe the style of play wouldn't be so eye pleasing, even with their existing players??

EXACTLY!

He squandered our pittance on more wingers and strikers!

we have now got 10 wingers and strikers, but not one commanding centre back or a decent left back!

I despair....... disapointed2se.gif

Come on Riaz your're not usually this stubborn.

Bolasie and Taylor are young guys with potential and you know very well that Millen has missed out on defender 5 targets. Its not as if he's been ignoring the problem.

Two issues here:

Millen has had a full season in charge of playing affairs. He should be able to see where our weaknesses lay. Why hasn't he bought in players who CAN play 'nice' football. But then why sign a player from a higher Championship side in the close season.......and then leave him on the bench in favour of the ******g dross that failed so miserably last season?

I can't defend Millen on that decision. I'm as puzzled as everyone else.

Point two: ANYONE can play nice football. But players play the way they've been instructed - which is why you always slagged off Johnson and his tactics.......If the manager doesn't want to play nice football then the team wont. Maybe the fear of losing outweighs the thrill of winning and/or entertaining for Millen!

Millen knows very well that the dreary style Johnson served up created plenty of critism and will not go down the same road. Millen wants to produce entertaining football, two wingers every game tells you that. That said its not that easy with the players at his disposal.

I despair....... disapointed2se.gif

Come on Riaz your're not usually this stubborn.

Bolasie and Taylor are young guys with potential and you know very well that Millen has missed out on defender 5 targets. Its not as if he's been ignoring the problem.

Ah yes, but now we can't afford to bring in this defender from man city until we shipped someone out.

People said "we can't bring in in order of priority" fair enough

Now we are told we are in a position where we can't sign anyone, despite buying two players which werent desperately needed.

You will keep saying Millen knows the problems and will address them. Well actions speak louder than words and we are currently snookered, thanks partly at least to Millen

Ah yes, but now we can't afford to bring in this defender from man city until we shipped someone out.

People said "we can't bring in in order of priority" fair enough

Now we are told we are in a position where we can't sign anyone, despite buying two players which werent desperately needed.

You will keep saying Millen knows the problems and will address them. Well actions speak louder than words and we are currently snookered, thanks partly at least to Millen

Have to agree with you Riaz , I assume Millen was aware of his budget in the summer and I was one of those who was not worried about the Bolasie & Taylor signings until the annoucement that players have to go before anyone comes in. If that has been the case all summer then Millen has dropped the ball , if the board have suddenly changed the rules , well that's a different scenario altogether

Millen knows very well that the dreary style Johnson served up created plenty of critism and will not go down the same road. Millen wants to produce entertaining football, two wingers every game tells you that. That said its not that easy with the players at his disposal.

Will not go down the same road????? The football is that bad that you would think they live in the same bloody street.

You say that because he plays two wingers his intention is to produce entertaining football?

Yet Johnsons "dreary" style of football included McIndoe and Sproule? Not only TWO wingers, but one left footed and one right footed!!!!

Millen uses Adomah and Cambell Ryce.

i) Adomah had a good first season. He will be hard pushed to equal, or better it as defences are now more aware of him.

ii) Cambell Ryce is right footed. He is never found on the left wing, other than when we are taking our numerous kick offs! He is useless.

Millen (like Johnson before him) craved a natural left sided player. Millen signed one ...........then dropped him in favour of the completely useless double barrelled wandering "star"

I can not accept that Millen can blame the bland, aimless football on the players at his disposal. He is ultimately responsible.

Ha ! It's like a Gordon Ramsey party we all sit around a table drinking cider telling each other to f off! Brilliant !

Then we shake hands and do it again the next Saturday!

Dare I ask, did your nephew enjoy the game?

No he didnt. But he did tell my sister that he wants to go to West Ham with us!!

I can not accept that Millen can blame the bland, aimless football on the players at his disposal. He is ultimately responsible.

''You can't make a silk purse out of a pigs ear'' I'm sure you've heard that before.

Millen has a fairly average bunch of players at his disposal. In my view only around a dozen are Championship quality. I gauge that by working out how many of our regular first teamers would get into teams like QPR of last season or West Ham of this. One maybe.

There lies the difference and the problems Millen has.

No matter how good a coach you might be, if you are dealing with average players then playing Champaign football is almost impossible. The players aren't good enough.

Good coaches will utilise their resources in the most effective way. That means that it may not be pretty but if it brings points then they are doing a good job. Give Millen some credit for getting a very average squad up to 15th in the league.

Archived