IGNORED

Manager Or Coach Watching From The Stands...

spudski

... I've never understood why more of them don't do this.

You can see absolutely **** all on the touch line, especially at Ashton Gate, where we have such a big camber on the pitch.

With todays technology, it's so simple to have a pair of eyes watching from higher up, seeing how the game is shaping, and another at pitch side, connected by a mic and earpiece.

It dawned on me at the Ipswich game, just how much space there was on the left flank, that wasn't being utilised. It was so obvious, yet no action was taken.

There has to be a reason why they don't do it...any thoughts?

I'd prefer to have a coach up there giving KM information - I always like my Manager close to the action so he immediately change things.

Same here... I've watched Wiggers and Milly standing there deliberating on things, taking an eternity to make decisions.

Surely if wiggers was up in the stand watching and giving a different perspective on the game, it would help immensly.

TBH...neither of them seem to shout much instruction from the bench during a game. Occasionally the odd shout and point...but not much by comparison of other managers.

I mean, how much influence does a manager have during the game? Not a lot at all.

I believe Harry Redknapp who is being touted as a potential England manager once apparently gave Pavlyuchenko the instructions"flippin run about a bit "when sending him on as a late sub, it does make you wonder whether it is a case of the Emperor's new clothes and anyone with a bit of man management experience could do the job.

... I've never understood why more of them don't do this.

You can see absolutely **** all on the touch line, especially at Ashton Gate, where we have such a big camber on the pitch.

With todays technology, it's so simple to have a pair of eyes watching from higher up, seeing how the game is shaping, and another at pitch side, connected by a mic and earpiece.

It dawned on me at the Ipswich game, just how much space there was on the left flank, that wasn't being utilised. It was so obvious, yet no action was taken.

There has to be a reason why they don't do it...any thoughts?

Good point. Think a senior staff member in the upper tiers of the Williams/DullMoan would work a treat, with walkie talkie/mobile phone contact. Decisions would not be delayed anymore than they are now.

well it does make you think...

When on Scouting missions, where does the manager or Scout sit? Generally in the Directors box with the best view of the pitch. He can see everything going on. Not in the dugout.

I've often felt over the years, Teams haven't made substitutions or formation changes quick enough to be effective. So many players come on in the last 10/15 minutes and don't have enough time to make an impact.

There was a glaring amount of space to exploit against Ipswich in the first half of the game. It was obvious to everyone around me in the Dolman that we weren't exploiting it...Why couldn't the manager see it?

Pro Zone is fine. It can give you loads of information, so you can set a game plan, but you have to be able to react quickly during the game, when thing's are not going to plan. You have to see it with your own eye's. I think managers have become over reliant on facts and figures and need to be a little more broad minded.

This is a very good point, never really thought about this before. It is obviously a good advantage being higher up to see the field of play. I have noticed that alex ferguson and the man utd team/coaches sit higher up by 8 or 10 seats. and ferguson will come down everynow and then to shout instructions. perhaps we should have this incorperated into our new stadium? if it isnt already in the design, maybe someone could get in touch with the club.

p.s keep the away dugout still on the touchline, advantage to us. :laughcont:

Archived