IGNORED

We Need A Clear Out?

bangers

Look at Cardiff.....new manager with a new squad....Fresh and hungry.

A lot of our squad are out of contract in July.....do a Cardiff and let most of them go???? We all know Millen isn't the answer.

We look poor and for the past 3 years we have lacked that bit of hunger and fight.

Thoughts???

Defiantly. Personally I think the whole coaching setup needs a clear out with the 10 or so out of contract and start a fresh. 23 1st teamers with a few kids (Reid, Holloway, Edwards, Bobby M) and streamline the whole club a bit to be more professional. It is absolutely vital that we stay up.

Of the current crop I'd keep Maynard, Albert, Pitman, Stead, and id like to see more of Kilkenny. I wouldn't be sorry to see any other player leave.

According to Super Keith "This was a game to enjoy".........just wondering if any of the supporters who paid to travel and watch this game "enjoyed" it?

Massive clear out needed starting with the manager,need someone with passion and some balls to stand up to theses over payed prima-donna's who are probably kicking back about now in there 1/2 million pound plus houses in portishead,were a laughing stock and have been for a few years now,when i work away and get talking to people about football im embarrassed sometimes to say im a City fan................

Clearly there will be a clear out of the players who have been sidelined by Keith when contracts run out but my concern is that the regular picks who have been here a long time and are very comfortable with a mediocrity that makes them a very nice living will still be around nevertheless. Performances like today, of which there were plenty last season too, are not the fault of the players Keith rightly wants to move out but of his favourites. The size of the required clear out is much bigger than is likely imo but as others have said there are far too many on and off the field who are in their comfort zone and I see nothing in the culture of the club that suggests that will change any time soon.

All the ones listed at the top are out of contract.....so if no1 comes in for them they still will leave.....meaning less strain on the wage bill.

I can't help but feel this season will just be about consolodation....

Hopefully next season will see a completely new management team, with new ideas resulting in a complete overhaul in the squad.....seems to be working at Cardiff, Ipswich etc.

Cardiff had a clear out because they had a load of players either out of contract or with their loans expiring. We on the other have a load of players under contract that our manager, and the vast majority of us think aren't good enough. From what I understand, about 15 of our squad have their contracts up at the end of this season. That worries me. A club fighting relegation with players who know they won't be here next season. Not a good combination whoever is manager.

That, more than anything is what unsettles me about the no sell, no buy policy that has been imposed on Keith Millen. He was allowed to take a punt on promising players from League 2 as they cost little in terms of wages and fees. We've had a go at free transfers and got one but have lost out on many more. This season appears to have been chosen by SL as a season for retrenchment - tighten the belts, stay up and then whoever the manager is next summer can go and buy a squad with a degree of freedom. I'm no happy clapper - the cups always half empty, but Millen needs to be backed and the team does. We are in a scrap and will get out of it if we stick together. Sacking him now would be a sign of weakness and panic an probably be one we regret.

Clubs with supporters whose expectations are realistic tend to be more successful. Clubs with ideas above their station are noticeable for their failures. We are about to have the season we expected to have when we were promoted.

We do need a clear out but it's not the players that need to go.

Obviously, and indisputably, Millen must go.

But then, most importantly, we MUST clear out the entire coaching staff at Bristol City football club.

Then, we must stop the coaches' mothers coming to the club.

I don't want anything to do with the current coaching staff anywhere near Bristol City football club. Sack them all.

Cardiff had a clear out because they had a load of players either out of contract or with their loans expiring. We on the other have a load of players under contract that our manager, and the vast majority of us think aren't good enough. From what I understand, about 15 of our squad have their contracts up at the end of this season. That worries me. A club fighting relegation with players who know they won't be here next season. Not a good combination whoever is manager.

That, more than anything is what unsettles me about the no sell, no buy policy that has been imposed on Keith Millen. He was allowed to take a punt on promising players from League 2 as they cost little in terms of wages and fees. We've had a go at free transfers and got one but have lost out on many more. This season appears to have been chosen by SL as a season for retrenchment - tighten the belts, stay up and then whoever the manager is next summer can go and buy a squad with a degree of freedom. I'm no happy clapper - the cups always half empty, but Millen needs to be backed and the team does. We are in a scrap and will get out of it if we stick together. Sacking him now would be a sign of weakness and panic an probably be one we regret.

Clubs with supporters whose expectations are realistic tend to be more successful. Clubs with ideas above their station are noticeable for their failures. We are about to have the season we expected to have when we were promoted.

Agreed, glad there`s someone who`s thought about it a bit.

PDG

So you are happy that the players we have are good enough and some of them who have been here for years are not comfortatble and taking the piss ?

Some of our players would be happy in leagues one or two as long as they have an easy life - is that acceptable ?

I'd like to see these wasters ****ed off before Millen.

Couldn't agree more.

Not true in fact

So we're deliberately holding on to players who can't get into our team at present?

Seems unlikely.

The Bard is quite right, we have the unenviable combination of large numbers of the squad who are unwanted and even more of it out of contract in 2012. All that this season can be about is staying up and then starting again with a significantly different one in 2012/13.

So we're deliberately holding on to players who can't get into our team at present?

Seems unlikely.

The Bard is quite right, we have the unenviable combination of large numbers of the squad who are unwanted and even more of it out of contract in 2012. All that this season can be about is staying up and then starting again with a significantly different one in 2012/13.

That would appear to be the case

That would appear to be the case

Can I ask how you know this ? It just seems incredible that the club would keep players who will never play for us at the club instead of cutting them loose and saving money, if that is the situation then the club has lost the plot.

So you are happy that the players we have are good enough and some of them who have been here for years are not comfortatble and taking the piss ?

Some of our players would be happy in leagues one or two as long as they have an easy life - is that acceptable ?

I'd like to see these wasters ****ed off before Millen.

No, I didn't say any of the above. But, a good manager will recognise when a player is on cruise control and either kick them up the backside or drop them.

Perhaps Millen is doing this with Carey. But Carey has been like this for years so why give him an extra year's contract (whilst moaning about not having money to bring in new players....).

I cannot fathom why McAllister cannot head a ball or kick with his right foot. Just how bad does Elliot's first touch have to become?

Why do our entire midfield run away from the defence whilst never catching up with our forwards?

How many times must Nyatanga hoof the ball into touch? What is James doing throwing the ball to the opposition? Why does Maynard never win a header and why do our players think that he might?

What are our management and coaching staff doing? Taking it comfortably and taking the piss. Sack them all.

He doesn't. He thinks nobody rates Ribs and we should let him go for nothing.

Clearly the club rate him high enough to turn down the bid (if there even was one, Fatty has a reputation)

Katie you really are a supercilious little ponce your posturising and posts are starting to annoy me...

Please post something factual or interesting.....you know nothing of the situation.

Seems its you who have a fixation with Ribeiro...did i mention him ?

Dont bother trying to post an acidic retort it just underlines the gravity of your immaturity...move on young man ....

I would like to clear the squad and start again, only keeping a few players we have at the moment.

I agre with your sentiment, but... who's going to pay decent money for our rejects? Millen can't buy until he sells so it looks like we're stuck with Manager & players until further notice.

Katie you really are a supercilious little ponce your posturising and posts are starting to annoy me...

Please post something factual or interesting.....you know nothing of the situation.

Seems its you who have a fixation with Ribeiro...did i mention him ?

Dont bother trying to post an acidic retort it just underlines the gravity of your immaturity...move on young man ....

And that, MC Risk, is a bite.

Archived