IGNORED

Fed Up

NailseaRed

Is it just me or is anyone else really fed up of how cr@p all our merchandise is?

I wonder how popular the ashton gate range is and how much casual wear the club actually sells. It does say something if a few of you guys can out sell the official stuff made by the shirt makers!!

I just wonder if it's about time we looked at this seriously and started making some decent stuff for us fans to wear. I wouldn't be seen dead in most of the stuff in the club shop. It seems it's aimed at 9 year olds yet in adult sizes aswell! :laugh: Am i alone or do i have a point? :o

Guest bcfcsols

In the words of MJ - You are not alone. Some of the stuff available to staff is nice such as the tracksuits etc. but these arent available for supporters to buy

I hate it when we go to teams like Wigan etc who have popular companies making their kits and all there leisure wear is very stylish. I can'r believe that we haven't got any play-off final merchandise in yet as Brighton have got loads and are making an absolute packed from it and so will the stalls out side Cardiff as that is the only place City fans can buy anything. When coming out of the gate on sat there was a couple of people around selling red flags etc and that is what people were doing as it was the only thing around.

Agree wholeheartedly with what you say.

Went into the shop yesterday for the first time in ages and whilst I did not expect to see any special play-off stuff I just could not get over how inept the general level of merchandise was and how it was presented.

A negative perception of the shop has been aired on here several times before and I just wonder what retail experience if any is possessed by the manager !

Probably ex.Army like Richard Gould !!

Does anyone know how long we are contracted to TFG for? I doubt we get many big offers but hopefully if we get to division 1 someone half decent will realise we have a great market for leisurewear if the clothes are aimed at the right age group! I can't see TFG challenging Nike and Adidas!!

I agree TOTALLY.

I am not a fan of TFG at all. I am not bothering with this seasons shirt as in my view it is very poor quality for £40 compared to for example an England shirt which is £15 cheaper!!

Its a shame as I obviously want to support the club financially as much as possible (I have bought a season ticket for next season already)

As soon as we're rid of TFG the better. I seriously think there are people on here with much better ideas than TFG for sure. Just be nice to have some casual wear that you don't mind wearing out in public!

Which kit makers would people like to see us get? Obviously within reason as we aren't going to get nike or adidas.

As soon as we're rid of TFG the better. I seriously think there are people on here with much better ideas than TFG for sure. Just be nice to have some casual wear that you don't mind wearing out in public!

Which kit makers would people like to see us get? Obviously within reason as we aren't going to get nike or adidas.

Fila would be ok or Reebok. Agree about the shop, it is too small and the range is pretty average. Seems aimed at 2 groups of fans, the Under 16's and the over 50's - what about the rest of us - and why arent there any DVDs in there or any decent posters ????????

I'm not sure what Edson does/did for a living and what his qualifications are but he seems to be an expert in what us fans want. The only decent thing in the shop lately have been his range of T-shirts.

The shop is an embarrisment, it has been for ages. It is a wasted opportunity. How can you have a sale months ago of this seasons shirts and let the shelves lie empty???I know nothing about retail (but I am a great shopper!),but I know you cannot possibly make money by not selling. :laugh:

Seems all people involved in that side of the club are clueless. The shop is pourly run and stocked and the stuff sent to stock it is cr@p as it is!

Plus there must be some way of getting those queues down. I never go in the shop cos there is always a massive queue. The online shop isn't even kept upto date either!

All a mess, will need a shake up for division 1 that's for sure. We should be making more of opportunites to make money like this.

I remember reading somewhere that the club are looking to do something with the shop? I think I read that they are going to increase the size over the summer ??

Can anyone confirm that ? :laugh:

I remember reading that too...great more empty space!

These past few months have been wasted, they aren't selling much so they could have used the time now to re-develop?

Can this be moved or merged with the Ask Colin and Steve forum???

ADAM??

I don't think he has the time right now to deal with this...too busy with the big game to think about selling the merchandise for it! :laugh:

What about Nibor? or its subsidary company daehtihs? :laugh:

I said all this months back as was shot down by people saying the club make more money from BFG (big friendly giant).

Perhaps, just perhaps Manure wearing youngsters would be more willing to be seen in a umbro or puma made City shirt than the current crock of second rate ##*p!

I have not bought a City shirt for years, ever since the last Admiral one. Its not vain its a sense of value for money (or maybe a feeling of being slightly less ripped off).

I think you will find that Richard G, is fully aware of the potential for merchandising, and it was discussed at a recent FCC meeting.

The club has had great results with TFG, but realise that as a brand it is not reaching the potential market.

I believe this will be addressed once the final season with TFG is through.

This has been a concern of many for a while, but I understand that wheels are in motion to bring quality branded gear to the Gate in the near future.

You only have to look at the Incider gear - for starters.

The club is listening to us - watch this space. :laugh:

Did someone say the club are listening?! The response I got didn't answer a single one of my questions! I do wonder sometimes if anything we post on there that gets replied to by gould is ever noted! Sales are better than ever apparantely!

Wonder how much percentage of those sales are from the incider t shirts. Also I think he'll find that most people just buy the home shirts because of their support for the club doesn't mean we're totally happy with the quality and price!

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=13834

I dunno, didn't Hull City have Nike kits?

The demand for merchandise will almost certainly increase if the elusive promotion happens...

A shop in the galleries - great idea... bigger premises onsite and a dedicated clubshop will not only promote the club but save fans' frustrations (there could even be a small ticket office in the central clubshop.........)

The club needs to start thinking and merchandising like a 'big' club in order to appeal to the fans...

At last, the forum attacking this subject.

I have NEVER bought anything from the city shop, bar a flag or two for the Wembley trips.

I started a thread on the forum a few weeks ago asking about alternative City t-shirts. I even went to the shop in the galleries that prints any design you want.

There must be a huge market for City in developing much better lines of merchandise.

Please?

Archived