IGNORED

How Far Would You Go For A Mate?

spudski

...the things you have to do for mates.

I've got friends flying over from Italy this week, and for reasons only known to themselves, they Support the Gas from afar. :shocking:

Have done for years, since the 70's...

However they have never seen them play at home before, only away.

I've agreed to take then tomorrow night :surrender: I've not been to the Mem for years... Bristol Rugby the last time.

Having no clue as to how their ticket system works, I gave the enemy a phonecall... it felt really dirty :laughcont:

However...they have gone up slightly in my expectations...only a smidgeon though...so don't worry :surrender: Apparantly you can turn up on the night and pay cash at the turnstile if you want to watch the game standing... How good is that?

As i will be infiltrating behind enemy lines...any requests or sabotage suggestions? ;):D

Would you do this for a mate?

I've got friends flying over from Italy this week, and for reasons only known to themselves, they Support the Gas from afar. :shocking:

I've agreed to take then tomorrow night :surrender: I've not been to the Mem for years... Bristol Rugby the last time.

Having no clue as to how their ticket system works, I gave the enemy a phonecall... it felt really dirty :laughcont:

However...they have gone up slightly in my expectations...only a smidgeon though...so don't worry :surrender: Apparantly you can turn up on the night and pay cash at the turnstile if you want to watch the game standing... How good is that?

As i will be infiltrating behind enemy lines...any requests or sabotage suggestions? ;):D

Yes definately...wouldnt worry me in the slightest...Thats what real friendship is all about.....You will probably see a good game to boot

I would walk 500 miles & I would walk 500 more..... but a trip to the Mem would be a step too far!! :)

ps.. how are you gonna get away being in the home section without being rumbled by the natives? - best bet is at least one fake hand from the joke shop (with extra finger) I guess.. good luck.

pps... have a good time with yer mates anyway - sure it wont be as bad as all that, & bring us back a bunch of lucky heather -we could do with a bit of luck right now no matter where it comes from. :fingerscrossed:

Dont buy the pegs though, they're better & cheaper from Poundland. :laughcont:

A long time ago when I were a teenager I won a ticket to a rovers game at Eastville. Can't remember how I won it, (might have been something to do with my paper-round!) or who was playing, anyway, along I went to take my seat in the stand. The only thing I can recall is just how uncomfortable and uneasy I felt during the game and how glad I was to get out of there when it was over.

Makes me shudder to think about now after all these years!

You may need counselling afterwards!:gasmask::laughcont:

Yes i would do it for a mate so i wouldn't have any worries if i was you spudski....just remember to scrub yourself down with bleach afterwards :yes:

Enjoy standing aswell, i miss it......

Yes 100%.

Friendship comes way before football, those who said they wouldn't do it are either bigoted or have no friends.

Afterall, Rovers are just another club at the end of the day...

:laughcont:

Tbh... I'm actually looking forward to standing on a Terrace again. I miss that so much. Shame it has to be there though.

Why not stand on the away terrace?. That way your clothes wont smell of failure when you leave the ground !!

Why not stand on the away terrace?. That way your clothes wont smell of failure when you leave the ground !!

I was in the away end - on the day they got relegated.

Over-hearing the gasheads talking - they were blaming relegation on John Akinde.... despite the fact he only played 14 times! :rofl2br:

Well...having returned unscathed, fully bleached and scrubbed...it was an interesting night tbh.

The football on show, was quiet entertaining for Div 4. Both teams actually tried to play football on the ground, although there were times of head tennis, but no more than can be seen at the Gate.

GJ and Bas, got loads of stick, but less than expected.

Gas fans all had six fingers and were quick to blame the Ref and linesman for everything... :laughcont:

Very much a get at 'em attitude... all about going to war and appreciating a battling performance rather than a footballing one. Chasing the ball down and sliding tackles got the most applause.

I enjoyed the fact, we could just roll up, pay cash at the turnstile, and stand and watch the game on a terrace leaning against a bar.

Most of the Gas are stood at one end, so it does give a good atmosphere, under the low roof.

Praise to Cobblers away kit... Dukla Praha from the 70's... Gorgeous.

Archived