IGNORED

Bristol City - Some Of The Worst Fans In The Country

Donald

I'm sorry, but I honestly believe that we have some of the most narrow minded and fickle fans in entire football league structure.

TWO games into a 46 games season and the knives are out like possibly NEVER before.

Pretty much the entire Staff of Bristol City, from the Coaching staff, the majority of the playing staff, the board EVERYONE has taken a battering in recent weeks and individual fans are now being called out and attacked based on any past views from the last few years, some so called fans are boasting about betting on defeats and us getting RELEGATED before the season even started.

The claws have been sharpened all summer and I believe that regardless of whom we were playing the moment we had any dropped points the predicatable boo boys would be out in force.

Quite Simply some of you are an UTTER EMBRASSEMENT to this club and need to take a serious look in the mirror and decide what sort of fan you actually are and whether or not Bristol City football club would be better without out! Football is not about Winning or Losing, it's about the Love of the Game.

Bristol City have been in a worse positon than this in our history and have pulled through. Too many people before a ball was even Kicked were foaming at the mouth ready to abuse the team/players/management for any single failing. Give the players and management some actual support for a change and they might just surprise you,

cue the personal attacks from the predictable ones....the chances are your the ones who need to be looking in the mirror.

I'm sorry, but I honestly believe that we have some of the most narrow minded and fickle fans in entire football league structure.

TWO games into a 46 games season and the knives are out like possibly NEVER before.

Pretty much the entire Staff of Bristol City, from the Coaching staff, the majority of the playing staff, the board EVERYONE has taken a battering in recent weeks and individual fans are now being called out and attacked based on any past views from the last few years, some so called fans are boasting about betting on defeats and us getting RELEGATED before the season even started.

The claws have been sharpened all summer and I believe that regardless of whom we were playing the moment we had any dropped points the predicatable boo boys would be out in force.

Quite Simply some of you are an UTTER EMBRASSEMENT to this club and need to take a serious look in the mirror and decide what sort of fan you actually are and whether or not Bristol City football club would be better without out! Football is not about Winning or Losing, it's about the Love of the Game.

Bristol City have been in a worse positon than this in our history and have pulled through. Too many people before a ball was even Kicked were foaming at the mouth ready to abuse the team/players/management for any single failing. Give the players and management some actual support for a change and they might just surprise you,

cue the personal attacks from the predictable ones....the chances are your the ones who need to be looking in the mirror.

I totally agree with the personal attacks and the "Robbored" post was pathetic.....

However.....posts like the one you just put up are just as boring and pointless. Cheers

I don't buy a season ticket to watch us get beat 3-0 nor do i go away to our rivals to watch us get beat 3-1. I'm starting to raise eyebrows because even though these are tough teams we should be rising to the challenge, not making excuses for it. Something has to change even another new first team coach would be a positive step in the right direction

What I find really unbelievable is the posters who want the club to spend money but then also say either they don't / won't go any more!

Whose money do they want spent? Clearly not there own.

As an 'old fart' I have spent many years attending the games at Ashton Gate without the remotest chance of the club gaining promotion, and indeed have witnessed a number of relegations, not pleasant but we are still here.

If the owner chases success and throws his money around it could just as easily lead to failure rather than success.

Let's not forget that many of the people who write on this forum live a long way from BS3 and contribute sweet FA to the club they claim to follow via their keyboard.

If your a fan yes have your say, but don't expect someone else to realise your 'dream' out of their pocket.

The current manager is clearly between a rock and a hard place and the team, manager and all need our support.

I totally agree with the personal attacks and the "Robbored" post was pathetic.....

However.....posts like the one you just put up are just as boring and pointless. Cheers

I do not think that this post is 'boring and pointless'. I agree that too many fans are hating on anyone who has anything to do with club at the moment, and we should perform a vital role of being a fan, and get behind the team. If a considerable number get to Portsmouth at home next week, and sing our hearts out, hopefully it should send a message home to the players that there is actually something to play for, and they're not in fact hated by their own fans.

Things aren't looking great after those first two games, agreed. But nothings going to change until we get behind them and support the team.

The current manager is clearly between a rock and a hard place and the team, manager and all need our support.

Indeed, Keith Millen is clearly between a rock and a hard place and as I wrote in another post - I feel sorry for Keith Millen because I'd estimate that there are at least 15 players in the 34 man squad that aren't good enough and never will be good enough at Championship level. Most of them signed by previous managers. He can't move the sub standard players on and he's got no money to buy. Buying in 3 or so ex Premier League players in their early 30s may be a stop gap answer to shore us up short term. I'd go for 2 defenders and a central midfielder. I'd drop David James and put in Gerkin - but is Keith Millen allowed to drop David James ????!!!!!!!

That written, I reckon we're very far from being some of the worst fans in the country. We've had to endure lower division football for years - our support is Premier League class when there's a remote possibility of success at whatever level. I see myself as a long suffering supporter because had I been born in any other big English city then I would have witnessed a lot more success on the football field by supporting the best club in the city of my birth.

Oh dear Donald. Oh dear!

A select few of us didnt have faith in Millen - some of us made bold predictions and now that we are being proved right thus far, your calling us fickle!

Of course on the face of it, two games into a season, seems harsh to judge. But the Ipswich game did it for me.... The fact that he was genuinely surprised at the result told me he is clueless. Did he think the problems of last season (pre-caulker) would just go away?!

Anyway, don't be bitter Donald - because your only embarrassing yourself, not anyone else with this Millen crusade.

A select few of us didnt have faith in Millen - some of us made bold predictions and now that we are being proved right thus far, your calling us fickle!

Bollocks, I wasn't at home when Coppell left and Milly took over, but had a browse of the corresponding thread on here and it was full of antagonistic negative bullshit.

you are an "UTTER EMBRASSEMENT"...:disapointed2se:Hmmm..

But it's not two games is it, the entertainment trend has been downwards for some time now..? There's no passion on the pitch, no desire to wear the shirt, noboby prepared to lead and be counted - and these guys are paid a fortune to play football? Either Millen has lost the dressing room or they have no respect for him as they certainly aren't motivated to do their best for him or the club?

I'm not fickle or moaning, I renewed several ST's again this season so despite my concerns and frustration at a complete lack of any organisation or form of entertainment at the gate, I still continue to put my money into our club.

Bollocks, I wasn't at home when Coppell left and Milly took over, but had a browse of the corresponding thread on here and it was full of antagonistic negative bullshit.

That was at the beginning - I was behind him initially!! I'm talking about the end of the season when everything was honky dorey...

Oh dear Donald. Oh dear!

Of course on the face of it, two games into a season, seems harsh to judge. But the Ipswich game did it for me.... The fact that he was genuinely surprised at the result told me he is clueless. Did he think the problems of last season (pre-caulker) would just go away?!

Anyway, don't be bitter Donald - because your only embarrassing yourself, not anyone else with this Millen crusade.

Taxi to the Mem for this response!

I see, the attack here is on fans who have an opinion that is different to your own.

Its a great call to arms, if your that way inclined

Many others are seeing what is happening and not agreeing with it and wondering if things will get worse or get better. The reasons people feel differently to you has been discussed at some depth in other threads Some pertinent points have been made and people have been discussing the way forward, whether it be with the current set up or with another set up

This is a discussion forum last time that I checked and people will have very different views on the same things despite having the same vested interest, namely Bristol City Football Club.

There is no need to come out with such an inflammatory and clearly trolling for a response post as that, because you are aggrieved that people see things differently to your goodself. It can be done in other ways, such as providing discussions as to why things are good at the moment or what you think will happen rather than rising to the anti posts.

C'est La Vie

Another set up i think is definitely on the cards, compared to our silly 4-3-3 yesterday. All out attack was a ridiculous choice.

Too true mate,

makes I laugh.

luckily this boring forum isnt representative of the City crew I hang out with or

we'd all have topped ourselves already.

It is cringeworthy.

This forum has little to do with the Bristol many know, see and meet matchdys, thankfully.

I can understand fans frustration, we spend alot of money to follow our club and the performances so far this season have been dismal! So for that I can understand fans being upset.

But the main things that get to me is that there are alot of loud mouth super fans on this forum that don't go to games and think they have some right to make judgements on us as a club. If you don't go don't moan!

Another thing is the support for the team at the moment. The Ipswich game was dire, there was a half decent atmosphere in the EE for 10 minutes but the rest of the time it was a morge! Secondly we don't take alot away from home anymore. We must have had 700 there yesterday. For a derby match that pathetic. There are too many excuses about why people aren't going. But if we are going to show the lads how much this club means to us as supporters then we need to get behind them especially at home! Reading and QPR at home last season was fantastic examples of that!

Yes we can sit on here moaning every 30 seconds, but for me I want to try and enjoy it as much of possible. The atmosphere especially away is the main reason I love watching City.

Lets get behind the lads and show how good this club really is, if Millen isnt doing a good job after 5 or 6 games the board will take action. Lets get right behind the lads for the Pompy game and you never know the players might respond and give abit more ad heavens forbid we might actually start enjoying Saturday afternoons again!

Indeed, Keith Millen is clearly between a rock and a hard place and as I wrote in another post - I feel sorry for Keith Millen because I'd estimate that there are at least 15 players in the 34 man squad that aren't good enough and never will be good enough at Championship level. Most of them signed by previous managers. He can't move the sub standard players on and he's got no money to buy. Buying in 3 or so ex Premier League players in their early 30s may be a stop gap answer to shore us up short term. I'd go for 2 defenders and a central midfielder. I'd drop David James and put in Gerkin - but is Keith Millen allowed to drop David James ????!!!!!!!

That written, I reckon we're very far from being some of the worst fans in the country. We've had to endure lower division football for years - our support is Premier League class when there's a remote possibility of success at whatever level. I see myself as a long suffering supporter because had I been born in any other big English city then I would have witnessed a lot more success on the football field by supporting the best club in the city of my birth.

To be honest I dont agree with that statement they just need some leadership, guidance and most importantly Proper COACHING....The Championship Standard apart from a couple of Players in Each team isnt that Brilliant.

Our 34 man squad is certainly good enough.

Millen isnt good enough and that is patently obvious. He may be if he he were to develop his Management and Coaching skills with a 1 or 2 league team, but he is tactically niave and obviously inept at motivating the squad.

Some of the vile personal attacks towards Millen on here over the last seven days have been disgusting. It's as if some actually think the guy makes mistakes on purpose?

Would any of us accept these type of insults from our clients about our abilities if we thought we were doing our best?

Some of the vile personal attacks towards Millen on here over the last seven days have been disgusting. It's as if some actually think the guy makes mistakes on purpose?

Would any of us accept these type of insults from our clients about our abilities if we thought we were doing our best?

Personal attacks are out of order... havent seen that many tho..

Archived