IGNORED

Bristol City - Some Of The Worst Fans In The Country

Donald

I agreed with part of the first post. the theme on here for months is wanting to bring down the manager i cant spot the calls to get fully behind the team. I think we have some great fans but it is not shown on here. month upon month its posts of negative crap with little to show that people are passionate beyond moaning.

Donny no been before and my money goes on what I think are best aways which is why I didn't go to Cardiff. Five six a season and thats as far as i can afford and still look the family in the eye. Pretty normal I think that.

I think 'the theme on here for months' has been a determination to give the manager a chance, whatever we thought of the original appointment.

Being "negative" - or showing your concerns for what you believe to be wrong with the club - certainly isn't 'crap'.

If fans think Millen is not doing enough to justify SL's faith in him then they have every right to say so. That does not mean they do not show total support for the club at games. SL is, and never should be beyond criticism or reproach.

Passion works both ways, if the club want passionate support they must expect the flak to fly when the fans feel the decision makers are letting us down and putting the club's status in jeopardy.

The club needs to give us fans something positive in which to channel our emotions for the club - things have been stale and uninspiring for far too long.

Every day we read on this forum of fans who are fed up, bored, and dissatisfied with BCFC and the real danger is the incredible passion individuals have for this club is dissipating before their very eyes.

I think 'the theme on here for months' has been a determination to give the manager a chance, whatever we thought of the original appointment.

Being "negative" - or showing your concerns for what you believe to be wrong with the club - certainly isn't 'crap'.

Well said. If you've played the long game as a City supporter you've seen an awful lot of disappointment. We may be of the same generation Nogbad!

40 years of supporting largely dross - certainly the last 30 years - buys a right, I feel, to step back every now and again and take the long view. In my opinion Millen is useless and will be proved to be so sooner or later. In Bristol City geological time his tenure will be a blink of an eye. He'll be forgotten I'll wager...as is Jimmy Lumsden.

I feel bad saying it. The folk travelling home and away...and my family have been among their number in recent years...the folk going to Leicester tomorrow - they deserve better. I've been there and wanted to believe that all was well. It isn't.

It's the emperors new clothes. The more people who spot what's going on and speak out, the better. It doesn't do the club we love any favours to pretend that all is well when it clearly isn't..and hasn't been (despite all protestations) for the past 12 months.

Donald - I think we have some of the best fans in the country.

Name me another club which has never won a major trophy, has not even won a divisional championship for over 50 years, has spent most of its history playing in the lower leagues and yet still attracts gates of between 14 and 18,000 and sells over 10,000 season tickets a year.

In my opinion no one is more patient and loyal than Bristol City fans. If we weren't, or if we were glory hunters, we would have given up long ago.

It is unfair to criticise the vast majority of City fans just because we have a few negative posters on this forum. Having said that, with the lack of progress over the last 12 months and currently bottom of the table (again) I think people have every right to criticise. That does not make them the worst fans in the country.

would you still support the team and management, and be positive, if they all admitted to being gay??

If they did then they might at least all pull together!

As for the OP I suspect that our fans are little different from fans at most other clubs. I think the vast majority are 100% behind the club but are understandably disappointed and frustrated when things are not going well - which appears to be the situation a tthe moment. Over the years we have had so many false dawns and know that we continually underachieve, given the size of the club and city. Fans at clubs like Leicester, Forest and Derby are probably equally frustrated but they have at least experienced top flight football in the recent past and have a history dotted with sucess to varying degrees, but certainly it is sucess at a level we have never seen.

I am sure the forum distorts what our fans are really like, as it provides a soapbox for a small minority who want their voice heard above everyone else (and probably like the sound of thie own voices), especially as those with the greatest level of criticism can express it from behind the screen of internet anonymity. Would some of the comments made on here about Millen, players and fellow forum members be so readily made if they were face to face?

I live away from Bristol, so in recent years the vast majority of my attendance is away games, while in my younger days it was almost exclusively at Ashton Gate. Attending away games is an eye opener in terms of fans attitude, because at Ashton Gate my experience is that it seems to take very little to see the crowd turning on the team. At away games the support is more vocal ( although I accept that this is helped by them all being together in one part of the stadium) but also much more positive in general. I was at the Ipswich 6-0 and if anything the support got stronger and more vocal as the score got worse.

I am also surpised at away games when things arent too good, that when speaking to fellow fans I find their view on the situation nothing like as negative as the opinions being expressed by many on the forum . In GJ's last season i went to the Leicester away game as my forst of the season and with some trepidation, as we had been doing badly in the run up to the game, so I'm hoping for a similar performance and result tonight!. Before that game I was talking to fellow fans and was surpised to discover that their perception was nothing like as negative and critical as many views expressed on here. More than one fan commented that the problem with the forum was that too many forum posters had their own agenda , which was not necessarily refelective of the wider fan base. At that time I am sure they were referring to the Gary Johnson situation , and just now I think there is an element of similarity as far as Keith Millen is concerned.

As someone else posted the other day, had the internet existed in the late '60's/early '70's then I doubt we would have ever reached the old first division,as i cannot see that Alan Dicks would have survived long enough the build a promotion winning team had today's keyboard warriors been around to hound him out.

If fans think Millen is not doing enough to justify SL's faith in him then they have every right to say so. That does not mean they do not show total support for the club at games. SL is, and never should be beyond criticism or reproach.

Passion works both ways, if the club want passionate support they must expect the flak to fly when the fans feel the decision makers are letting us down and putting the club's status in jeopardy.

The club needs to give us fans something positive in which to channel our emotions for the club - things have been stale and uninspiring for far too long.

Every day we read on this forum of fans who are fed up, bored, and dissatisfied with BCFC and the real danger is the incredible passion individuals have for this club is dissipating before their very eyes.

This forum shows the worst side of a few city fans. only today CS asks for everybody to get behind only on here other reanrks are picked up on pulled apart critisised. theres been no determination to give the manager a chance on here. no big push to give the team support like CS and Sl called for. passion only seems to work one way for some. passion elsewhere is mounting camapaigns putting on events hiring coaches sorting out train tickets and getting behind the lads that is passion. on otib passion is something very different. otib pushes the club down not up.

Donald - I think we have some of the best fans in the country.

Name me another club which has never won a major trophy, has not even won a divisional championship for over 50 years, has spent most of its history playing in the lower leagues and yet still attracts gates of between 14 and 18,000 and sells over 10,000 season tickets a year.

In my opinion no one is more patient and loyal than Bristol City fans. If we weren't, or if we were glory hunters, we would have given up long ago.

It is unfair to criticise the vast majority of City fans just because we have a few negative posters on this forum. Having said that, with the lack of progress over the last 12 months and currently bottom of the table (again) I think people have every right to criticise. That does not make them the worst fans in the country.

Very well put Redland. :clapping:

I'm sorry, but I honestly believe that we have some of the most narrow minded and fickle fans in entire football league structure.

TWO games into a 46 games season and the knives are out like possibly NEVER before.

Mainly because we've started the season as we finished it, with very little ambition and very little to look forward to when we're playing awful. I don't think many people would have their knives out if they could see any positives from the performances but let's not kid ourselves, there are none and no signs of strengthening the back line. The fans said prior to the season for almost all of the summer "we need defenders", no defenders have come and in two games we've shipped 6 goals... I mean I know Millen is a paid professional manager now but surely if hundreds and thousands of fans can see that our defence needs to be strengthened then he must see it too right?

Pretty much the entire Staff of Bristol City, from the Coaching staff, the majority of the playing staff, the board EVERYONE has taken a battering in recent weeks and individual fans are now being called out and attacked based on any past views from the last few years, some so called fans are boasting about betting on defeats and us getting RELEGATED before the season even started.

Whilst I don't agree with this I think this is just a narrow minded form of venting frustration, I'm not defending it, it's inexcusable but it shows the kind of frustration level there is with the Bristol City fans in general.

The claws have been sharpened all summer and I believe that regardless of whom we were playing the moment we had any dropped points the predicatable boo boys would be out in force.

I disagree, I wouldn't mind losing to Ipswich or even Cardiff if we showed signs of being able to compete but we haven't. When Coppell left we showed signs of being able to compete but as time has gone on we look worse and worse and prior to the summer fans were saying over and over that the summer was key and the right players needed to come in. The right players have not come in and the first two results have been embarrassing.. can you blame people for being frustrated and angry when they can see that the club is not in the right hands?

Quite Simply some of you are an UTTER EMBRASSEMENT to this club and need to take a serious look in the mirror and decide what sort of fan you actually are and whether or not Bristol City football club would be better without out! Football is not about Winning or Losing, it's about the Love of the Game.

I agree but as someone who lives in Cardiff and still walks around wearing my City shirt there comes a point where all I can say to the Cardiff fans when they mock me saying "your club is a joke" is "I agree". Bristol is a massive City and we have so much potential but it seems we're happy to be average at best. You can look at some of our fans as fickle but it seems this clubs support is extreme in the ends of the spectrum. Some are all doom and gloom, others are happy to watch the team get demolished week in week out because "things will get better".

I see the latter fans as the type of people who find a lump and think "hmmm probably nothing too bad" and leave it and when it's a large lump they put it down to a cyst and only when they're literally on their last legs do they accept it may be cancer and by then it's too late. This is what'll happen with this club if you just look at everything positively all of the time, that core problem will grow and grow and we'll reach a point where it can't be removed and treated because the damage is already done.

Many of the "boo boys" as you call them were the people who were the ones saying "Get Tinnion out" for long periods of time and as we were more and more humiliated the "happy clappers" said "It'll come good"... it didn't. Sometimes you have to admit things need to change.

Bristol City have been in a worse positon than this in our history and have pulled through. Too many people before a ball was even Kicked were foaming at the mouth ready to abuse the team/players/management for any single failing. Give the players and management some actual support for a change and they might just surprise you,

I see your point but that's like saying "I stood in the middle of the motorway and haven't been hit yet so it must be safe"... it only takes one car to hit you and that's it, game over.

cue the personal attacks from the predictable ones....the chances are your the ones who need to be looking in the mirror.

No personal attacks, just a different point of view

This forum shows the worst side of a few city fans. only today CS asks for everybody to get behind only on here other reanrks are picked up on pulled apart critisised. theres been no determination to give the manager a chance on here. no big push to give the team support like CS and Sl called for. passion only seems to work one way for some. passion elsewhere is mounting camapaigns putting on events hiring coaches sorting out train tickets and getting behind the lads on otib that is passion. on otib passion is something very different. otib pushes the club down not up.

Have you ever considered that Millen was the wrong appointment and that is why people won't get behind him? End of the day if someone doesn't have faith in someone to do the job and the man shows no reason why they should change their view then they're not going to get behind him. The fans are not to blame, whoever gave Millen a 3 year contract is because it did not go down well with the fans and it wouldn't have taken a genius to realise that would have been the reaction.

Have you ever considered that Millen was the wrong appointment and that is why people won't get behind him? End of the day if someone doesn't have faith in someone to do the job and the man shows no reason why they should change their view then they're not going to get behind him. The fans are not to blame, whoever gave Millen a 3 year contract is because it did not go down well with the fans and it wouldn't have taken a genius to realise that would have been the reaction.

No i was talking about this forum and its constant lack of support and negativity. as i said fans are getting behind the team but otib shows city fans at their worst on another forum there is a thread about doing something very positive and helping out the community trust. on here nothing.

Oh dear Donald. Oh dear!

A select few of us didnt have faith in Millen - some of us made bold predictions and now that we are being proved right thus far, your calling us fickle!

A lot of you made big bold predictions throughout last season as well.

Were we relegated?????? NO!

You were all wrong then, whose to say anything will be any different this season.

Two games gone, I was on the understanding that we played 46 in a season.

The most predicable part of reading this forum is that some on here are actually getting enjoyment from us losing. But that

really doesn't surprise me one bit.

You were all wrong then, whose to say anything will be any different this season.

The most predicable part of reading this forum is that some on here are actually getting enjoyment from us losing. But that

I said we could get relegated, then of course Millen signed caulker.... He'll have to pull another minor miracle similar if he's going to keep us up and keep his job!

Sorry, but who is getting enjoyment from us being humiliated by our local rivals and at home??

The hypocrisy of this forum is, the same posters who will not hear a word against Millen or slag off posters who dare to criticise him are the same ones that ones who got off on slagging off GJ especially near the end and also as you say got enjoyment from us losing, but of course that must be OK.

The hypocrisy of this forum is, the same posters who will not hear a word against Millen or slag off posters who dare to criticise him are the same ones that ones who got off on slagging off GJ especially near the end and also as you say got enjoyment from us

losing, but of course that must be OK.

Name names then, because you won't find I ever slagged him off, fact.

I stated more than once that the football was boring, and it was.

I think you need to get over GJ Esmond, he's gone and he won't ever return.

His record since City is abysmal.

robbo did and there his thread saved in the classic thread section, thats what esmond is getting at bill

but thats bye the bye

I am well over him, please for once in your life actually read what I wrote, but i'll make it easy it's ok to criticise one but not the other.

Archived