IGNORED

Who Would We Bring In?

Modestant

I'm firmly in the anti-Millen camp but, at this stage with so many people throwing around different arguments, if you are similarly anti-Millen - who is your realistic and preferable choice?

I'm not so much Anti-Millen as to the fact i think he deserves 10 games to prove himself certainly. Although i had doubts at the time as to whether he could deliver when Cop-out left, Dave Jones for me would be the man to take the club forward. I still believe it isn't Millen's fault with the funds however he isn't experienced enough to deal with the current situation he is in.

I'm not anti Millen (I hope he can pull things round) but if we were to remove him I'd be looking for someone well respected within the footballing world with a good understanding of the game. One person I wouldn't mind seeing is Ray Wilkins. He fits the criteria but whether he'd have the temperment to be a boss I don't know, maybe have him as head coach and bring in a Director of Football (Gianfranco Zola?) with whom he could work. I'm not keen on Billy Davies or Dave Jones

. One person I wouldn't mind seeing is Ray Wilkins. He fits the criteria but whether he'd have the temperment to be a boss I don't know, maybe have him as head coach and bring in a Director of Football (Gianfranco Zola?)

Wage issues involved with that.

Personally as others have stated in other threads, I would go Neil Warnock. Just what we need right now imo.

I'm firmly in the anti-Millen camp but, at this stage with so many people throwing around different arguments, if you are similarly anti-Millen - who is your realistic and preferable choice?

anti-millen isnt really a pleasant way to refer to a guy that is clearly genuine and working hard. having said that i have grave concerns as to whether he is up to the task TBH. last season i thought he did a basic but satisfactory job as he kept us up. this season i wanted to see an improvement, pre-season and the first two games have been alarming shall we say.

obviously there are constraints on bringing players in, what the hell is going on there i dont know , but that is being covered in other threads, but having said that i feel there is still enough in the squad for a mid-table championship side and i cant abide what appears to be a lack of fight.

i feel he will be given at least another month but if we dont pick up he has to go and i would advertise and see what comes up. we dont get the chance to interview the candidates so are only judging from afar so i wouldnt have a clue who to go for. but it cant get worse can it???

Graham Westley or Martin Allen, although not in the Millen out camp, and further out after 2 days to calm down after Sunday.

Before anyone starts hating on Allen, aside from a stint at Cheltenham where his only half decent players were taken from him one by one, he has a better win record than GJs was with us.

George Burley, Billy Davies, Mark Robins, Dave Jones, Glenn Hoddle, Mark Hughes :shocking: Mark McGhee, Ronnie Moore, Gianfranco Zola, Ginaluca Vialli and two 100000000/1 shots Rafa Benitez and Martin O'Neil

From living with two Liverpool fans and having seen some of his 'magic', I would love to see old Rafa down The Gate, purely just for his hilarious hand signals on the touchline. On a serious note he probably hasn't even heard of Bristol.

I would want Paul Tisdale..

+1 - but only if it came to it.

Too early to sack Millen for me but if we were left without a manager tomorrow, Tisdale seems to be by a distance the brightest light in the lower leagues and crucially for me, he's had relatively huge success at 2 different clubs. Anyone can get lucky and inherit a good squad but to do it twice shows actual skill. So Tisdale and for same reasons, o'driscoll. Both overachievers which is what we'd need given our resources.

I'm sure people will say they havent won anything or they havent managed a team in the championship with any success but thats where we'd need to shop - we need to find a good, overachieving manager with a clear style of play. That's what Norwich did and the boy done good.

Billy Davies is very decent but always moans about lack of resources wherever he goes. And I honestly think Dave Jones underachieved at Cardiff given the players he had but he's obviously a fairly decent manager.

Curbs is class but has been out the game a while now and would probably want a huge wage.

That all said, I'd stick with Millen for now but we do need to start showing some kind of consistent improvement and can totally understand some people's concern re tactics and favoured players.

I would want Steve Cotterill. With a really small squad he has done well. After Norwich, i thought Portsmouth were the most impressive team down at AG last season, very well organised and hard working and they played some really good football.

Or ( and i cant believe i am typing this ) i wouldn't mind Hollowhead.

Just looked through the LMA available managers list and, apart from the obvious but presumably out of reach (O'Neill, Hughes, Curbishley), the only two that jump out are Vialli - who you could probably place in the brackets, and Zola - who was known for decent football and bringing youth players through during a turbulent time at West Ham, but had an indifferent transfer record.

The danger is, and I would suggest I myself fall foul to it, is that you look at what Poyet has achieved at Brighton and want to replicate it. So while an element of continental flair is desirable, taking a punt on someone with little track record probably isn't the way to go.

All speculative, Keith Millen is the man in charge and he currently needs our support, that does not mean blind faith and unquestionning devotion, it means non disruptive criticism and supporting the manager and players for the time they take to the pitch.

:city: dave jones already lined up :city:

Is that Dave Jones who repeatedly failed to get Cardiff promoted despite spending large sums of money and having arguably the most talented squad in the division the last 2 years? No thanks. IF we got rid of Millen (and i don't think we should right now) we should be looking to get someone in who is capable of taking us to the next level or someone younger with great potential and Jones is a a 50-something bottler

I think Pearson is a good manager in the making. Did a good job with Saints and a fantastic job with Leicester. Things don't seem to be going his way at Hull.

I think he's a good manager to, what he did at Leicester was incredible, just doesn't seem the manager to really bollock the players when their not performing, which is what we need

Archived