IGNORED

Deano

BS3_RED

David James has never been a world class keeper, at the age of 40 and on high wages, he was a waste of money.

England keeper ppl will say, nowhere near in the same league as Clemence, Shilton, Seaman.

We would have been better suited spending his wages on areas that needed strengthening

Sorry James lovers only mu opinion

So all those persons who have done nothing but attack James for the last two weeks stating the Deano is better,well have a look at the one he just let in. SSN just showed it.

But is it 3 in one game? Just asking like

Three points, no James,better team spirit.

Well done KM for making the right decision, pro coach v keyboard fan ....... 1-0 KM :)

Really, sounds like we would have been more comfortable if it was'nt for Gerken.

Massive 3 points though of course.

Three points, no James,better team spirit.

Well done KM for making the right decision, pro coach v keyboard fan ....... 1-0 KM :)

It was the correct decision to drop Gerkin. However, this doesn't mean that he is good enough to be our regular keeper. The co-commentator of Radio 5 was Tim Flowers, who was not impressed by him at all using words like flaky and panic when talking about him. Just turned over to 5 live and heard Pleat talking about Brighton and Norwich being full of lower league signings and not having any 'old sweats who were just going through the motions and winding down'. A telling remark as far as our keepers are concerned.

We may need to sign a keeper.

Really, sounds like we would have been more comfortable if it was'nt for Gerken.

Massive 3 points though of course.

1 goal conceded per game to 3! Those stats keep him there before he gets dropped methinks

glad he started tonight i think james arguing with the defence all the time did us no good yes deano made 1 mistake but he didnt let in 6 or make stupid mistakes like james has done lately and lets not forget deano hasnt played championship football for a year probs a bit rusty should play saturday give him a couple of games to get the swing back

It was important he got game time this season.

I didn't anticipate him starting tonight, James has been poor but still is a very good goalkeeper. However, when I saw his rant with Marvin Elliot I began to sway my point of view to those who believe he has a negative effect on team spirit/cohesiveness.

I was listening to an interview the other day from one of the city players (name escapes me...help?) mentioning Gerken as being one of the main characters in the dressing room - plenty have been saying that the team has lacked characters like Scotty Murray, Basso and Bradders. Well, whilst Gerken isn't the greatest ability wise and without question isn't as good as James, he might add more to the team through character and spirit. All things to be considered.

Having not seen the highlights, I find it very interesting the way in which we as a team responded to a possible goalkeeping mistake. When James is in goal we seem to drop our heads and fall apart - clearly that wasn't the case tonight. And I ask anyone if they were in the keepers position at the moment, especially having not been in the squad for a whole season, would they not be nervous?

In all, James is the best goalkeeper at the club still but this was important game time for Gerken. Fair play to Millen for making a good call.

Archived