IGNORED

Why Does The Human Race Need To Lable Everything

numbeast

Religion, politics and even football fans have extremist at both ends of the scale, but on here you get labeled either Anti-Millen/ Millen out or Millen disciples/ happy clappers. when I believe most are neither. I have never called for Millen to be sacked but I have questioned his tactics and selection and will continue to do so regardless of our form or position if I find either strange so what group do I fit into on here? Calling for the manager to be sacked after 2 game of the season was always a reactionary response but thread that make out everything is wonderful because of 1 win or trying to score points over those with a different opinion is equally ridiculous. We need to calm ourselves and do what we do best, support the team. Having opinions is what makes football so passionate. Debating those opinions is healthy and, even if you disagree with someones opinion, it gives you a differing perspective and hopfully better understanding of the club and it's fan base. There are many poster on here who seem to envoke emotions from sections of this forum. Robbored seems to have been replaced by Riaz post by Jordan Tansley attract negative responses, the list goes on. I find a lot of what they say interesting, that's not to say I always agree with them. Everyones opinion is important and negative things said about the club are equally as important as the supportive post. We all know the club isn't perfect so why pretend. We talk about the team balance but we to need balance in our debates because if we all thought the same we'd either become club zombies or we'd never go to the Gate again.We all post on here because we are City fans (with the welcome exception of some rival fans) but putting fans into groups for or against the manager/player/board divides support when presenting a united voice is more beneficial especially after the poor opening 2 games. Can't we just hear others opinions without trying to score points because every little victory over a fellow fan is a defeat for the unity of the club.

Religion, politics and even football fans have extremist at both ends of the scale, but on here you get labeled either Anti-Millen/ Millen out or Millen disciples/ happy clappers. when I believe most are neither. I have never called for Millen to be sacked but I have questioned his tactics and selection and will continue to do so regardless of our form or position if I find either strange so what group do I fit into on here? Calling for the manager to be sacked after 2 game of the season was always a reactionary response but thread that make out everything is wonderful because of 1 win or trying to score points over those with a different opinion is equally ridiculous. We need to calm ourselves and do what we do best, support the team. Having opinions is what makes football so passionate. Debating those opinions is healthy and, even if you disagree with someones opinion, it gives you a differing perspective and hopfully better understanding of the club and it's fan base. There are many poster on here who seem to envoke emotions from sections of this forum. Robbored seems to have been replaced by Riaz post by Jordan Tansley attract negative responses, the list goes on. I find a lot of what they say interesting, that's not to say I always agree with them. Everyones opinion is important and negative things said about the club are equally as important as the supportive post. We all know the club isn't perfect so why pretend. We talk about the team balance but we to need balance in our debates because if we all thought the same we'd either become club zombies or we'd never go to the Gate again.We all post on here because we are City fans (with the welcome exception of some rival fans) but putting fans into groups for or against the manager/player/board divides support when presenting a united voice is more beneficial especially after the poor opening 2 games. Can't we just hear others opinions without trying to score points because every little victory over a fellow fan is a defeat for the unity of the club.

Very balanced view Numbeast, and agree with you. I am not a big fan of Millen as the man to lead us forward but was ecstatic about the result last night cuz i and i hope all of us are City fans regardless of our views about which direction the club is going....

If i can make a polite point out of those you mention i do think Riaz has very balanced views, and is generally an educated poster, and personally gets more respect from me as he doesnt seem to want to score points all the time.....he has a view sticks to it but will still i believe congratulate mcallister and gerken if they have a blinder

Nail on the spot. Top post

Very balanced viewpoint.......................... grrrrrrrrr , igiveup.gif ban all sensible posters protest.gif

The result against Leicester City has put at least 2 more people onto Saturdays gate they want some value for money they are not anti or pro Millen just well pleased and happy that BCFC won its our team and being turned over hurts i never want City to lose to score points against the manager they come and go anyway.... Its gutless performances and players who don't care that annoy me the most for whatever reason the Leicester match went against all what most fans expected once Nugent got them level i expected the normal collaspe as really did the 5 live BBC team ,they treated Nicky Maynard as the only City player of note the rest was all Sven's Leicester City ( another lable) who wasn't playing for them left out or suspended, one result won't win every one over but unless you are more into who runs the club or picks the team the result was the most important factor LCFC 1 BCFC 2.

Religion, politics and even football fans have extremist at both ends of the scale, but on here you get labeled either Anti-Millen/ Millen out or Millen disciples/ happy clappers. when I believe most are neither. I have never called for Millen to be sacked but I have questioned his tactics and selection and will continue to do so regardless of our form or position if I find either strange so what group do I fit into on here? Calling for the manager to be sacked after 2 game of the season was always a reactionary response but thread that make out everything is wonderful because of 1 win or trying to score points over those with a different opinion is equally ridiculous. We need to calm ourselves and do what we do best, support the team. Having opinions is what makes football so passionate. Debating those opinions is healthy and, even if you disagree with someones opinion, it gives you a differing perspective and hopfully better understanding of the club and it's fan base.

There are many poster on here who seem to envoke emotions from sections of this forum. Robbored seems to have been replaced by Riaz post by Jordan Tansley attract negative responses, the list goes on. I find a lot of what they say interesting, that's not to say I always agree with them. Everyones opinion is important and negative things said about the club are equally as important as the supportive post. We all know the club isn't perfect so why pretend. We talk about the team balance but we to need balance in our debates because if we all thought the same we'd either become club zombies or we'd never go to the Gate again.We all post on here because we are City fans (with the welcome exception of some rival fans) but putting fans into groups for or against the manager/player/board divides support when presenting a united voice is more beneficial especially after the poor opening 2 games. Can't we just hear others opinions without trying to score points because every little victory over a fellow fan is a defeat for the unity of the club.

By nature human beings are a tribal bunch and feel familiar, safe and secure within the tribe and all the cultural behaviours and beliefs that go with it.They often feel that their way is the only and best way and superior other tribes. Any questioning of or challenge to your tribe is seen as an affront. This human tendency has lead to many types of wars, oppression and genocide over the history of mankind.

The maxim 'your'e either with us or you're against us' lies at the core and it spills over into debate of any kind. We see it all the time with politicians, public commentators and on this forum.

The answer to your original question is that its simply the way it is. We developed that way.

Name-dropped again. Clearly a popular lad... Oh, on a list with Riaz and Robbo?

I've never been so insulted in all my life.

Jodan, I just think you like Riaz and Robbo come in for too much unfair stick, I enjoy reading post from all 3 of you but like I've said I don't alway agree with your viewpoints.

I read this forum quite a lot but I'm not sure I could name 3 posters in either camp. That maybe that a) I don't pay too much attention to who said what (I just read the post), b) I'm not that fussed what camp they are in (we all want city to win), c) I've a terrible memory, d) I'm a bit ignorant, e) most users don't post that much, f) I've a terrible memory, g) something else I haven't thought of yet.

Archived