IGNORED

Spurs

Barrs Court Red

Not a massive fan of Spuds or 'ar 'arry', but they've played some fantastic stuff tonight.

Has made me think twitchy might not be such a bad shout for England manager, although I remain convinced the BBC and tabloids for destroy him on the eve of a major tourny.

Indeed, our media is and has been a major problem for every England manager since Sir Alf Ramsey.

Not a massive fan of Spuds or 'ar 'arry', but they've played some fantastic stuff tonight.

Has made me think twitchy might not be such a bad shout for England manager, although I remain convinced the BBC and tabloids for destroy him on the eve of a major tourny.

Hmm at present if the FA are set on going down the English route for a manager then i cant look past Redknapp to be honest, what other English manager is out there better? Cant think of any..

I think he will do well, a major clear out is what is needed after the next Euro's and im sure he knows this..In the likes of Jones, Smalling, Hart, Wilshere, Welbeck etc we have some good young foundations to work with. In fact i would go as far as saying this is one of the most exciting young England teams i have seen coming through certainly in my life time.

As you said though he is going to get raped in the tabloids and the media as a whole, is he thick skinned enough to deal with it? We will see..

As you said though he is going to get raped in the tabloids and the media as a whole, is he thick skinned enough to deal with it? We will see..

It was a long time ago now but England did have the opportunity to appoint English managers well capable of doing very well for England and they were all overlooked. Brian Clough and Peter Taylor (Derby and Forest), Bob Paisley (Liverpool), Ron Saunders (Villa). All had won Championships and all were well capable of dealing with media idiots. Clough used to gob off at the media, Bob Paisley took no notice of the media and they could hardly decipher what he was saying anyway, and Ron Saunders took no shit from anyone.

Agreed. Oh for a team that pass and move. I bet Millen was watching "Celebrity Big Brother" on another channel!

And even a mention of Bristol City, whilst talking about Joe Jordan

It was disappointing that Big Joe couldn't replicate the fantastic football of his first tenure second time around.

Gerry Gow and Terry Cooper apart, I can't think of another player who could lift an entire stadium. Awesome.

Thanks for the memories Joe.

their second goal today (Defoe's) was class.

Still don't think he'd be that good as England manager. He loves the big names... Can you really see him dropping Terry or Ferdinand? Then again, so long as it isn't Psycho I don't care!

He will have to. Jones and Smalling are already knocking on the door, are we going to have to wait till the likes of Terry and Ferdinand are 40 before we drop them? I think Redknapp knows the score, the next euro's will spell the end to many of the old guard.

Agree with you100% on Pearce though, the bloke is clueless!!

I've followed England now for a few years (as in watched lived games home and away) and haven't missed a game. Coppello imo is the worst thing to happen to England in years and I can't wait to get rid of him after the Euros. Harry is made for the job.

He will have to. Jones and Smalling are already knocking on the door, are we going to have to wait till the likes of Terry and Ferdinand are 40 before we drop them? I think Redknapp knows the score, the next euro's will spell the end to many of the old guard.

Agree with you100% on Pearce though, the bloke is clueless!!

Shawcross, Dawson and Cahill have to be above Smalling?

against Hearts...

True, but you can only beat what's infront of you.

The man's good at getting teams punching above their wieght, and to be honest after the world cup it's clear England are way behind the top teams right now.

yeah that is true, just dont expect them to be as good when they play the better teams.

And as for England is concerned, I am increasingly sick of our hopeless expectation, we just aren't that good lets be perfectly honest!

His media mates will get him the England job. Not a fan in all fairness, too much hype surrounding him, there are far better managers out there who have won something in their careers.

The FA have stated they want an Englishman to take charge , which English manager would you choose above Harry?

And as for England is concerned, I am increasingly sick of our hopeless expectation, we just aren't that good lets be perfectly honest!

When the qualifying draw was made the other week, they showed the odds on Sky and England were something like 16/1 to win the next WC, which is the longest we've ever been at this stage. The betting expert explained it by saying that people seem to have given up on talking us up, and not before time.

Every time we get to a tournament, the "we'll win it, we have nothing to fear" brigade start proclaiming us to be amongst the best in the world, despite all the evidence pointing to the contrary. It does appear that the penny has finally dropped for a lot of people following the debacle in the last WC.

The FA have stated they want an Englishman to take charge , which English manager would you choose above Harry?

Never new tbh that they were after an English manager. I don't think it matters too much if they are English or not now, our best crop came through when Sven was in charge and that would have been our best hope of making a semi-final/final but it never worked out that way. Depends what the FA think a realistic tournament finish would be, for me a quarter final finish would be a decent return for an England manager, Redknapp could do that possibly, but would that be enough for the fans? The media will cream their pants if their mate Arry gets the job, Personally I would like to see another technical manager like Hoddle or a foreigner like Martinez, rather than Redknapp.

He's the type of guy who would have gammon steak, egg, chips and bread fir his dinner; all washed down with a cup of tea. What more could we want from an England manager?!

I could see him on a world rampage trying to get every talented 16 year old in the world to look for a shred of English relations - he does love a bargain!

He's the type of guy who would have gammon steak, egg, chips and bread fir his dinner; all washed down with a cup of tea. What more could we want from an England manager?!

I could see him on a world rampage trying to get every talented 16 year old in the world to look for a shred of English relations - he does love a bargain!

He might love a bargain, but to get pompey to win an FA cup he has ruined them. He must have known what the financial position was, but he kept paying more and more for players, maybe portsmouth fans might say it was worth it, but so far, their club has survived. Give Harry an open cheque book and he will do alright. Their midfield is one of the best in the premier league and he couldnt get them into the top 4 last season. He is the best english manager, yes, but that doesnt make him that good IMHO - much like the england players - they are the best we can serve up, but when it comes to it, they arent that good (he says as he sees another Frank Lampard 20 yarder sailing into row z of wembley).

Agreed. Oh for a team that pass and move. I bet Millen was watching "Celebrity Big Brother" on another channel!

And even a mention of Bristol City, whilst talking about Joe Jordan

It was disappointing that Big Joe couldn't replicate the fantastic football of his first tenure second time around.

Gerry Gow and Terry Cooper apart, I can't think of another player who could lift an entire stadium. Awesome.

Thanks for the memories Joe.

You know what, even after Joe Jordan's second spell in charge I'd still have him back as a City manager one day. He produced a couple of decent City teams - of which the second one John Ward tweaked slightly and got into the playoffs and then promoted the following year.

Think how much better he would be the third time around after all his experience over the last few years in the Premier League.

You know what, even after Joe Jordan's second spell in charge I'd still have him back as a City manager one day. He produced a couple of decent City teams - of which the second one John Ward tweaked slightly and got into the playoffs and then promoted the following year.

Think how much better he would be the third time around after all his experience over the last few years in the Premier League.

Never go back, I can't remember any managers that have been successful going back to their old clubs, it only adds pressure from successes of the past. Time will tell if Dalglish is successful.

Better to have the memories of 89/90 than to kill them entirely with what could be a 2nd unsuccessful spell. he will forever be a hero to me,even though he jumped ship at the first sign of success, don't tarnish it even further.

physco is being groomed for the next england manager job,

Anyway the problem with being england manager is the team, most don't have the pride you use to have pulling on the shirt and would rather be doing coke or fifa adverts instead of playing international football,

Thats somthing pearce seems to be installing in the younger generation a bit of pride,

We still have a talented squad for the future Rooney will be around for the next 2 torny's at least hart smaling jones Cahill is still young gibbs Wilshire Ashley Young Chambelin (if wenger can bring him on like Wlacott), none are the world class level as messi or inestia but as a team they could do very well together,

physco is being groomed for the next england manager job,

Anyway the problem with being england manager is the team, most don't have the pride you use to have pulling on the shirt and would rather be doing coke or fifa adverts instead of playing international football,

Thats somthing pearce seems to be installing in the younger generation a bit of pride,

We still have a talented squad for the future Rooney will be around for the next 2 torny's at least hart smaling jones Cahill is still young gibbs Wilshire Ashley Young Chambelin (if wenger can bring him on like Wlacott), none are the world class level as messi or inestia but as a team they could do very well together,

Talented my arse, when they can actually control a ball rather than run around like headless chickens I will be impressed, the only player there to have the actual technique and control for international football is Wilshire, all the others are good Premier League footballers (Chamberlin we will have to wait and see) but nowhere near world class footballers. We will be distinctly mediocre for years to come.

We need to change our coaching technique through every level of football, until that is done nothing will change. Even if it does happen I doubt we will see the benefits for at least 20-30 years. My god, i'' be 60 - 70 years old then!, that is scarey!

Talented my arse, when they can actually control a ball rather than run around like headless chickens I will be impressed, the only player there to have the actual technique and control for international football is Wilshire, all the others are good Premier League footballers (Chamberlin we will have to wait and see) but nowhere near world class footballers. We will be distinctly mediocre for years to come.

We need to change our coaching technique through every level of football, until that is done nothing will change. Even if it does happen I doubt we will see the benefits for at least 20-30 years. My god, i'' be 60 - 70 years old then!, that is scarey!

I never said they were world class but if you don't think Ashley Young, Smalling, Jones have any talent then I suggest you change your glasses, SAF doesn't sign you if your crap (goalkeepers aside)

I never said they were world class but if you don't think Ashley Young, Smalling, Jones have any talent then I suggest you change your glasses, SAF doesn't sign you if your crap (goalkeepers aside)

SAF has signed plenty of players who werent good enough for man united, but he always had his old guard of giggs, scholes, the nevilles etc to rely on. Now they are pretty much finished (Giggs still looks good), they are having to rely on people like Fletcher to carry them, and good enough pro though he is, he isnt exactly down in the history books of greatest players.

I am hoping Smalling and Jones take over from where people like O'shea and brown were, and raise that level further. Not sure if they will get to the ferdinand and vidic level, which is 2 top premier league defenders - not necessarily world class, although vidic is probably the defender in the premier league most likely to get in the barcelona team, which is my barometer of what world class is.

Archived